Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Kyle Eastmond

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    Difference is they'll be delighted Roberts is going home
    He played well when they beat Wigan in the cup tie.

In The South Stand

In The West Stand

They’ve heard Matty Smith is available and want to go all in

Buying back Sandow?

It’s their year!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

Interesting view on the situation.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/kyle-...deal-collapse/

Learning All The Songs

Surprise Surprise - uses negotiations with a league club to get bargaining chips / another offer in Union. His agent has played Warrington nicely.

At his age he has a few more years in Union left than he does league and at better money so why would he move

Also cant understand why Warrington would want to sign him as a marquee player. Can think of many other proven league players that would want to throw big money at

Learning All The Songs

I see it is still all about £££ for our Kyle. Never change.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by headtackle View Post
    Surprise Surprise - uses negotiations with a league club to get bargaining chips / another offer in Union. His agent has played Warrington nicely.

At his age he has a few more years in Union left than he does league and at better money so why would he move

Also cant understand why Warrington would want to sign him as a marquee player. Can think of many other proven league players that would want to throw big money at
    Was thinking the same putting money before any indication of loyalty to our game, wonder if Offiah is still his agent. If Warrington have been in negotiations then there judgement seems a bit off these last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Was thinking the same putting money before any indication of loyalty to our game, wonder if Offiah is still his agent. If Warrington have been in negotiations then there judgement seems a bit off these last couple of years.
    It’s his agents job to get him the best deal. If appearing on Celebrity Juice dressed as a piece of sweetcorn is the gig that pays the most, that’s the job he’d be taking!

He was young and immature at saints, I’m sure he’s embarrassed at how he behaved but he’s just a footnote now. Can’t kid have been a club legend, but chose the short cut.

Short career etc, can’t blame him for making the most of it now but when the dust settles, he’ll have his regrets.

Brass over class

Learning All The Songs

I don't blame him at all. Like you say its a short career, he hasn't got many years left of maximum earning power and there are only so many coaching and media jobs for ex players.

I always compare the way he left with the way James Graham left. Graham was straight about his ambitions, gave his all and left with everyones good wishes and would be welcome back. Kyle chose a different tactic and am sure with the benefit of hindsight regrets some of what he did.

If he had stayed am not entirely convinced he would have been a superstar. He showed glimpses of what he could do but in his time with us had a worrying tendancy to get injured. Who knows

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    Not really followed his career since he left Saints. I'd imagine he could prolong his career and earning potential by staying in Union. Think he could have been a very good RL player if he'd stayed at it and kept his feet on the ground. As others have said - think that ship has sailed now
    I said this much earlier in the thread. I don't see much sense in him returning to league if he can get a gig in Union. He's likely to get paid more and last longer in Union. The only reason for coming back to League would be if he got a better deal or that he wanted another crack at the sport where he started as a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by headtackle View Post
    I don't blame him at all. Like you say its a short career, he hasn't got many years left of maximum earning power and there are only so many coaching and media jobs for ex players.

I always compare the way he left with the way James Graham left. Graham was straight about his ambitions, gave his all and left with everyones good wishes and would be welcome back. Kyle chose a different tactic and am sure with the benefit of hindsight regrets some of what he did.

If he had stayed am not entirely convinced he would have been a superstar. He showed glimpses of what he could do but in his time with us had a worrying tendancy to get injured. Who knows
    Who knows indeed!

Good point about Jammer

Graham is and always be a legend.

Class and brass!!!!

Got A Season Ticket

Signed for Leicester Tigers.

Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar

Great agent work
    This wonderful St. Helens OUTFIT

Learning All The Songs

Longy could've stayed at Saints if Eastmond hadn't been viewed as the future. The way that panned out is the reason I would never want Eastmond back at Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Longy could've stayed at Saints if Eastmond hadn't been viewed as the future. The way that panned out is the reason I would never want Eastmond back at Saints.
    I think Long was done by the time he left. What really killed us was getting both his and Jammer's replacements so desperately wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think Long was done by the time he left. What really killed us was getting both his and Jammer's replacements so desperately wrong.
    Agreed.
    To be fair, Graham and Eastmond were pretty tough to replace, but Hohaia and Laffranchi were poor efforts IMO.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Agreed.
    To be fair, Graham and Eastmond were pretty tough to replace, but Hohaia and Laffranchi were poor efforts IMO.
    Especially as our recent prop recruits from the NRL had been good (with a couple of inspired signings). I also think Laffranchi's deficiencies were amplified by the abject failure of Josh Perry (Laffranchi wasn't poor, exactly, just too much of an average plodder)

It might be argued that he was still good enough to lead Hull to victory against us in the first game of the next season (I say might as the fog didn’t really allow me to see most of the game). At last night’s forum, Long mentioned his non-retention at Saints being down to the club’s desire to invest in the future, and thus seeing Eastmond as the best way forward. He also said that his desire to return to Saints as a coach meant that he’d have been happy to just clean boots but it was clear that he wasn’t happy with being given the defensive coach duties under KC.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    It might be argued that he was still good enough to lead Hull to victory against us in the first game of the next season (I say might as the fog didn’t really allow me to see most of the game). At last night’s forum, Long mentioned his non-retention at Saints being down to the club’s desire to invest in the future, and thus seeing Eastmond as the best way forward. He also said that his desire to return to Saints as a coach meant that he’d have been happy to just clean boots but it was clear that he wasn’t happy with being given the defensive coach duties under KC.
    I always wondered what Longy thought of doing the defence, seeing as he wasn't keen on it as a player, though his defence did improve a lot in the latter half of his career. I still think Longy was the best I have seen at getting a ball running toward one touchline, and when it looked like he was in trouble being able to reverse it and go the other way until a gap appeared, either for himself or the likes of Scully Gilmour etc. I still don't think Eastmond had he stayed, would ever have been a Long.

Default Kyle Eastmond

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco
    I think he was pretty poor for Hull in the main, and his last couple of seasons for us were pretty ropey, as I remember them. I think it was the right time to move on, and Eastmond was the obvious successor. It's a shame that Kyle chose to leave, but these things happen. The first bad decision the club made on this matter - and it was a shocker - was signing Hohaia as our main halfback on a long term contract. We panicked instead of holding on for someone who was equipped for the job.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

I think he was pretty poor for Hull in the main, and his last couple of seasons for us were pretty ropey, as I remember them. I think it was the right time to move on, and Eastmond was the obvious successor. It's a shame that Kyle chose to leave, but these things happen. The first bad decision the club made on this matter - and it was a shocker - was signing Hohaia as our main halfback on a long term contract. We panicked instead of holding on for someone who was equipped for the job.
    Could be argued he won us a grand final?

Cringing in corner ‘just saying’