Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Luke Walsh

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Default Luke Walsh

I understand he has been forced to retire due to injury. Tough luck on him.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I understand he has been forced to retire due to injury. Tough luck on him.
    Sad to hear that.

He was so unlucky to suffer the broken leg when with us and was never the same player after that. Prior to that all the signs were there that we had a real gem.

Best of luck to him for the future

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Pity we didn’t get more game time out of him smart player with good vision.

Didn’t like the way he left us though, saying he was leaving us and going back to OZ then the next minute he signed for the Catalans.

Wish him well for the future, it’s a short playing career in our sport, wonder if he will go into assistant coaching.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Pity we didn’t get more game time out of him smart player with good vision.

Didn’t like the way he left us though, saying he was leaving us and going back to OZ then the next minute he signed for the Catalans.

Wish him well for the future, it’s a short playing career in our sport, wonder if he will go into assistant coaching.
    He was heading to Manly but the deal fell through and he could only get a back up/short term injury deal with Cronulla I think it was.
    Matty Smith had already signed when the deal with Manly was cancelled ( I think the medical records were not favorable ) he then got an offer from Catalan that he quite rightly took. Manly medics possibly proven correct ? Came in for criticism from plenty of Saints fans did very well to get back on the pitch with such an horrific leg/ankle break.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Sad to hear that.

He was so unlucky to suffer the broken leg when with us and was never the same player after that. Prior to that all the signs were there that we had a real gem.

What you’ve said. I hope for both him and his family that he settles into a new career.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    He was heading to Manly but the deal fell through and he could only get a back up/short term injury deal with Cronulla I think it was.
    Matty Smith had already signed when the deal with Manly was cancelled ( I think the medical records were not favorable ) he then got an offer from Catalan that he quite rightly took. Manly medics possibly proven correct ? Came in for criticism from plenty of Saints fans did very well to get back on the pitch with such an horrific leg/ankle break.
    Didn,t realise that, think I must have been side tracked waiting for our No 7 “top secret signing”.

Bad news for the lad, sad to go out that way. I wish him all the best for the future.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/en/ar...ced-to-retire/

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Sad to hear that.

Mirrors my thoughts. I felt sorry for him at times with the tactics under KC.

Banned

Sad to hear that.

Sums it up.

Was superb when he first joined us, a favourite for the MoS. Then came his horrific leg break.

Best of luck for the future, Walshy.

Never really recovered from what was a bad injury.
    Wish him well.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Seemed like a smart player and imagine he has the makings of a good coach. Whatever he chooses to do, I wish him well. Having to retire at 30 isn't ideal by any means.

Learning All The Songs

Was nailed on MOS in his first season before his horrendous injury, best of luck for the future Luke

Learning All The Songs

Sad news. Top player. If only he'd stayed fit.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Sad news indeed.

His debut against Warrington highlighted his qualities perfectly and I would actually say it was one of the most flawless performances I have seen for such an occasion.
    https://youtu.be/vTlo3Gl1RKQ

I believe Catalan have signed Josh Drinkwater as his replacement.

Regards,

STEVO

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Sad news indeed.

His debut against Warrington highlighted his qualities perfectly and I would actually say it was one of the most flawless performances I have seen for such an occasion.
    https://youtu.be/vTlo3Gl1RKQ

I believe Catalan have signed Josh Drinkwater as his replacement.

Regards,

STEVO
    True. I remember thinking we'd got a very good player and Walsh looked very good in his first season. After his injury he never recaptured that form.

Barba in his first match this season felt like a flawless performance too. Okay not his debut for Saints (though as good as - since he obviously wasn't fully fit last season during his cameo). Barba already put in many classy performances this season - lets hope he can go all the way and win the MOS along with a few trophies : )

As for Luke Walsh - hope he gets an opportunity within Rugby somewhere.

Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar

Classy as they get on his day

Shame as it’s a young age and he could have stayed top flight for 3/4 more seasons at least as he’s never been the quickest so couldn’t see age stopping him and forcing him to go down to lower grades
    This wonderful St. Helens OUTFIT

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

It's never good when a player is forced to retire. Good luck for the future Luke Walsh

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

Good luck Luke. Horrendous injury and never the same again. He must have been bored rigid doing scissors balls all day under kc. It really annoyed me when he got stick for being a coward. He was heroic to even take to the field at any level after that injury. His confidence would have been shot. All the best. That first game away at Warrington was special.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sad news, hope he stays in the game in some capacity. Always felt that we wasted his talent at Saints, especially towards the back end of his time here, would have liked to have seen him under a good coach

Very unlucky player really liked the bloke at Saints but never the same player after that horrific injury. Wish him well for the future.
    On a side note was very disappointed that we turned down Catalans offer to sign Matty Smith on loan. IMO it would benefit both clubs

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Cracking player. He commanded the pack very well and had a brilliant rugby mind. Was at the game when it happened. Felt terrible for him as it was just a freak accident. (Well, normal service for Saints players )

Would like to see him coaching some day. Think he has the knowledge and attitude to do it.

Had the chance to meet him. Was nice enough to take a photo with me even though he was out with friends and family

P.s I waited for him to be finished and be making his way out the door before I asked.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

I always wonder how he would have gone under Holbrook. All the best Luke

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022