Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Men’s Room

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    It’s a tough time with added stress no wonder your having a bit of a bumpy time . As hard and horrid as it is , under the circumstances your experiencing its normal to feel the way you do . Try to accept the feeling for what it is , but it’s not you ! It’s just a feeling , It will pass . Cutting down booze and exercise are real positives . Your doing well pal .
    Cheers mate, it's funny someone posted in this thread because I had a crap day yesterday but it's been the first one in some time and I got a grip on things quite quickly which strangely made me feel quite good. I went out for a walk with my brother and his dogs, and put the world to rights as he's having a bit of grief too at the moment, it's magic what a bit of fresh air can do. Fingers crossed we're finally getting a grip on this Covid bollocks and we can get back to the ground, go for a normal pint and stop walking around looking like ninja's.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Just thought I'd mention this Saints as a club need a really big "shout" for providing a venue for the vaccine 'roll out' , I haven't a clue if a fee has been charged for the use of the TWS but what it provided for so many was unbelievable . The service was and is absolutely fantastic could not have been any more professional, just can't say enough but to add my absolute gratitude. Here's why I am unlucky enough to be classed as "highly extremely vulnerable " and was therefore near the top of the pecking order. For the last 12 months I have been struggling with the knowledge that if I catch the 'covid' it was guaranteed that I wouldn't survive (look it up = Myeloma) , I booked an appointment and went along and had my jab , no problems whatsoever, on sitting down in a separate area with others we started to chat and everyone spoke of what I felt = relief , everyone was smiling and talking like they had won a million dollars . Me ? although I because of my illness wont have as much protection as 99.9% as others I will after my booster have a certain amount which as I am told although I can get seriously iill the 'jab' will prevent death (hopefully) lol . Can you imagine walking along back to my transport what emotions I was and still am going through?. Just to say thanks Eamonn for providing the facilities, you have helped to make thousands of people feeling exactly as I do very very thankful. Me ? usually whingeing = not this time.
    Last edited by roy litherland; 12th February 2021 at 18:36.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Just thought I'd mention this Saindts as a club need a really big "shout" for providing a venue for the vaccine 'roll out' , I haven't a clue if a fee has been charged for the use of the TWS but what it provided for so many was unbelievable . The service was and is absolutely fantastic could not have been any more professional, just can't say enough but to add my absolute gratitude. Here's why I am unlucky enough to be classed as "highly extremely vulnerable " and was therefore near the top of the pecking order. For the last 12 months I have been struggling with the knowledge that if I catch the 'covid' it was guaranteed that I wouldn't survive (look it up = Myeloma) , I booked an appointment and went along and had my jab , no problems whatsoever, on sitting down in a separate area with others we started to chat and everyone spoke of what I felt = relief , everyone was smiling and talking like they had won a million dollars . Me ? although I because of my illness wont have as much protection as 99.9% as others I will after my booster have a certain amount which as I am told although I can get seriously iill the 'jab' will prevent death (hopefully) lol . Can you imagine walking along back to my transport what emotions I was and still am going through?. Just to say thanks Eamonn for providing the facilities, you have helped to make thousands of people feeling exactly as I do very very thankful. Me ? usually whingeing = not this time.
    You're a brave guy Roy. Great to hear about the way the ground is working so well as a vaccination hub.

I hope the vaccine keeps you as safe as it can & I genuinely wish you all the best going forward

Just thought I'd mention this Saindts as a club need a really big "shout" for providing a venue for the vaccine 'roll out' , I haven't a clue if a fee has been charged for the use of the TWS but what it provided for so many was unbelievable . The service was and is absolutely fantastic could not have been any more professional, just can't say enough but to add my absolute gratitude. Here's why I am unlucky enough to be classed as "highly extremely vulnerable " and was therefore near the top of the pecking order. For the last 12 months I have been struggling with the knowledge that if I catch the 'covid' it was guaranteed that I wouldn't survive (look it up = Myeloma) , I booked an appointment and went along and had my jab , no problems whatsoever, on sitting down in a separate area with others we started to chat and everyone spoke of what I felt = relief , everyone was smiling and talking like they had won a million dollars . Me ? although I because of my illness wont have as much protection as 99.9% as others I will after my booster have a certain amount which as I am told although I can get seriously iill the 'jab' will prevent death (hopefully) lol . Can you imagine walking along back to my transport what emotions I was and still am going through?. Just to say thanks Eamonn for providing the facilities, you have helped to make thousands of people feeling exactly as I do very very thankful. Me ? usually whingeing = not this time.
    Thanks for posting this, Roy, it brought a few tears to my eyes hearing the effect the jab has had for you. I’m due to go on Monday, only downside is I foolishly agreed to be there at 8:10am. Nevertheless, all credit to all involved at Saints in providing the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    You're a brave guy Roy. Great to hear about the way the ground is working so well as a vaccination hub.

