Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lomax

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Not sure about common denominator because I don't think Richardson has been playing well. I just think it's going to take time for them to learn their positions, the more they play there the easier it will be. Going from reserves to SL is a big jump, going from full back to stand off every week is a big jump but I think they'll both find consistency in time. They've both been impressive at times.

I 100% agree about your last point. It's easy to pick out and target both of them near the try line because of how we attack.
    Yes I agree, we are only 6 games in and opposition teams are getting there act together. Lomax and Richardson have done well over the first 3 games but lately it seems the opposition are finding a way to limit creative space more to Lomax than Richardson and hence limiting the service to Barba.

The worse thing that can happen is for Holbrook to start thinking again what is the best half back combination, in my opinion needs to modify his game plan to maintain composure when things go wrong.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    For me Lomax has been pretty good before this game. When you are one of the key players trying to create an opening sometimes it goes wrong, this time several things went wrong and you end up having a stinker. The last thing I want is for Lomax to go into his shell and all of a sudden we play safety first rugby. A week is a long time in rugby so I hope it does not get to him too much.
    I thought Holbrook was totally honest in his summing up. For me you could play that match again and if they all turned up we would win nine times out of ten. So many poor performances and poor ball retention.
    I agree. One of Lomax's strengths' is his brain and he understands that the ball can't always go out the back to Barba as tempting as I'm sure it is to get the ball in the hands of your most potent attacking weapon as much as possible. Lomax has to take on the line, but the trouble is Lomax's best asset is his passing- he isn't an evasive runner like the other stand off on the field Joel Moon, who always impresses me.

A bad day at the office (for most, not just Lomax) against the Rhinos. I would still pick him at 6 in the next game against HKR. But Fages needs to be in the 17 and putting pressure on him.

Regards,

STEVO

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

5/6 stop whining and just get on with it. Lesson learned.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

No point in targeting Lomax, most of the team were pretty dire from the 41st minute onwards on Friday.

Outstanding this Season and has been duly rewarded with a Testimonial.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...al/?ref=twtrec

Well done Jonny lad.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post

Well done Jonny lad.
    Excellent news, very well deserved

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post

Well done Jonny lad.
    Well deserved.