JB&B Leach Banner
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The Menís Room

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    It’s a tough time with added stress no wonder your having a bit of a bumpy time . As hard and horrid as it is , under the circumstances your experiencing its normal to feel the way you do . Try to accept the feeling for what it is , but it’s not you ! It’s just a feeling , It will pass . Cutting down booze and exercise are real positives . Your doing well pal .
    Cheers mate, it's funny someone posted in this thread because I had a crap day yesterday but it's been the first one in some time and I got a grip on things quite quickly which strangely made me feel quite good. I went out for a walk with my brother and his dogs, and put the world to rights as he's having a bit of grief too at the moment, it's magic what a bit of fresh air can do. Fingers crossed we're finally getting a grip on this Covid bollocks and we can get back to the ground, go for a normal pint and stop walking around looking like ninja's.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Just thought I'd mention this Saints as a club need a really big "shout" for providing a venue for the vaccine 'roll out' , I haven't a clue if a fee has been charged for the use of the TWS but what it provided for so many was unbelievable . The service was and is absolutely fantastic could not have been any more professional, just can't say enough but to add my absolute gratitude. Here's why I am unlucky enough to be classed as "highly extremely vulnerable " and was therefore near the top of the pecking order. For the last 12 months I have been struggling with the knowledge that if I catch the 'covid' it was guaranteed that I wouldn't survive (look it up = Myeloma) , I booked an appointment and went along and had my jab , no problems whatsoever, on sitting down in a separate area with others we started to chat and everyone spoke of what I felt = relief , everyone was smiling and talking like they had won a million dollars . Me ? although I because of my illness wont have as much protection as 99.9% as others I will after my booster have a certain amount which as I am told although I can get seriously iill the 'jab' will prevent death (hopefully) lol . Can you imagine walking along back to my transport what emotions I was and still am going through?. Just to say thanks Eamonn for providing the facilities, you have helped to make thousands of people feeling exactly as I do very very thankful. Me ? usually whingeing = not this time.
    Last edited by roy litherland; 12th February 2021 at 17:36.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Just thought I'd mention this Saindts as a club need a really big "shout" for providing a venue for the vaccine 'roll out' , I haven't a clue if a fee has been charged for the use of the TWS but what it provided for so many was unbelievable . The service was and is absolutely fantastic could not have been any more professional, just can't say enough but to add my absolute gratitude. Here's why I am unlucky enough to be classed as "highly extremely vulnerable " and was therefore near the top of the pecking order. For the last 12 months I have been struggling with the knowledge that if I catch the 'covid' it was guaranteed that I wouldn't survive (look it up = Myeloma) , I booked an appointment and went along and had my jab , no problems whatsoever, on sitting down in a separate area with others we started to chat and everyone spoke of what I felt = relief , everyone was smiling and talking like they had won a million dollars . Me ? although I because of my illness wont have as much protection as 99.9% as others I will after my booster have a certain amount which as I am told although I can get seriously iill the 'jab' will prevent death (hopefully) lol . Can you imagine walking along back to my transport what emotions I was and still am going through?. Just to say thanks Eamonn for providing the facilities, you have helped to make thousands of people feeling exactly as I do very very thankful. Me ? usually whingeing = not this time.
    You're a brave guy Roy. Great to hear about the way the ground is working so well as a vaccination hub.

I hope the vaccine keeps you as safe as it can & I genuinely wish you all the best going forward

Just thought I'd mention this Saindts as a club need a really big "shout" for providing a venue for the vaccine 'roll out' , I haven't a clue if a fee has been charged for the use of the TWS but what it provided for so many was unbelievable . The service was and is absolutely fantastic could not have been any more professional, just can't say enough but to add my absolute gratitude. Here's why I am unlucky enough to be classed as "highly extremely vulnerable " and was therefore near the top of the pecking order. For the last 12 months I have been struggling with the knowledge that if I catch the 'covid' it was guaranteed that I wouldn't survive (look it up = Myeloma) , I booked an appointment and went along and had my jab , no problems whatsoever, on sitting down in a separate area with others we started to chat and everyone spoke of what I felt = relief , everyone was smiling and talking like they had won a million dollars . Me ? although I because of my illness wont have as much protection as 99.9% as others I will after my booster have a certain amount which as I am told although I can get seriously iill the 'jab' will prevent death (hopefully) lol . Can you imagine walking along back to my transport what emotions I was and still am going through?. Just to say thanks Eamonn for providing the facilities, you have helped to make thousands of people feeling exactly as I do very very thankful. Me ? usually whingeing = not this time.
    Thanks for posting this, Roy, it brought a few tears to my eyes hearing the effect the jab has had for you. I’m due to go on Monday, only downside is I foolishly agreed to be there at 8:10am. Nevertheless, all credit to all involved at Saints in providing the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    You're a brave guy Roy. Great to hear about the way the ground is working so well as a vaccination hub.

