Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Samoa vs Tonga

Learning All The Songs

Default Samoa vs Tonga

What a great game. Wonderful exposure for Rugby League. Noisy crowd, fitness levels and discipline 100% improvement from the last world cup. Still on now Freesport.

Passion, I don't think they get on too good

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

It was a great watch. The pre-match stuff was brilliant, sat there with goosebumps watching that. Tonga will give NZ a decent run next week I think.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It was a bit better than that RISE shite.
    That was more like strictly than a war dance. I've had so much fun taunting Aussies all week

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Cracking game, had tickets but gave them to our Samoan neighbours ( and loan of our car) fireworks going off in here in our part of Auckland all day.

Learning All The Songs

The sort of game we need more of in the world cup pretty evenly matched and both sides going for it

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    It was a great watch. The pre-match stuff was brilliant, sat there with goosebumps watching that. Tonga will give NZ a decent run next week I think.
    Do you know what likely impact that game might have on us, I know we're likely to play PNG in the quarter, presuming we'd get past that would we face the winner of NZ Tonga if all goes to form.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

There was more passion and commitment in the pre-match build up in this game than in the entire England v Lebanon match.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    There was more passion and commitment in the pre-match build up in this game than in the entire England v Lebanon match.
    What i really wanted today was England to smash Lebanon put our bodies on the line ,because today was last chance saloon,if we had lost today our World Cup would have been over.

You don't win the World Cup in your second group match, perhaps you didn't realise that,winning World Cups is all about doing enough to get through the next match hopefully without injuries,if we do win it i guarantee people like you won't be saying 'Yeah we are World Champions but we showed no passion whatsoever against Lebanon so we don't deserve it'

For those who missed it:

This file is not hosted on RedVee.Net, this is a YouTube video.
    Contact YouTube.Com if you have any copyright issues.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post
    What i really wanted today was England to smash Lebanon put our bodies on the line ,because today was last chance saloon,if we had lost today our World Cup would have been over.

You don't win the World Cup in your second group match, perhaps you didn't realise that,winning World Cups is all about doing enough to get through the next match hopefully without injuries,if we do win it i guarantee people like you won't be saying 'Yeah we are World Champions but we showed no passion whatsoever against Lebanon so we don't deserve it'
    I agree, but that Tonga v Samoa game was the complete package for me, everything I want from an RL game.

Got A Season Ticket

It was a great advert for the sport hope the nrl or the international federation see the great chance they have in promoting the game even more in the pacific islands

Learning All The Songs

It was a good game but didn't fully live up to the hype for me.

Perhaps I was expecting too much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post

Never gonna happen. The only 2 games with any fight in that group were always going to be England v Australia and Lebanon v France. The others all a foregone conclusion. Lebanon may have beat France but at the end of the day 90% of their team are part timers never capable of challenging England. In better conditions we’d have put 60 on them.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    Do you know what likely impact that game might have on us, I know we're likely to play PNG in the quarter, presuming we'd get past that would we face the winner of NZ Tonga if all goes to form.
    Yeah we will play the winner of Tonga v NZ in the semi.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Taxi for England if it's the Kiwis!

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Brilliant game to watch, loved the pre and post match gatherings as well. Complete respect for each other as well, there wasn't one bit of niggle in the whole game, not even any clowning around at the ruck. I wish every game was played like that.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

In The South Stand

Starting A Programme Collection

Only just watched the re-run of the game , terrific entertainment topped off with a wonderfully happy atmosphere Thailand is called the land of smiles but ,The South sea Islanders run them very close 2nd . Cannot wait for the NZ vs. Tonga game