Jungle Out There Banner
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The Menís Room

Got A Season Ticket

I went through a dark period with depression and anxiety which was brought on by a number of things. I didnít have anyone who would genuinely listen so decided to speak to a counsellor. Might not be for everyone but for me just having someone to speak to who didnít judge or interfere was what I really needed. It didnít Ďcureí me but it set me on the right path and although itís taken a few years to achieve it Iím definitely in a consistent good place these days.

Stay positive and take pleasure from the little things that you might take for granted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default The Menís Room

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I've been wanting to write this all week. I'm really struggling at the moment, I'm drinking too much and can feel the depression creeping back in again. I think that's what's getting me down, I've been making an effort to do the right things and I can't seem to get it right. Tried to knock the drink on the head but that in itself makes me unhappy, tried a change of direction workwise but don't seem to be getting anywhere. On top of that it just feels like everything in my life is going wrong.

It probably sounds a bit self pitying this and I know I'm not that hard done to but it feels like life has taken a massive crap on my shoulder.
    Sorry to hear that. A good mate of mine who struggled for a long time with anxiety absolutely swears by mindfulness/meditation. Iíve been letting work get on top of me a bit lately so Iíve been giving it a go for the last few days (just doing 5 minutes first thing in the morning using the free bits of the Headspace app). Early signs are good - a few things that would have wound me up havenít got to me.

Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I've been wanting to write this all week...
    Are you able to get back to a local gym? I remember you saying that you used one a while back.
    Getting those endorphins flowing can provide a 'mood boost' for some.

Cheers lads, I'm feeling a bit better as it goes. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I've got a few things on this week and next that I'm looking forward to to be honest. I think I was just feeling a bit sorry for myself and needed to get a bit perspective. Just need to get a grip on the bevvy now.

Got A Replica Shirt

Speaking from vast experience, the booze solves nothing. I thought it was a comfort until I got to the point where I had to keep drinking to stay away from the heebee geebees. It feels okay for a while, but it’s a downer. Good luck and hope things are going okay for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    Speaking from vast experience, the booze solves nothing. I thought it was a comfort until I got to the point where I had to keep drinking to stay away from the heebee geebees. It feels okay for a while, but it’s a downer. Good luck and hope things are going okay for you.
    Just heading to the gym now.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Thereís some tough stories on this topic.
    Talk to someone. You are not alone and will get help.
    Grief of all kinds can make you feel inadequate, but your not. Support will help you sail a course to rebuilding self confidence and worth.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    There’s some tough stories on this topic.
    Talk to someone. You are not alone and will get help.
    Grief of all kinds can make you feel inadequate, but your not. Support will help you sail a course to rebuilding self confidence and worth.
    That's about the most sensible thing you've ever posted on here. Welcome back, you ēēēē.