Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saints Women .....Totally Wicked Stadium

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Default Saints Women .....Totally Wicked Stadium

Great news, Saints women get to play at the stadium before our Hull cup game, hope fans turn up early and give them great support.

Excellent. I love it when we get an academy game before a first team game, which does not happen that much now. It will be good if they can do this more often. I hope fans turn up early.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Great news, Saints women get to play at the stadium before our Hull cup game, hope fans turn up early and give them great support.
    Do they swap shirts after the game?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Wilkin says he's getting to the changing room a bit earlier than usual....

Got A Season Ticket

There had to be at least one, start to bring the women's game down by this sort of remark

Quote Originally Posted by scots saint View Post
    There had to be at least one, start to bring the women's game down by this sort of remark
    I see the PC watchdogs are out again Get a sense of humour

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    I have a fully fledged sense of humour, thanks oldun. Perhaps however you should retire from all forms of communication as you don't understand the modern world. Respect what the women's game is trying to achieve as a sport, not whats under their tops ffs!

I have a fully fledged sense of humour, thanks oldun. Perhaps however you should retire from all forms of communication as you don't understand the modern world. Respect what the women's game is trying to achieve as a sport, not whats under their tops ffs!
    I fully understand what the young ladies are trying to achieve and enjoy watching the way they put their heart and soul into the game but the person in post #3 to my mind was making a light hearted joke about swopping shirts

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Got A Season Ticket

I fully understand what the young ladies are trying to achieve and enjoy watching the way they put their heart and soul into the game but the person in post #3 to my mind was making a light hearted joke about swopping shirts
    That is not the import nor nature of the poster at post #3, nor was that a post to endorse as acceptable

Got A Season Ticket

The Saints ladies have done brilliantly and deserve the recognition of playing their part a week on Sunday - and yet the tasteless comment like the one above shows there are still plenty of nobheads about

Banned

That is not the import nor nature of the poster at post #3, nor was that a post to endorse as acceptable
    If a female fan commented on the looks or the legs/body of a Saints player, could we expect a similarly pithy response from you?

I appreciate my post was straight of the 1978 edition of the Benny Hill Book of Jokes, but lighten up, fella.

Got A Season Ticket

You made the issue of gender and sexuality the focus of your post, not the women’s teams ability to play

Appreciating how someone looks as a side issue to their abilities, is quite another thing

As you recognise your comments are antiquated, it is surprising you still try and defend them and yourself.

Got A Season Ticket

You made the issue of gender and sexuality the focus of your post, not the women’s teams ability to play

Appreciating how someone looks as a side issue to their abilities, is quite another thing

As you recognise your comments are antiquated, it is surprising you still try and defend them and yourself.

Don't worry - he probably also thinks this is a men only site

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    Don't worry - he probably also thinks this is a men only site
    Well that's judgemental gender stereotyping if we're being all PC. I'm a woman and it didn't offend me remotely, it was a light hearted joke and I'm sure Webbo is looking forward to watching them for their rugby as much as anyone else.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Well that's judgemental gender stereotyping if we're being all PC. I'm a woman and it didn't offend me remotely, it was a light hearted joke and I'm sure Webbo is looking forward to watching them for their rugby as much as anyone else.
    Absolutely, Claire!

And if they get their norks out afterwards, then it'll be merely the cherries on the cake.

Got A Season Ticket

Absolutely, Claire!

How sad you never said directly, what Claire assumed of you - even now

And if they get their norks out afterwards, then it'll be merely the cherries on the cake.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Eh? I wasn't aware I had made any assumptions - though I suppose I assume Webbo enjoys rugby, which is what I said. Don't think that's particularly damning though really.

Anyway this is just silly now, the derailment of the thread makes a mockery of the fact it's meant to be about promoting women's rugby.

I've always enjoyed women's rugby. It tends to be fast and quite alarmingly aggressive (not in a bad way) and I think those that turn up early will watch a thoroughly enjoyable game. Hopefully the league will expand to have more teams.

Banned

How sad you never said directly, what Claire assumed of you - even now

I know. I'm such a despicable person. I beg your forgivenezzzzzzz.........

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I assume you wrote a sternly worded letter to the BBC about Robbie Hunter Paul's attempt to bring down the men's game by remarking on Ben Barba's wonderful buttocks.
    The joke was a pithy one liner it did not say I hope I will be there in time to see them to swap shirts at the end, which would have been bringing the game down to it being the only important aspect.

Are all the Liverpool Footballers bringing down the game by posing in showers for shaving products?

Back on topic, I was wondering if they may bring one or two of the womens games to the home stadium. Great news that they are doing so, creating greater exposure.
    Wonder if they could market a stand alone game for next year, possibly the Wigan Saints Derby???

Upside
    Non Members

I've watched them a few times now and really enjoyed it. I hope the women's game increases participation in the game as a whole, it has the potential to expand our audience to

In relation to the one liner, in isolation these remarks can be funny, I think the worry is if we all look for a cheap laugh each time it discredits the product. It also normalises these comments and often others join in and it increases in amount and content. Whilst a think we need perspective and allow some banter, we also must be careful not to discredit the sport and bring it down a level. This is an opportunity to respect more people playing and the talented rugby on show and persistent cheap jokes doesn't help achieve that. So for me I hope these cheap remarks don't become the norm and we leave this mentality back in the generations past.