Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saints 40 York 0 women teams

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Default Saints 40 York 0 women teams

Some nice try’s scored by them, looked good at passing skills. Highlights on YouTube.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Hope the two players whose separate hospitilisations caused the game to be abandoned make a speedy recovery.

Looking forward to the Wigan-Saints derby after we beat Feath 54-0 in our opening match.

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Hope the two players whose separate hospitilisations caused the game to be abandoned make a speedy recovery.

Looking forward to the Wigan-Saints derby after we beat Feath 54-0 in our opening match.
    I think we play Featherstone just before we play your lot.

Upside
    Non Members

I'm glad this has now kicked off. It's a very positive step for rugby league, we are quite unique as much of our supporter base is female compared to other sports.

When we want to widen participation, exposure, advertising opportunities and general interest I think this is long overdue.

I hope it's a huge success, I'm sure it will be, crowds were decent at thatto Heath, I'm hoping they grow this and they can get into the high hundreds eventually

WARNING! PIE EATER!

There's usually a decent turn out for the Wigan-Saints academy matches. I think they got going on for 800 at Orrell once. Hopefully the women's derby will get a similar crowd.

St Helens second-rower Chloe Richardson adds to this in todays Guardian. Great start for the Saints women.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/no...bradford-leeds

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    St Helens second-rower Chloe Richardson adds to this in todays Guardian. Great start for the Saints women.

Good article. Interesting to see that the Bradford men's game was the curtain-raiser for the women!

Women's sport is becoming big news at the moment and the RFL need to capitalise on that. To be fair, they have made a good start and I hope the promotion and publicity continues.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post

Good article. Nice to see someone in a national newspaper say what they think about SKY; though it won't change anything.

Only just realised the Saints Ladies have walloped the experienced Bulls by 42 points to 4 points.

Would be great if we could see them them play at the stadium before the first team game.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Only just realised the Saints Ladies have walloped the experienced Bulls by 42 points to 4 points.

Would be great if we could see them them play at the stadium before the first team game.
    Agreed, or even on a Saturday afternoon say - I’m sure a few would have a wander down on a nice day in the summer

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

For anyone who watches the Redvee preview/review shows we cover them in that too.

The Women are at home this weekend v Fev, 2:30 kick off at Thatto Heath

@RedveeDotNet

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post

The girls would love to, the problem is most of Saints home games kick off at 7.45 on Friday meaning the girls would have to kick off at about 5pm in order to leave time for the men warm up for their game.

However the girls are not professionals, the majority have jobs so that would mean time off work, the opposition team would all have to get at least a half day off work to get over for the game.
    Add to that some of them have homes to run and kids to pick up from school, academy lads don't have those problems

A lot of the girls work Saturdays too as Sunday is the day the women's games are usually played, so any Saturday game would have to be planned well in advance.

I don't know if there is a workable solution it's kind of like 1895 and broken time payments 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitoh View Post
    The girls would love to, the problem is most of Saints home games kick off at 7.45 on Friday meaning the girls would have to kick off at about 5pm in order to leave time for the men warm up for their game.

However the girls are not professionals, the majority have jobs so that would mean time off work, the opposition team would all have to get at least a half day off work to get over for the game.
    Add to that some of them have homes to run and kids to pick up from school, academy lads don't have those problems

A lot of the girls work Saturdays too as Sunday is the day the women's games are usually played, so any Saturday game would have to be planned well in advance.

I don't know if there is a workable solution it's kind of like 1895 and broken time payments ��
    If it looks as though the ladies are going to be the real deal then perhaps the club could look at next season in creating our own magic weekend (Sunday all afternoon” with 3 games Academy, Ladies and first team.

If Catalan survive then that next season fixture could mean opening up the East Stand on a cheaper ticket for kids and females etc. That would be a really great community venture and I should imagine the academy and ladies teams would be playing to a lot more fans than the norm.