Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Benny Barba

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    My gut feeling he will see out his contract he's looks really settled and happy, if I was the club I would get his parents over here for 3 weeks on an all paid holiday, thats what Barba is missing at the moment, sometimes its not all about money.
    Good idea. Has anyone mentioned it to the club? If they're not prepared to do it, would fans be willing to chip in donations to make it happen, given all the posts here are so positive towards wanting him to stay?

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scots saint View Post
    Good idea. Has anyone mentioned it to the club? If they're not prepared to do it, would fans be willing to chip in donations to make it happen, given all the posts here are so positive towards wanting him to stay?
    Could go the other way and him and the kids realise how much they miss the extended family and want to go home asap

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Could go the other way and him and the kids realise how much they miss the extended family and want to go home asap
    True... bring them across for a year (or two) then ; )

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Perhaps we should all start singing this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikJony6h_tQ

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

REDVEE UPDATE: The Front Row - An Open Letter to Ben Barba http://www.redvee.net/the-front-row-...-to-ben-barba/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    REDVEE UPDATE: The Front Row - An Open Letter to Ben Barba http://www.redvee.net/the-front-row-...-to-ben-barba/

100% spot on Dave all Saints fans Echo this

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    100% spot on Dave all Saints fans Echo this
    Can’t take credit for the article... it’s Kev Penders article! (KP on here)

@RedveeDotNet

Starting A Programme Collection Dr Channard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post

Hear, hear to every word of that!! Thanks for putting so elocuantly into words what each and every Saints fan must be thinking Kev!

Anyone else ever so slightly worried about the fact that we’re being linked with an immediate move for Naiqama just after Barba’s reported suitors Cronulla have released Trent Hodkinson with immediate effect?

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Anyone else ever so slightly worried about the fact that we’re being linked with an immediate move for Naiqama just after Barba’s reported suitors Cronulla have released Trent Hodkinson with immediate effect?
    Not really.
    Hodkinson can’t get in the Sharks team and Manly have well documented their halfback issues especially with the youngster Hastings.

I think Barba will go back at the end of the season but he won’t go before.
    Naiqama can’t be seen as a replacement for Barba. It’ll be a similar situation to Laffranchi replacing Graham except Laffranchi had played at the top level for much longer than Naiqama has.
    Last edited by reliable sauce; 16th May 2018 at 09:20.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by scots saint View Post
    What about a free flight home every six weeks for his whole family?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    No. The thought of him leaving before the end of the season hasn't crossed my mind.

In fact, if the last we see of him isn't doing laps of Old Trafford with a big grin on his face I'll be amazed
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

He seems happy and settled it's only the press who are suggesting he is going home. We have looked after him I hope he looks after us and if he wants to go home after another year he can go with our blessing.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

After seeing Barba in the NRL I knew he would be a success over here, although he has far surpassed my expectations. But it could have gone the other way if Barbas head was in the wrong place. He will get offered silly money to go back home in comparison to what Saint's could offer him but I guess money isn't everything with some people & being in the right place has worked wonders with Barba so only time will tell. I genuinely believe him when he says his decision hasn't been made yet & feel some silverware may be the deciding factor in persuading him to stay next year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

A few of the Ozzy websites seem confident that Barba will be back home soon enough. To be fair though they have been saying similar ever since we signed him.
    It will always rile me that his ban was transferred over to super league. Had he signed for Leeds or Wigan i reckon the RFL would have ignored the ban as it was clearly stated as ‘a ban from playing NRL rugby’. If he still had that 12 matches hanging over his head NRL clubs wouldn’t be quite as keen to take him back. The NRL didn’t want him but they can’t stand to see him benefitting the British game. W***ers.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    A few of the Ozzy websites seem confident that Barba will be back home soon enough. To be fair though they have been saying similar ever since we signed him.
    It will always rile me that his ban was transferred over to super league. Had he signed for Leeds or Wigan i reckon the RFL would have ignored the ban as it was clearly stated as ‘a ban from playing NRL rugby’. If he still had that 12 matches hanging over his head NRL clubs wouldn’t be quite as keen to take him back. The NRL didn’t want him but they can’t stand to see him benefitting the British game. W***ers.
    To be fair, all of the current rumours seem to have been started from here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...ca3f0cf8240201 It seems to be yet another commentator guessing rather than anything tangible.

