Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: First round of games

Learning All The Songs

Default First round of games

I suppose we would have settled for 9 wins from 11 before the season started. The next round of 11 has easier home games but some tough trips to Leeds, Wigan , Cas and Hull. 9 wins from the next 11( excluding Magic Weekend)will be very creditable

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    I suppose we would have settled for 9 wins from 11 before the season started. The next round of 11 has easier home games but some tough trips to Leeds, Wigan , Cas and Hull. 9 wins from the next 11( excluding Magic Weekend)will be very creditable
    Without tempting fate we seem to have an easier fixture at the Magic Weekend whilst the other top teams have ‘4 pointers”. Our last 3 games will be tough but I should imagine we will be assured of top 4 by then.

It will be injuries and game bans that can undo the good work that’s been done so far, so it’s important that we win at least 3 out of our next 4, whilst the other top teams play each other.

^

Agreed.

We were never going through the season unbeaten, and after taking 6 points over Easter, I’m “happier” we lost to Wakefield than either Wigan or Hull based on the likely top 4 at the end of the season.

I’m more peeved (still!) at the Leeds loss when we seemed to be waiting for a boost that never came.

Still, 9 from 11 is top of the tree and we can’t get any higher than 1st.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

We should, in all honesty, be 11 from 11.

We're clearly the best side in the competition when on form, and I just hope we don't blow it, like with did for about 3 of the GF's against lucky Leeds after being by far the better side through the season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Without tempting fate we seem to have an easier fixture at the Magic Weekend whilst the other top teams have ‘4 pointers”. Our last 3 games will be tough but I should imagine we will be assured of top 4 by then.

It will be injuries and game bans that can undo the good work that’s been done so far, so it’s important that we win at least 3 out of our next 4, whilst the other top teams play each other.
    We should really be winning all of the next 4 if we are a serious top 2 side. Hudds and Catalans home, Salford away and Widnes at Magic should all be wins.

In fact from our next 9 games, we "should" win them all on paper apart from the Leeds and Cas away games which will be tough, but far from impossible. We then have 3 tough games to finish off the regular season - Hull and Wigan away and Warrington at home.

We should really be looking to get a minimum of 9 wins from the next 12 before the Super 8's which would give us 36 points and put us in a great position in the top 2. (In each of the last 3 years, 34 points would be enough for top 2 before the split)

We need to go all out for that in my opinion, as it's been 3 away semi final defeats on the bounce now due to us finishing 4th. We need to get that home semi.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS