Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Naqaima

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    This would be an amazing signing. Imagine keeping Barba too. What a time to be a saints fan.
    My thoughts exactly.

If Barba left and we signed Naiqama it would soften the blow obviously, but to have both in a Saints shirt next year would be ridiculous.

Barba
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Lomax
    Richardson

That would be the best back line over here by some distance.
    Last edited by The Yellow Giraffe; 15th May 2018 at 14:33.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

If Barba left andw e signed Naiqama it would soften the blow obviously, but to have both in a Saints shirt next year would be ridiculous.

Barba
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Lomax
    Richardson

We can but dream !

In The West Stand

My thoughts exactly.

If Barba left andw e signed Naiqama it would soften the blow obviously, but to have both in a Saints shirt next year would be ridiculous.

Barba
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Lomax
    Richardson

Huge amount of competition in the pack to go with it too - Especially is Bentley/ Batchelor get up to speed. It will be interesting to see where we land with Wilkin and Peyroux. Wilkin re-signing could still free up quite a bit of cap space I imagine

Got A Season Ticket

I read on the NRL Rumours FB page that we are looking at getting him this season. I can't find a way to copy the link but here's the text copied:

The latest rumours coming out of Wests Tigers is Kevin Naiqama has asked for an immediate release to take up a Super League offer. If the club approves his release, Curtis Rona may sign before the June 30 deadline and be available for this season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

If we loaned out Smith and Morgan we could afford Naiqama immediately with change left over to improve Richardsons contract maybe? This would be a great scenario, but who’s likely to take those players off our hands? Which clubs need a scrum half and/or a centre?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    If we loaned out Smith and Morgan we could afford Naiqama immediately with change left over to improve Richardsons contract maybe? This would be a great scenario, but who’s likely to take those players off our hands? Which clubs need a scrum half and/or a centre?
    Hull are pretty desperate for a half right now

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Would we be able to loan Morgan out due to visa issues? I know it's an issue for dual reg

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Interesting. Is one of Kelly, Sneyd out injured?

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Would we be able to loan Morgan out due to visa issues? I know it's an issue for dual reg
    Good point. Im not sure mate.

Interesting. Is one of Kelly, Sneyd out injured?

Both. Kelly for about 5 weeks and Sneyd for 10.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Having watched Salford last week against Leigh they are is desperate need of a half back

Wifnex are in need of anyone they can get, they've borrowed Kleinhorsr from Leeds to cover for an injury in the centres

In The West Stand

Both. Kelly for about 5 weeks and Sneyd for 10.
    They have just signed a young kid though from Doncaster whose a scrum half though, who will presumedly play alongside Connor, so I doubt they would be the ones who would take him off our hands. There would be plenty of takers I’m sure, but no one Smith hasn’t already turned down

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Makes no sense to stand him down for a random game this week just because he may be signing elsewhere. Unless of course he will be a coming effective immediately
    He's back in the squad this week - Fonua been dropped for turning up to training late.

Got A Replica Shirt

Pretty sure you can’t loan or dual reg an overseas player, I wouldn’t be desperate to let Morgan go anyway as he’s performing miles better these past 5/6 games than he has previously anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingy View Post
    Pretty sure you can’t loan or dual reg an overseas player, I wouldn’t be desperate to let Morgan go anyway as he’s performing miles better these past 5/6 games than he has previously anyway.
    Yeh he has been playing decent. But surely he’d be surplus to requirement if we signed Naigama??

Got A Season Ticket

He was the same last year and improved massively when the weather got better and grounds dried up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I much preferred being linked to fringe players from Widnes and Salford
    Ha ha. Joking apart, isn't it great that top quality players are coming to us? When and who was the last quality player to sign for that lot over the lump? I did hear, but don't know if it is true, that Warrington offered Barba more money than Saints but he chose us.

Fans of my age have grown use to us having "irons in the fire" then seeing quality players going elsewhere.

Also to have young British players like Bentley and Batchelor coming to us shows we are also looking 2-3 years down the line.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Why would we give one of our competitors a leg up?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    He was the same last year and improved massively when the weather got better and grounds dried up.
    A lot of people forget he had a very good second half of the season, same number of people remember the brain fart against Cas as his major contribution. He is very good player for us, what is going on with the red nose / permanent busted or Schmichael syndrome?

In The South Stand

that's my understanding also, trying to offload Morgan will send the wrong signals to Aussie players we may be looking at for the future, much better keeping the lad after all he is a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    I read on the NRL Rumours FB page that we are looking at getting him this season. I can't find a way to copy the link but here's the text copied:
    The latest rumours coming out of Wests Tigers is Kevin Naiqama has asked for an immediate release to take up a Super League offer. If the club approves his release, Curtis Rona may sign before the June 30 deadline and be available for this season.
    I’m sticking to my fantasy idea of him being unveiled on Saturday at MW.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    that's my understanding also, trying to offload Morgan will send the wrong signals to Aussie players we may be looking at for the future, much better keeping the lad after all he is a good player.
    On the flip side to this, he may have asked to be released (either now or at end of the season) for personal/family reasons. I personally don't think anything will happen until the end of the season.

There is no evidence as it stands to suggest we are "trying to offload" him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    A lot of people forget he had a very good second half of the season, same number of people remember the brain fart against Cas as his major contribution. He is very good player for us, what is going on with the red nose / permanent busted or Schmichael syndrome?
    Sadly that has always happened. Derek Noonan and Mark Elia at Wembley being examples

On the flip side to this, he may have asked to be released (either now or at end of the season) for personal/family reasons. I personally don't think anything will happen until the end of the season.
    There is no evidence as it stands to suggest we are "trying to offload" him.
    I agree. Nothing suggests Morgan will leave before seasons end. TBH he looks happier now than at any other time. He is also playing well. He scores tries that we tend to ignore. With the chance of winning something as well. If he leaves at the end of the season I will wish him well. If he was to stay I’m fine with that also.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I agree. Nothing suggests Morgan will leave before seasons end. TBH he looks happier now than at any other time. He is also playing well. He scores tries that we tend to ignore. With the chance of winning something as well. If he leaves at the end of the season I will wish him well. If he was to stay I’m fine with that also.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I am in no rush to see him leave; however Naiqama is a better player so if it was a choice between the two then I'd have no hesitation in saying Naiqama.

If Barba is going to leave then I'd rather keep throw big money at his replacement and keep Morgan than push Morgan out, bring in Naiqama and being left short at full back.