How do NRL clubs ever get anything done? The fishbowl of constant speculation is intolerable!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    To be fair, all of the current rumours seem to have been started from here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...ca3f0cf8240201 It seems to be yet another commentator guessing rather than anything tangible.

How do NRL clubs ever get anything done? The fishbowl of constant speculation is intolerable!
    A lot of if's and maybe's there!!
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post

Yeh i agree. Personally, i think its highly likely he will cut short his stay and be back in the NRL for 2019. If he helps us win some trophies i won’t mind. It will be a sad day but if his family want to go home then you can’t blame him.
    If he left over the next few weeks (which i don’t think he will) i would be pretty disappointed to say the least.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    A lot of if's and maybe's there!!
    I found it somewhat surprising they spoke to Tommy M - but its basically gone from one commentator speculating that Naiqama could be Barba's replacement (which I dont know about others, but one way or another, I am confident he isn't...) to it being a swap deal done and dusted in 30 seconds flat.

If Barba goes to St.George, Jammer might come back - If you can't beat them ...

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    No. The thought of him leaving before the end of the season hasn't crossed my mind.

In fact, if the last we see of him isn't doing laps of Old Trafford with a big grin on his face I'll be amazed
    He has constantly said that he won’t make a decision until the end of the season, or words to that effect. An early departure hasn’t crossed my mind either. I think he’s personally happy here and I hope he stays on. The smile suggests he is enjoying life.

Starting A Programme Collection

Don't think anything has really changed since this at the start of the year. It's been a great year for Benny so far and he really seems to be enjoying his time. He's consistently made reassurances he'll be here for this season and if he stays for the full contract on this form - then we'll be treated to even more entertainment. At the end of the day it's up to him - and I'm sure the club will be doing everything they can to keep him here - as they did fantastically well to get him sign for Saints in the first place.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    Don't think anything has really changed since this at the start of the year. It's been a great year for Benny so far and he really seems to be enjoying his time. He's consistently made reassurances he'll be here for this season and if he stays for the full contract on this form - then we'll be treated to even more entertainment. At the end of the day it's up to him - and I'm sure the club will be doing everything they can to keep him here - as they did fantastically well to get him sign for Saints in the first place.
    Well said, if he leaves, he leaves. I’ve recovered my faith in the club and how it is managed now. It can only be his choice but I’m sure they are working hard to keep him. If he leaves I’m sure we will continue to improve after the low period this time last year

Yeh i agree. Personally, i think its highly likely he will cut short his stay and be back in the NRL for 2019. If he helps us win some trophies i won’t mind. It will be a sad day but if his family want to go home then you can’t blame him.
    If he left over the next few weeks (which i don’t think he will) i would be pretty disappointed to say the least.
    My understanding is that his family are happy here

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    My understanding is that his family are happy here
    I hope so Ralph, mate. That could be the deciding factor. The aussies will likely offer him more money than Saints but that doesn’t mean everything, especially when you consider the cost of living down under.
    His house over here is no doubt sorted by the club, so everything he makes is bank. Plus he gets mini breaks away with his family that he wouldn’t get in the NRL. He said himself that his recent trip to Portugal wouldn’t happen if he was in the NRL.
    Also, he seems to enjoy being out of the spotlight playing in Super League. Its not like Australia where is every move is monitored by the media.

In The West Stand

I hope so Ralph, mate. That could be the deciding factor. The aussies will likely offer him more money than Saints but that doesn’t mean everything, especially when you consider the cost of living down under.
    His house over here is no doubt sorted by the club, so everything he makes is bank. Plus he gets mini breaks away with his family that he wouldn’t get in the NRL. He said himself that his recent trip to Portugal wouldn’t happen if he was in the NRL.
    Also, he seems to enjoy being out of the spotlight playing in Super League. Its not like Australia where is every move is monitored by the media.
    As I understand it, it’s missing his wider family and parents that are the big drive to moving back to Aus. I think if they were over hear there wouldn’t be a doubt in his mind about staying - it was one of the things that was always rumoured to have stopped him hitting the heights at Brisbane.