I hope the vaccine keeps you as safe as it can & I genuinely wish you all the best going forward
    Not Brave Ralph , couldn't show my real feelings of fear , not for me although I wouldn't have died of the 'covid' it would have been by other means , but what I would have left behind = MY FAMILY , always on my mind 100% , I don't view much telly but everytime I passed the box there would be tales of people on ventilators really struggling with no family to see them off , me I don't believe in the 'thereafter' once your gone that's your lot , no funeral where people "have to show thier face" , just a David Bowie for me top bloke .Thanks for the good wishes though even sounds like I'm contradicting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Roy, it brought a few tears to my eyes hearing the effect the jab has had for you. I’m due to go on Monday, only downside is I foolishly agreed to be there at 8:10am. Nevertheless, all credit to all involved at Saints in providing the facility.
    Tabasco just drive into the main entrance a steward will be there to explain everything = absolute loads of parking spaces , the steward will probably be Ged 'top bloke' a good mate of mine . It really is very professional people explaining things every step of the way you just cant go wrong , get there about 7:45 because they need people to jab , could/would you just pass on your thoughts about the whole procedure which including your 10 minute rest would be about 20 mins , wont say good luck you wont need it , cheers mate.

Banned

Just thought I'd mention this Saints as a club need a really big "shout" for providing a venue for the vaccine 'roll out' , I haven't a clue if a fee has been charged for the use of the TWS but what it provided for so many was unbelievable . The service was and is absolutely fantastic could not have been any more professional, just can't say enough but to add my absolute gratitude. Here's why I am unlucky enough to be classed as "highly extremely vulnerable " and was therefore near the top of the pecking order. For the last 12 months I have been struggling with the knowledge that if I catch the 'covid' it was guaranteed that I wouldn't survive (look it up = Myeloma) , I booked an appointment and went along and had my jab , no problems whatsoever, on sitting down in a separate area with others we started to chat and everyone spoke of what I felt = relief , everyone was smiling and talking like they had won a million dollars . Me ? although I because of my illness wont have as much protection as 99.9% as others I will after my booster have a certain amount which as I am told although I can get seriously iill the 'jab' will prevent death (hopefully) lol . Can you imagine walking along back to my transport what emotions I was and still am going through?. Just to say thanks Eamonn for providing the facilities, you have helped to make thousands of people feeling exactly as I do very very thankful. Me ? usually whingeing = not this time.
    Happy new year Roy, great to see you still posting and long may it continue. Having a vulnerable relative I can understand what you've been through.

Good to see this thread being used too. Anyone who may be struggling, get it down here, there's no judgement and speaking from a personal point of view, it really does help.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Happy new year Roy, great to see you still posting and long may it continue. Having a vulnerable relative I can understand what you've been through.

Good to see this thread being used too. Anyone who may be struggling, get it down here, there's no judgement and speaking from a personal point of view, it really does help.
    Hi Dave all the best to you mate , been and is a struggle but we are all prone to problems in life , yes you are absolutely right this page does help . The support from members as you know really helps especially when reading them for the first time(because we all read them more than once) is really uplifting. Even sharing the negative aspects of " what's happening in our lives" ie needing help by way of admitting one needs help from 'counselling' which at the time I didn't realize I needed . Support as said by others is great , but showing support for others to try to help them through a 'difficult' patch again feels like we are actually helping , sorry Dave need to go lunch is o the table , loolafter yourself mate see you soon .

Banned

Hi Dave all the best to you mate , been and is a struggle but we are all prone to problems in life , yes you are absolutely right this page does help . The support from members as you know really helps especially when reading them for the first time(because we all read them more than once) is really uplifting. Even sharing the negative aspects of " what's happening in our lives" ie needing help by way of admitting one needs help from 'counselling' which at the time I didn't realize I needed . Support as said by others is great , but showing support for others to try to help them through a 'difficult' patch again feels like we are actually helping , sorry Dave need to go lunch is o the table , loolafter yourself mate see you soon .
    Spot on mate and it makes no one less of a man speaking out. In fact, I've more respect for someone that can hold their hands up than someone who suffers in silence.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post

100% agree AD
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Banned

I've found this chap very insightful; a slayer of some of the myths and victim/opressor politics that has come to have a place at the forefront of society and someone who has articulately put forward men's issues/needs in modern society. This interview may help men on here, especially younger ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRjp1-DgMuA
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 16th April 2021 at 16:50.

