Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Clarke Bias

In The South Stand

Unhappy More Clarke Bias

What another awful show of bias by Phil Clarke last night. He was literally cheering Leigh on! If SKY expect to market the sport to a wider audience, then with such an abysmally biased pundit not even pretending he's neutral, they've no chance. He's been getting progressively worse this season but his outright show of support of Leigh last night was embarrassing. Then he goes on to say that his Dad held a position at the club many years ago! I really feel for any Salford fans who were watching (I know they're a rare breed!) as getting beaten was bad enough, but to have to listen to Clarke's skewed interpretation of events must have been hard to take. Come on SKY, get it together and at least make Clarke pretend to be unbiased!

Got A Season Ticket

Sky just get rid, he's just an idiot

Upside
    Non Members

I've seen people lord it over the Aussie commentators as they are enthusiastic. When someone over here is they are considered biased.

I'm not so sure any of them are biased, I think we read into it what we want and people like to be outraged. As people have decided they don't like the commentators they look for reasons to publicaaly slate them and be outraged.

I'd like to see a change as I think it needs a whole new refresh, it is stale, but I don't particularly dislike any of the commentators but do feel some have had their day,

Learning All The Songs

One of them can't complete a coherent sentence. Which is a pretty basic prerequisite for that job.

I have to agree Clarke is sooooo biased he was awful last week he was routing for Catalan and not hiding the fact.... i do think sky need to get their act together, i mean 4 ex wigan players all chatting s;”t.... it needs mixing up with guests who know the sport...
    LET THE GAME BEGIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learning All The Songs

It’s not even the bias, he just talks absolute rubbish about every team. It’s almost as if he has to find something to say because he loves his own voice but most of the time it ends up being crap. Can’t believe I’m saying this but the Catalans Vs Hull game? was much more listenable with Bill Arthur, Brian carney and Jon Wells on commentary. Mainly because all three weren’t getting the players names wrong and actually understood the rules.

Learning All The Songs

Biased - yes, annoying - only when biased against Saint's. I really don't mind them championing the underdog in a game as that what the majority of neutrals will be doing. Should they be more professional - definitely but I don't let it spoil the spectacle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I'm not so sure any of them are biased, ,

I think we could have predicted your reply.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I think we could have predicted your reply.

Well apologies if I don't join in the mob rule, I have my own opinion and don't need to follow everyone else

In The South Stand

Well apologies if I don't join in the mob rule, I have my own opinion and don't need to follow everyone else
    It's a forum and that's your opinion I don't ask anyone to follow me, it's just that it appears most agree with me on this point. No worries.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    It's a forum and that's your opinion I don't ask anyone to follow me, it's just that it appears most agree with me on this point. No worries.
    Most agree? A handful of replies on a saints forum and that's 'most' ....... laughable that mate

Clarke just talks nonsense and when he gets aggitated or excited he starts to sound like a child, arguing for the sake of arguing.

He is probably (rightly imo) annoyed at the fact that Tweedles Dee and Dumb are higher in the Sky Sports heirarchy despite being completely incapable of communicating whatever "information" they are trying to communicate to an unsuspecting sporting public. Therefore Clarke just starts to shout nonsense about tries scored in the month of may from within ones own 40 to make himself sound relevant.

Remember Clarke has been accused of being biased against us for over 20 years. He probably isn't, but considering he used to be quite a good second pundit after Stevo, who imo (can't believe I am saying this) has been missed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Most agree? A handful of replies on a saints forum and that's 'most' ....... laughable that mate
    Crikey, I was trying to be helpful, I'll just leave you to it pal. It's pretty obvious I meant most on this forum who've commented agree...............at least it is to anyone with any intelligence! I haven't made my views known to the wider world, since it probably wouldn't be interested. It's you who called it "mob rule" (mob means disorderly crowd, not a "handful", so you can't have it both ways. First you say it's a mob, then it's a handful!).Chill out buddy and wind your neck in.

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    One of them can't complete a coherent sentence. Which is a pretty basic prerequisite for that job.
    Now that's really got me guessing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    I have to agree Clarke is sooooo biased he was awful last week he was routing for Catalan and not hiding the fact.... i do think sky need to get their act together, i mean 4 ex wigan players all chatting s;”t.... it needs mixing up with guests who know the sport...
    Its the Goons old folks retirement home!! easy money spouting absolute s h ite

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Crikey, I was trying to be helpful, I'll just leave you to it pal. It's pretty obvious I meant most on this forum who've commented agree...............at least it is to anyone with any intelligence! I haven't made my views known to the wider world, since it probably wouldn't be interested. It's you who called it "mob rule" (mob means disorderly crowd, not a "handful", so you can't have it both ways. First you say it's a mob, then it's a handful!).Chill out buddy and wind your neck in.
    Mob rule comment was to another poster and meant generally due to the claim of guessing my comment.

Think we have lost the original point now, so no point continuing this line of discussion, will just descend into a point scoring exercise on both accounts let's just move on

In The South Stand

Mob rule comment was to another poster and meant generally due to the claim of guessing my comment.

Think we have lost the original point now, so no point continuing this line of discussion, will just descend into a point scoring exercise on both accounts let's just move on
    No problem.

I don't subscribe to the Clark Bias but he sounds devastated at the minute. Barely gave Barba any credit for his sweep up of the grubber or the try following. He sounds gutted.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I don't subscribe to the Clark Bias but he sounds devastated at the minute. Barely gave Barba any credit for his sweep up of the grubber or the try following. He sounds gutted.

I don’t hear it a lot of the time like others do, but today for me it’s excruciatingly apparent.

Upside
    Non Members

Clarke has given us plenty of credit, I think you are looking for something that isn't there in the hope of being outraged

Learning All The Songs

Apart from Wells the rest were just pathetic today. The Morgan try could easily have been a penalty try for sliding in with feet and knees but unlike the Peyroux incident it was only mentioned once.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

The Wigan mafia on sky is getting boring. Every incident what can we say to take away from saints.

Claiming tackles in the air, when feet are on the ground. Wanting penalty tries, when the man fell over from the lightest of touches and was moving away from the ball. Knees into Morgan and completely ignoring that. High shot on grace no multiple replays to encourage a sending off.

The whole team needs a rebalancing.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

With a bit of luck that's Carney gone.

Learning All The Songs

Clarke has given us plenty of credit, I think you are looking for something that isn't there in the hope of being outraged
    You must have been listening to a different game mate, it was horrendous.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    With a bit of luck that's Carney gone.
    Have I missed something, what’s Carney done?
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional