Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lomax

Default Lomax

Lomax has been absolutely shocking tonight! Dropping balls and his passing has been p!$$ poor! He's blown at least 3 overlaps by cutting back inside or not passing!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by cardiffboi View Post
    Lomax has been absolutely shocking tonight! Dropping balls and his passing has been •••• poor
    You can't call lomax on here

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cardiffboi View Post
    Lomax has been absolutely shocking tonight! Dropping balls and his passing has been •••• poor
    I agree he's had an absolute stinker but he's not alone. One to forget

Learning All The Songs

Shite tonight but played well in the other 5 games so far this season.
    Forget this week and into the next one.

In The South Stand

Lomax our go to play on our left, let us down badly tonight, passing atrocious, not on his own though, could easily loose the next two games on that form.

Learning All The Songs

Should be dropped for that performance. What's more annoying is Holbrook refused to take hin off and instead took off Fages who was playing well.

Bad game from Lomax, even worse decision from the coach

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    Should be dropped for that performance. What's more annoying is Holbrook refused to take hin off and instead took off Fages who was playing well.

In my opinion that's probably Holbrooks biggest shortcoming

Learning All The Songs

Lomax was awful, his pass selection at times is so poor and he couldn’t keep hold of it tonight. But please tell me what Fages did that classed as ‘playing well’ and don’t say he tackled well or words to that effect.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Lomax had an awful game, he was so greedy with the ball.
    I don’t think Fages was or has been playing particularly well though something different but would rather have Lomax out there.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

He had a shocker tonight but he's linked up well with Barba on the left. Played well in the previous 5. Just an off night from the lads

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Just got back to comment on Lomax but everybody has beat me to it, Lomax and his decision making was shocking making Barba very ineffective. As someone as already mentioned Fages was going OK and was making the better plays but Holbrook dropped a clanger by taking him off and leaving Lomax on. Thompson also had a bit of a nightmare in the second half and LMS didn't really put in a shift when it was needed.

Worst game I’ve seen him have for us I reckon. Made a lot of poor decisions and put out some awful passes. I’m not convinced by him as a stand off still. I’m not sure what he offers there above what Smith or Fages would. The ball stopped with him far too much

You cannot pin this one on him, not great I admit, but there were a few on that team tonight who did not show up.

Pretty much everything went wrong for him tonight. But he’s been good so far this year and we can put that down as ‘one of those’, I think. The good thing about the depth we have in the halves is that if he plays like that again then Fages is there to step in.

Starting A Programme Collection paulx2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    He had a shocker tonight but he's linked up well with Barba on the left. Played well in the previous 5. Just an off night from the lads

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Agree.........5/6 totally disgraceful???

I was under the impression reading this forum last season that this club would take 6 or 7 years to rebuild after KC.

3 months after changing the coach and we were 10 seconds from the grand final in the very same season........5/6 at the start of this season........lose a game and it's " he's s**t and he's s**t and he hasn't got a clue........blah blah blah."

I wish people would get a grip. We've just lost to the "champions" we had an off night and the coach called it as it was.

All part of the journey to the Grand Final.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

I think you could say the majority of players had an off night, I think they were guilty of looking at the Leeds team sheet before the game and thinking it was going to be an easy night. That said, the player I was most frustrated with was Lomax, have to agree. His pass selection was poor, decision making poor, kept hold of the ball far too many times when we had numbers and the least said about that pass to Taia when the game was in the balance, the better. Hopefully it was a shot across the bows for the coaches and players going forward, I’d rather them find that out now during the weekly rounds than in a big game with something on the line.

Special mention to Luke Douglas, the guy just doesn’t look interested to me.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

A few players had off nights last night, and yes, Lomax was one of them.
    Poor game management and a good dose of naivity too at times.
    Still, 5 out of 6 is a good start, hopefully we've got a bad performance out of the way before Good Friday.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by paulx2 View Post
    Agree.........5/6 totally disgraceful???

I was under the impression reading this forum last season that this club would take 6 or 7 years to rebuild after KC.

