Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmsley

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I would think it would depend on his mindset, prior to KC he would quite often play above his size and weight, that was the reason we signed him in the first place. We all know he is capabable of offering more, Holbrook is smart I think he will encourage him and Douglas to be in the right frame of mind in a similar way how Peyroux is showing “the animal” in him.
    I also think Holbrook is smart enough to recognise that neither Amor not Douglas is a Walmsley MkII and, therefore, he will have Saints playing a slightly different tactical game. In much the same way that he didn’t try last week to get Lees, Peyroux or Taia trying to replace the way Wilkin or Knowles fit in.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I also think Holbrook is smart enough to recognise that neither Amor not Douglas is a Walmsley MkII and, therefore, he will have Saints playing a slightly different tactical game. In much the same way that he didn’t try last week to get Lees, Peyroux or Taia trying to replace the way Wilkin or Knowles fit in.
    That’s the way I,m seeing it, the days of the KC blinkered inflexible approach have passed, Holbrook will just re tune towards the cards he is being dealt with. Without tempting fate it will be interesting to see how he tackles an injury crisis, meanwhile the confidence in the team at the moment is still high.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Fair comment but one bad World Cup doesn’t define a player. This time last year when Salford were going well in the league Kopcjak was running the ball strong and scoring quite a few trys. We just need a strong ball runner, even if he only plays 15 minutes of each half. A big unit who draws defenders.

I don’t know if the standard of props has declined in recent years or maybe the role of prop has changed a bit but these sorts of props seem few and far between these days. I’d give my left nut for a Nick Fozzard right now. No sidestep, no looking for the deck, just strong running, all knees and elbows, no regard for his head.
    Perhaps I was a little harsh on him, but what bothered me about his performance in the WC was that he seemed to quit once things got difficult for Wales. That’s the last thing you want from a front-rower (especially one that’s named captain).

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    But that 'effernon cow bell
    Annoying wasn’t it. I nearly googled “budget snipers, Huddersfield” at one point.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    Annoying wasn’t it. I nearly googled “budget snipers, Huddersfield” at one point.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Missed him tonight

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Missed him tonight
    This

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Learning All The Songs

Not a coincidence that he gets injured and it goes to sh!t. From what I’ve heard Walmsleys going to be out for a while, we HAVE to sign a prop. Douglas is one of the worst players I’ve seen, Amor equally as pathetic and Lees was rubbish as well. If Walmsleys injury is as bad as feared and we don’t sign a prop then we’ll win nothing this year.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Not a coincidence that he gets injured and it goes to sh!t. From what I’ve heard Walmsleys going to be out for a while, we HAVE to sign a prop. Douglas is one of the worst players I’ve seen, Amor equally as pathetic and Lees was rubbish as well. If Walmsleys injury is as bad as feared and we don’t sign a prop then we’ll win nothing this year.

Have a day off mate your boring.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

We missed walmsley yes, but look at what Leeds did tonight without a host of players. Injuries are part and parcel and the squad is good enough.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    Have a day off mate your boring.
    Point out what’s wrong with what I’ve said then

Learning All The Songs

Point out what’s wrong with what I’ve said then
    Every post you put on here is 100% negative. Calling players rubbish & pathetic it’s very very boring.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Amor and Douglas both played well tonight.

Default Walmsley

Out for months. Even a doubt for the England game in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

https://twitter.com/ILaybourn/status/974773113325056001

Learning All The Songs

Every post you put on here is 100% negative. Calling players rubbish & pathetic it’s very very boring.
    The only players I’ve called rubbish/pathetic are Amor and Douglas which I’d say is completely justified. They’re stealing a living and I’m not sure the biggest optimist could argue that they’re the worst 2 players in this side. There seems to be an attitude at the moment that because (up until tonight) we’ve been doing well, that you aren’t allowed to criticise anyone. I think a bit of realism is needed really and the players who I criticise aren’t good enough and if you disagree with me when I say we need a new prop then you must be bordering on deluded.

Learning All The Songs

The only players I’ve called rubbish/pathetic are Amor and Douglas which I’d say is completely justified. They’re stealing a living and I’m not sure the biggest optimist could argue that they’re the worst 2 players in this side. There seems to be an attitude at the moment that because (up until tonight) we’ve been doing well, that you aren’t allowed to criticise anyone. I think a bit of realism is needed really and the players who I criticise aren’t good enough and if you disagree with me when I say we need a new prop then you must be bordering on deluded.

You’ve just called Fages useless and slated Lomax on another thread mate.
    There’s criticism then there’s calling players ‘useless’ ‘pathetic’ ‘rubbish’ every post.
    Thee most negative poster on this board by a country mile.

If any of our props were pathetic tonight it was Thompson during his second spell.

There’s criticism then there’s calling players ‘useless’ ‘pathetic’ ‘rubbish’ every post.
    Don't forget, he also said Lees was rubbish as well!

Starting A Programme Collection Billy Bunter's Avatar

We will undoubtedly miss Walmsley over the coming months but we definitely didn’t tonight. We walked Leeds backwards, consistently making 60 yards a set. Can anyone recall more than a couple of long kicks on the last, because I can’t, we simply didn’t need them.

What let us down was conposure in their 20. Missing Walmsley is not an excuse tonight.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    If any of our props were pathetic tonight it was Thompson during his second spell.
    but he was excellent in his first spell and didn't go off until 30 mins or so.

Learning All The Songs

I like Lomax but no one can defend his performance tonight, I doubt you thought he played well? On Fages, I’ll admit I was quite harsh but the obsession with him doesn’t half do my head in. What I say is quite negative in comparison with everyone else but a lot of people have got way ahead of themselves and a bit of realism is needed, there’s still a fair bit of deadwood in this team. Despite that we should still be right up there come the end of the season.

I have voiced my concerns about our depth at prop and I am worried about Walmsley’s absence, but I don’t think our loss had anything to do with it tonight. We were well on top in the forwards in the first half but we played with no composure. In the second half he would have spent the whole time defending anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I have voiced my concerns about our depth at prop and I am worried about Walmsley’s absence, but I don’t think our loss had anything to do with it tonight. We were well on top in the forwards in the first half but we played with no composure. In the second half he would have spent the whole time defending anyway.
    Big worry, I think it was Singleton, attacking, who just seemed to push Amor away near the sticks, Amor looked very weak? I could give him benefit of doubt and say he was off balance? But we are very light, and cannot hope that the young forwards can do it all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bunter View Post
    We will undoubtedly miss Walmsley over the coming months but we definitely didn’t tonight.
    Where we missed him was his ability to suck in defenders to disrupt the opposition defensive structure then get a quick ptb that allows us to exploit the space that the still-disorganised defence leads to. Applies just as much in their 25 when attacking as it does in our own half when under the cosh.