Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob Fairclough

Learning All The Songs

Default Rob Fairclough

Seeing a couple of comments from Rugby League commentators bigging up Rob Fairclough. Such as: "and the much-raved about 20-year-old Rob Fairclough sits patiently waiting for his opportunity."

Not seen much of him myself. Anybody had an eye on him? Is he as good as some people are suggesting? Should we be getting excited about this prospect?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

He was a player I mentioned on here about three or four years ago. He was the best Saints player on the field by a long way in a game I had watched. Sadly he suffered a serious ACL injury whilst playing for England academy on their Australian tour a couple of years later. He looked a very good player, although at that stage quite small in stature. I haven't seen much of him since but I think he has made the first team squad at Saints. Good luck to him I really hope he is over that injury and progresses through the ranks. The game needs all the good English qualified players that it can produce.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    He was a player I mentioned on here about three or four years ago. He was the best Saints player on the field by a long way in a game I had watched. Sadly he suffered a serious ACL injury whilst playing for England academy on their Australian tour a couple of years later. He looked a very good player, although at that stage quite small in stature. I haven't seen much of him since but I think he has made the first team squad at Saints. Good luck to him I really hope he is over that injury and progresses through the ranks. The game needs all the good English qualified players that it can produce.
    Hoping a saints player progresses, must be the New Year. . Thanks for the update and all the best for the NY.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Hoping a saints player progresses, must be the New Year. . Thanks for the update and all the best for the NY.

Apart from the banter I agree a very good post from RG - as Saints fans we would want to think the opposition players that deserve great respect are at least all home grown

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think the game in the UK is in such a desperate state regards talent any real Rugby League fan would want English / British players to progress. I obviously don’t wish any kind of success for Wigan but I do hope the likes of Ganson , Williams etc really kick on and prove to be top class because we are so short of talent in playmaking / pivot roles it’s scary.

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    I think the game in the UK is in such a desperate state regards talent any real Rugby League fan would want English / British players to progress. I obviously don’t wish any kind of success for Wigan but I do hope the likes of Ganson , Williams etc really kick on and prove to be top class because we are so short of talent in playmaking / pivot roles it’s scary.
    I like to see them all progress except when they play against us.
    As you say there is a dearth of talent in playmaking roles, unless some of the juniors develop. Not being in the country all I know about them is from the internet.

Welcome to the forum Mrs Fairclough.....

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Funny Holbrook didn't mention Fairclough at all in his list of back options in his latest interview.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by nighthorse View Post
    Welcome to the forum Mrs Fairclough.....

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    Sorry to disappoint but you have hit the post there!! 😂 and no doubt I will get some stick for that! 😂 I am related to rob!
    All that I will say is he has been a saints supporter from birth as all the family is saints through and through! he gives it 110% when he pulls the red vee on and as the post says he is “patiently waiting for his opportunity” as for more footage of him he was No10 for saints in the Unbeaten tour of Australia in 2015 all the games highlights are on the link!
    https://youtu.be/l1lbQL_TLFs

Quote Originally Posted by g19agy View Post
    Sorry to disappoint but you have hit the post there!! �� and no doubt I will get some stick for that! �� I am related to rob!
    All that I will say is he has been a saints supporter from birth as all the family is saints through and through! he gives it 110% when he pulls the red vee on and as the post says he is “patiently waiting for his opportunity” as for more footage of him he was No10 for saints in the Unbeaten tour of Australia in 2015 all the games highlights are on the link!
    https://youtu.be/l1lbQL_TLFs
    Lets hope he kicks on.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

That was a good watch. Cheers
    The last game they really linked well. Levy had a great run, very Sonny esq. What's the thoughts of the 6 Costello?

Noooobie

At tonight’s forum, Justin Holbrook mentioned Rob Fairclough as a good prospect who needed game time to develop but bemoaned the fact that the lack of a reserve side meant that Saints had to look for loan or dual reg arrangements for this to happen rather than him being able to do this wearing the red V. As far as reserve sides were concerned, he also said that for any club to be in Super League, a second grade team should be a prerequisite with failure to run one leading to exclusion from the premier league.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    At tonight’s forum, Justin Holbrook mentioned Rob Fairclough as a good prospect who needed game time to develop but bemoaned the fact that the lack of a reserve side meant that Saints had to look for loan or dual reg arrangements for this to happen rather than him being able to do this wearing the red V. As far as reserve sides were concerned, he also said that for any club to be in Super League, a second grade team should be a prerequisite with failure to run one leading to exclusion from the premier league.
    I think he's absolutely right. I really can't understand how the majority of clubs are so against a full reserve grade fixture list. It gives teams the opportunity to blood academy players, gives fringe first-teamers the opportunity to stay match-fit and also gives an opportunity for amateurs to play as trialists. As a kid I used to love going to the A Team games for free as a season ticket holder, surely that can be replicated? As Mike Rush said in an interview posted on another thread, the costs really are minimal so that can't really be an excuse.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    I think he's absolutely right. I really can't understand how the majority of clubs are so against a full reserve grade fixture list. It gives teams the opportunity to blood academy players, gives fringe first-teamers the opportunity to stay match-fit and also gives an opportunity for amateurs to play as trialists. As a kid I used to love going to the A Team games for free as a season ticket holder, surely that can be replicated? As Mike Rush said in an interview posted on another thread, the costs really are minimal so that can't really be an excuse.
    Maybe every SL team has a reserve team and loans players from championship clubs for game time rather than other way round, or maybe joint reserve team with a championship club

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Agreed. I think the future of the game here will depend on how we bring talent through from grass roots to professional. The reserve system for the reasons above should be enough to revive it, and i don't understand why teams are not for it either. Something for the new CEO to address as one of the priorities for our sport to thrive in the future.

Hopefully Fairclough will come on during his loan, but this situation where young talent and reserve team players can't get regular game time other than being loaned out has to change
    Last edited by St. Christopher; 2nd March 2018 at 11:21.

Noooobie

In The South Stand

Maybe just maybe Rob will get his chance at Saints next year.

Got A Replica Shirt

Half back who will take on the line, get him in the team.Looks like he kick goals too.

Starting A Programme Collection

Where is Ganson up to with his development? Haven’t heard much of him lately.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Where is Ganson up to with his development? Haven’t heard much of him lately.
    Been told wigan getting rid

Got A Season Ticket

Interesting to see the under 19s stand off Jack Welsby taking part in the warm up before the Wakefield game. Holbrook obviously sees something in him. Good match day experience for the lad too.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint87 View Post
    Interesting to see the under 19s stand off Jack Welsby taking part in the warm up before the Wakefield game. Holbrook obviously sees something in him. Good match day experience for the lad too.
    He's the one Ive been keeping an eye on, still very young but getting bigger an stronger, think he has scored 20+ try's this season. For me a good prospect, very intelligent player.

Noooobie

https://twitter.com/swinton_lions/st...431204867?s=21

Same again this week!! Really making an impression at swinton!
    Also got voted MOM

https://twitter.com/swinton_lions/st...359222784?s=21