3 months after changing the coach and we were 10 seconds from the grand final in the very same season........5/6 at the start of this season........lose a game and it's " he's s**t and he's s**t and he hasn't got a clue........blah blah blah."

I wish people would get a grip. We've just lost to the "champions" we had an off night and the coach called it as it was.

All part of the journey to the Grand Final.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Spot on pal.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Pretty much everything went wrong for him tonight. But he’s been good so far this year and we can put that down as ‘one of those’, I think. The good thing about the depth we have in the halves is that if he plays like that again then Fages is there to step in.
    Errors from most players tonight, Johnny misread an overlap last week Ben referenced it at the screen he said "being the nice guy he apologised" he misread three or four in this game, I would say Johnny spent most of last night saying "sorry", Last time he played in the halves he started to misread plays, perhaps it is not his natural position, his defensive reads were good though. Wa shall see in the next few games whether the coach plays Theo as starter.

Upside
    Non Members

Lomax made several mistakes and wasn't on his own. We played well for 55 minutes and then Leeds punished our mistakes like good teams do. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water, one loss, go away and work on the errros not drop half the team.

The boss has got so much right, think it's harsh to question him now over his choice of substitutions

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Bad game but let's not hang him just yet. I think last night was a reality check. I said in the week we were bound to loose one or two sooner or later.

Leeds are a top outfit and well drilled. Defensively I thought we looked decent, but the more the game went on the more those mistakes marched us down the field.

A bad pass on their line and it's opportunity missed. Bad pass in our half on the second tackle and it's pressure on.

Lomax had a shocker, but it would take a few of those to think about dropping him. One game does not undo all the progress we have made since cunningham left.

Got A Season Ticket

Really like Lomax but last night was a bad night for him, I'm not convinced he is England standard currently?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Bad game but let's not hang him just yet. I think last night was a reality check. I said in the week we were bound to loose one or two sooner or later.

Leeds are a top outfit and well drilled. Defensively I thought we looked decent, but the more the game went on the more those mistakes marched us down the field.

A bad pass on their line and it's opportunity missed. Bad pass in our half on the second tackle and it's pressure on.

Lomax had a shocker, but it would take a few of those to think about dropping him. One game does not undo all the progress we have made since cunningham left.
    It was more or less what Holbrook stated in his pre match review as seeing Leeds as a real test where we are, as you mentioned Leeds are well drilled and it didn't matter how many big men they had missing as it was still 17 determined Leeds players.

For us it was not only Lomax who was below par, in the pack there was only Roby, Taia and at a push Douglas who were up to the task. Thompson was an odd one playing great in the first half and completely error prone in the second half. Obviously Lomax being very much a pivotal player will receive the most criticism, test of character for him next week.

Hull KR next week won't be as well drilled as Leeds but if we produce another very low completion rate then its going to be another hard day at the office.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Lomax made several mistakes and wasn't on his own. We played well for 55 minutes and then Leeds punished our mistakes like good teams do. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water, one loss, go away and work on the errros not drop half the team.

The boss has got so much right, think it's harsh to question him now over his choice of substitutions
    I think he’s trying a bit too hard and over thinking things. Because of the way we attack as well, he’s always at second receiver within the 20 and as a result, he’s easy to pressurise and shut down. Leeds did that quite well last night. It’s going to take him some time to adjust to being back in the halves though, much less space than at full back.

Been very good eerily though, had a shocker last night, potentially the worst of his career but like the team hopefully back to his best next week.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    I think he’s trying a bit too hard and over thinking things. Because of the way we attack as well, he’s always at second receiver within the 20 and as a result, he’s easy to pressurise and shut down. Leeds did that quite well last night. It’s going to take him some time to adjust to being back in the halves though, much less space than at full back.

Been very good eerily though, had a shocker last night, potentially the worst of his career but like the team hopefully back to his best next week.

Yes I agree, a couple of times he seemed to worry about making a decision and got caught in two minds, you make one mistake it plays on your kind. He looks best when playing on instinct.
    Leeds are so consistent, I thought we had them but one error and they punished us, then you try harder and make it worse, Leeds are good at making you pay.

It shows how expectations have grown