Saints getting great praise again on Granada Reports , over 5 million 'jabs' have had thiers at the Totally Wicked Stadium , everyone that was in someway had an input into the process heaped positive praise on what Saints and and all the volunteers have achieved and in just in my case I cant say enough of what this means to me and my better half . Eamonn I hope you read this thread and understand what your/our club have done is 2nd to none please accept our utmost thanks, and in certainly our case we are very proud of the excellent service provided, THANK YOU.

Saints getting great praise again on Granada Reports , over 5 million 'jabs' have had thiers at the Totally Wicked Stadium , everyone that was in someway had an input into the process heaped positive praise on what Saints and and all the volunteers have achieved and in just in my case I cant say enough of what this means to me and my better half . Eamonn I hope you read this thread and understand what your/our club have done is 2nd to none please accept our utmost thanks, and in certainly our case we are very proud of the excellent service provided, THANK YOU.
    I will second that

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Learning All The Songs

I find it bewildering that the government can give a company that was previously fined by them for their ineptness a tens of billion pound contract for track & trace yet when it comes to the vaccines rely on volunteers.

But we'll done to all involved.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I find it bewildering that the government can give a company that was previously fined by them for their ineptness a tens of billion pound contract for track & trace yet when it comes to the vaccines rely on volunteers.

Bewildering maybe but certainly not shocking. Not a chance you'd catch me helping those crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post

It had to tilly because the track and trace which was a complete farce was given to thier mates and cost a fortune , this jab scenario was driven by the NHS , and the unbelievable amount of volunteers , the toad Johnson has now adopted the work as though the success was down to him , this by the man who 'allegedly' shouted out = pile them high in thier thousands , because HE didn't want a 2nd lockdown . Anyway political aside , for those that accepted and had the jab it's certainly along with the lockdown saved thousands of lives.

Learning All The Songs

It had to tilly because the track and trace which was a complete farce was given to thier mates and cost a fortune , this jab scenario was driven by the NHS , and the unbelievable amount of volunteers , the toad Johnson has now adopted the work as though the success was down to him , this by the man who 'allegedly' shouted out = pile them high in thier thousands , because HE didn't want a 2nd lockdown . Anyway political aside , for those that accepted and had the jab it's certainly along with the lockdown saved thousands of lives.
    Cheers for that Roy, I didn't realise that it was NHS driven. Now I understand why it was such a success compared to the track & trace.

I listen to a guy called Alan Beswick on GMR and a guy that rang in said that when the track & trace contract was given out the NHS already had a track & trace system in place through the sexual disease clinic infrastructure. You can bet it would have been a lot more cost effective to upscale this but these guys are only interested in lining their own pockets.

Boris was probably registered on the NHS track & trace database a long time ago.

Learning All The Songs

There is quite a lot of rudeness on this forum which moderators do nothing about in my opinion. Ironically, this welfare post appears at the top of the forum but if someone is lonely or vulnerable the rudeness will make things worse. I write as a retired clinical psychologist and psychotherapist with my own mental health vulnerabilities. I think you should walk the walk or take this thread down because it appears disingenuous to me

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    There is quite a lot of rudeness on this forum which moderators do nothing about in my opinion. Ironically, this welfare post appears at the top of the forum but if someone is lonely or vulnerable the rudeness will make things worse. I write as a retired clinical psychologist and psychotherapist with my own mental health vulnerabilities. I think you should walk the walk or take this thread down because it appears disingenuous to me
    I don’t frequent this thread myself but it has been a good thing for many of our posters. Im not sure it should be removed because of a couple of rude people. Sadly the internet is full of rude people. If your own mental state is compromised by the posts of a couple of rude people i suggest you stay away from the internets altogether mate.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I don’t frequent this thread myself but it has been a good thing for many of our posters. Im not sure it should be removed because of a couple of rude people. Sadly the internet is full of rude people. If your own mental state is compromised by the posts of a couple of rude people i suggest you stay away from the internets altogether mate.
    Thank you Fishy. My mental health isn’t compromised by this and it’s not a cry for support. Given other things on this forum this thread feels like virtue signaling to me. We are either willing to consider each other’s well being and debate with a sense of mutual respect, or we’re not. Putting up a thread called a men’s room doesn’t excuse regular, unmoderated daily behaviour which regularly populates this forum

But again, thanks for your kindness intentions, if that’s what is was, in replying

Anyone can talk the talk....