I hope the vaccine keeps you as safe as it can & I genuinely wish you all the best going forward
    Not Brave Ralph , couldn't show my real feelings of fear , not for me although I wouldn't have died of the 'covid' it would have been by other means , but what I would have left behind = MY FAMILY , always on my mind 100% , I don't view much telly but everytime I passed the box there would be tales of people on ventilators really struggling with no family to see them off , me I don't believe in the 'thereafter' once your gone that's your lot , no funeral where people "have to show thier face" , just a David Bowie for me top bloke .Thanks for the good wishes though even sounds like I'm contradicting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Roy, it brought a few tears to my eyes hearing the effect the jab has had for you. I’m due to go on Monday, only downside is I foolishly agreed to be there at 8:10am. Nevertheless, all credit to all involved at Saints in providing the facility.
    Tabasco just drive into the main entrance a steward will be there to explain everything = absolute loads of parking spaces , the steward will probably be Ged 'top bloke' a good mate of mine . It really is very professional people explaining things every step of the way you just cant go wrong , get there about 7:45 because they need people to jab , could/would you just pass on your thoughts about the whole procedure which including your 10 minute rest would be about 20 mins , wont say good luck you wont need it , cheers mate.

Just thought I'd mention this Saints as a club need a really big "shout" for providing a venue for the vaccine 'roll out' , I haven't a clue if a fee has been charged for the use of the TWS but what it provided for so many was unbelievable . The service was and is absolutely fantastic could not have been any more professional, just can't say enough but to add my absolute gratitude. Here's why I am unlucky enough to be classed as "highly extremely vulnerable " and was therefore near the top of the pecking order. For the last 12 months I have been struggling with the knowledge that if I catch the 'covid' it was guaranteed that I wouldn't survive (look it up = Myeloma) , I booked an appointment and went along and had my jab , no problems whatsoever, on sitting down in a separate area with others we started to chat and everyone spoke of what I felt = relief , everyone was smiling and talking like they had won a million dollars . Me ? although I because of my illness wont have as much protection as 99.9% as others I will after my booster have a certain amount which as I am told although I can get seriously iill the 'jab' will prevent death (hopefully) lol . Can you imagine walking along back to my transport what emotions I was and still am going through?. Just to say thanks Eamonn for providing the facilities, you have helped to make thousands of people feeling exactly as I do very very thankful. Me ? usually whingeing = not this time.
    Happy new year Roy, great to see you still posting and long may it continue. Having a vulnerable relative I can understand what you've been through.

Good to see this thread being used too. Anyone who may be struggling, get it down here, there's no judgement and speaking from a personal point of view, it really does help.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Happy new year Roy, great to see you still posting and long may it continue. Having a vulnerable relative I can understand what you've been through.

Good to see this thread being used too. Anyone who may be struggling, get it down here, there's no judgement and speaking from a personal point of view, it really does help.
    Hi Dave all the best to you mate , been and is a struggle but we are all prone to problems in life , yes you are absolutely right this page does help . The support from members as you know really helps especially when reading them for the first time(because we all read them more than once) is really uplifting. Even sharing the negative aspects of " what's happening in our lives" ie needing help by way of admitting one needs help from 'counselling' which at the time I didn't realize I needed . Support as said by others is great , but showing support for others to try to help them through a 'difficult' patch again feels like we are actually helping , sorry Dave need to go lunch is o the table , loolafter yourself mate see you soon .

Hi Dave all the best to you mate , been and is a struggle but we are all prone to problems in life , yes you are absolutely right this page does help . The support from members as you know really helps especially when reading them for the first time(because we all read them more than once) is really uplifting. Even sharing the negative aspects of " what's happening in our lives" ie needing help by way of admitting one needs help from 'counselling' which at the time I didn't realize I needed . Support as said by others is great , but showing support for others to try to help them through a 'difficult' patch again feels like we are actually helping , sorry Dave need to go lunch is o the table , loolafter yourself mate see you soon .
    Spot on mate and it makes no one less of a man speaking out. In fact, I've more respect for someone that can hold their hands up than someone who suffers in silence.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post

100% agree AD
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

In The South Stand

I've found this chap very insightful; a slayer of some of the myths and victim/opressor politics that has come to have a place at the forefront of society and someone who has articulately put forward men's issues/needs in modern society. This interview may help men on here, especially younger ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRjp1-DgMuA
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 16th April 2021 at 15:50.