Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Menís Room

Got A Season Ticket

Hi All,

Today marks world mental health day. Thankfully the stigma is being removed and the stiff upper lip fallacy is drifting towards oblivion.

Got A Season Ticket

Mental Health/Suicide Prevention Helplines and Websites​. I thought this may help one of us going forwards, hopefully its a post that will never be needed.

Samaritans: 116 123 (www.samaritans.org) - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Get in touch about anything that’s troubling you, no matter how large or small the issue feels. Will listen and help you work through what’s on your mind. No judgement, no pressure.

Mind: 0300 123 3393 or text 86463 (www.mind.org.uk) - Provide confidential help, advice, and information on mental health issues for the price of a local call.

Childline: 0800 1111 (www.childline.org.uk) - Childline is free, confidential, and available any time day or night. Help and advice available for young people about a wide range of issues (self-harming, sex, bullying, etc.) Talk to a counsellor online, send Childline an email, or post on the message boards.

Papyrus: 0800 068 41 41 (www.papyrus-uk.org) - If you are a young person, or know a young person, who is not coping with life and may be contemplating suicide, please call for confidential support and suicide prevention advice.
    Available: Mon-Fri 9:00 am to 10:00 pm Weekends 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm Bank Holidays 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm

Calm: 0800 58 58 58 (www.thecalmzone.net) – Available 5 pm to Midnight the helpline is for people in the UK who are down or have hit a wall for any reason, and need to talk or find information and support.

Young Minds: 0808 802 5544 (Need urgent help? text YM to 85258)(www.youngminds.org.uk) - Whether you want to know more about how you’re feeling, get information about a mental health condition, or find out what support is available to you.

The Mix: 0808 808 4994 (www.themix.org.uk) - Free information and support for under 25s in the UK. Get help and advice on a range of issues: mental health, drugs, homelessness, sex, relationships, money, jobs, etc.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Mental Health/Suicide Prevention Helplines and Websites​. I thought this may help one of us going forwards, hopefully its a post that will never be needed.

Samaritans: 116 123 (www.samaritans.org) - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Get in touch about anything that’s troubling you, no matter how large or small the issue feels. Will listen and help you work through what’s on your mind. No judgement, no pressure.

Mind: 0300 123 3393 or text 86463 (www.mind.org.uk) - Provide confidential help, advice, and information on mental health issues for the price of a local call.

Childline: 0800 1111 (www.childline.org.uk) - Childline is free, confidential, and available any time day or night. Help and advice available for young people about a wide range of issues (self-harming, sex, bullying, etc.) Talk to a counsellor online, send Childline an email, or post on the message boards.

Papyrus: 0800 068 41 41 (www.papyrus-uk.org) - If you are a young person, or know a young person, who is not coping with life and may be contemplating suicide, please call for confidential support and suicide prevention advice.
    Available: Mon-Fri 9:00 am to 10:00 pm Weekends 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm Bank Holidays 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm

Calm: 0800 58 58 58 (www.thecalmzone.net) – Available 5 pm to Midnight the helpline is for people in the UK who are down or have hit a wall for any reason, and need to talk or find information and support.

Young Minds: 0808 802 5544 (Need urgent help? text YM to 85258)(www.youngminds.org.uk) - Whether you want to know more about how you’re feeling, get information about a mental health condition, or find out what support is available to you.

The Mix: 0808 808 4994 (www.themix.org.uk) - Free information and support for under 25s in the UK. Get help and advice on a range of issues: mental health, drugs, homelessness, sex, relationships, money, jobs, etc.
    Hi Cyprus "calm" is something I have dealt with , this is a really helpful post , can I copy this and use it in a different app where I am certain it will be of real help . Thanks for the post , I try to put my condition in a box and put it in a different place and really try my best to live a normal life as best I can , BUT sometimes things do come to mind , where it lies with myself is not the fear of "that's it" , it's the pain I leave behind with the family and that hurts . Anyway I hope the insight PM I sent will be an uplift for later , I was told to say silent which mmm I have , enjoy the game later , its something I am confident we will enjoy at about 10 to 8 lol, enjoy the game I will record and watch later .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Got A Season Ticket

The more coverage the better. The family side of things no one size fits all. On reflection post operation I was bloody awful. No book just keep thinking all the good things in life and try and not get caught up in the regrets. Lets up we are drinking Mixed and not Mild after the game. Four-pence a pint more but smile please were in Greenall Whitley land and Champions.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The more coverage the better. The family side of things no one size fits all. On reflection post operation I was bloody awful. No book just keep thinking all the good things in life and try and not get caught up in the regrets. Lets up we are drinking Mixed and not Mild after the game. Four-pence a pint more but smile please were in Greenall Whitley land and Champions.
    Cheers bud , post much appreciated.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Got A Season Ticket

Roy I realise you must be in a lot of pain I am nursing my wife who is terminal with lung cancer it's also in her liver there is no point giving her chemo we are told as the cancers are to big she also has no short term memory due to a stroke six years ago ,two years ago we were told she may last two years the only difference from now till then is her mobility she can not walk with out her Zimmer I wish you well and hope you can beat it no matter what you are told try and get an appointment with willowbrook they are fantastick

In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robo View Post
    Roy I realise you must be in a lot of pain I am nursing my wife who is terminal with lung cancer it's also in her liver there is no point giving her chemo we are told as the cancers are to big she also has no short term memory due to a stroke six years ago ,two years ago we were told she may last two years the only difference from now till then is her mobility she can not walk with out her Zimmer I wish you well and hope you can beat it no matter what you are told try and get an appointment with willowbrook they are fantastick
    Truly sorry to hear this Robo. I'm sure you are doing the very best you can & I'm thinking of you both.
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

All the best Roy, hope the lads cheered you up last weekend. My thoughts are with anyone going through a battle with cancer as a patient or a carer of a loved one. It's nice that the comments and concern on here shared between us all are genuinely heartfelt... Again all the best to all
    Last edited by Paul Newlove; 17th October 2019 at 17:43.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

To anyone who is suffering with that horrible (or indeed any other) disease you have my heartfelt sympathy. Earlier this week I was at my friends wifes funeral, I have posted about the tragic circumstances of her death previously. When we got home my wife got a phone call to say that two her cousins have been diagnosed with cancer. Hits home hard especially after losing my dad, father-in-law, mother-in law and brother-in-law along with many friends to that horrible disease.
    Someday I really believe that we will find a cure and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Stay strong

Brian