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Thank you Fishy. My mental health isn’t compromised by this and it’s not a cry for support. Given other things on this forum this thread feels like virtue signaling to me. We are either willing to consider each other’s well being and debate with a sense of mutual respect, or we’re not. Putting up a thread called a men’s room doesn’t excuse regular, unmoderated daily behaviour which regularly populates this forum

But again, thanks for your kindness intentions, if that’s what is was, in replying

Anyone can talk the talk....
    No doubt theres a possible element of virtue signalling mate. I don’t use the thread myself and im personally sick of the whole ‘men please talk movement’ as its mostly virtue signalling and trivialises the serious mental health issues that some blokes suffer with. But if this thread is a help to some men im happy for it to stay. I agree, the forum would be a much better place if a couple of posters where a bit more polite.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    No doubt theres a possible element of virtue signalling mate. I don’t use the thread myself and im personally sick of the whole ‘men please talk movement’ as its mostly virtue signalling and trivialises the serious mental health issues that some blokes suffer with. But if this thread is a help to some men im happy for it to stay. I agree, the forum would be a much better place if a couple of posters where a bit more polite.
    Well said. I hope to start a debate about exactly that. The research shows that talking saves lives. Currently the biggest killer among adult males in the UK is suicide followed by heart disease. On a recent thread about our defeat against Catalan a moderator chastised someone for posts that were polite but attracted rude responses. I think the moderator made a valid point but there was no mention of the numerous rude responses whatsoever. In my opinion this needs to be pointed out

We all love rugby, have a passion for Saints and, maybe, a pride in our home town. We can be better than this

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

There are various degrees of rudeness on the regular threads, but most of it is fairly tame compared to other sites IMO, and there are options available to report something to the mods, use the ignore function, or even drop a personal message to those causing offence.
    Obviously some people are more sensitive than others, and I agree with you that being on the receiving end could make things worse.
    I don't agree with you that this thread should be taken down because of that. It clearly is used by some to get things off their chests, and as far as I can see, any replies have been sympathetic and supportive.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    There are various degrees of rudeness on the regular threads, but most of it is fairly tame compared to other sites IMO, and there are options available to report something to the mods, use the ignore function, or even drop a personal message to those causing offence.
    Obviously some people are more sensitive than others, and I agree with you that being on the receiving end could make things worse.
    I don't agree with you that this thread should be taken down because of that. It clearly is used by some to get things off their chests, and as far as I can see, any replies have been sympathetic and supportive.
    I didn’t say take it down. I said walk the walk or take it down. Putting up a virtue signalling pointless thread to cover up failings elsewhere is hypocritical and disingenuous in my opinion. By all means leave the thread where it is as a useful asset while simultaneously moderating the rest of the forum to remove or at least reduce some of the ubiquitous and mindless rudeness. That would be preferable to me but then again I’m just one person. If most people are happy with it so be it. It may be that other fora are much worse but if I may say so I think that isn’t the point. Some debates on this forum go too far and moderators appear to ignore rude comments. I wish they didn’t ignore them. Beyond that, I wish they didn’t have to ignore the rudeness because we all debate with mutual respect. I acknowledge that in the main posters do behave thoughtfully and responsibly but there are a few who consistently do not.

You get the behaviour you tolerate and by setting this thread up the forum has stated an intention to be mindful of emotional difficulties

As I say above if I’m on my own in this view I will leave it alone

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I didn’t say take it down. I said walk the walk or take it down. Putting up a virtue signalling pointless thread to cover up failings elsewhere is hypocritical and disingenuous in my opinion...
    I don't believe that it was set up to cover 'failings' elsewhere. I think the reasons were genuine, and it's already been acknowledged that some posters have benefited from it.
    Also, the 'failings' you mention, and the degree of offence taken, are subjective things. I personally think this forum is moderated quite well, given that the moderators are just regular members like us. They can't be here 24/7 reading and responding to every post.