Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: England v Lebanon

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Because he is that kind of annoying player who is quite happy to use foul play on someone then go whingeing to the ref. He's what the aussies call a grub and is well known for it

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Because he is that kind of annoying player who is quite happy to use foul play on someone then go whingeing to the ref. He's what the aussies call a grub and is well known for it
    I don't watch the NRL so haven't seen Farrah play in an age. I didn't like the way the way he was constantly harrasing Thaler but after watching Thaler for years I'm surprised more players haven't taken it upon themselves to challenge him as he is utter garbage.

I've said on an other thread I seem to be in a minority re Mcguilvery. There appears to me to be evidence of a bite. You can see the mark on Farrahs arm and him remove his arm pretty sharpish immedietly after. I think in that case he (or any other player) would be within his right to bring it too the refs attention.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post
    Honestly there is no bigger patriot than me,for us to win the World cup would be the best ever i can't put into words how proud i would be to win it in the convicts back yard,but when it's England i take my Saints hat off and want the best team we can put out,Hill is more experienced than Walmsley and to my mind a better player,Percival is simply not trusted by a coach who plays percentage rugby,but he will have to play on the wing now,Lomax is one of my favourite Saints players,but he is sadly injury prone or he would be without doubt first choice full back.

my team is because i know what those convicts are like,they will make sure our best player so far is banned McGilvary

Ratchford,( 1 )Percival (2)Watkins(3), Bateman(4) ,Hall,(5) Gale,(7) Widdop,(6) Graham,(8) Roby,(9),Sam Burgess,(10) Currie,(11) Whitehead (12) O'Loughlin(13)

T Burgess, McMeeken, Heighington Walmsley
    Now he has named the team, neither of us got what we wanted.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

[QUOTE=barry;719600]I don't watch the NRL so haven't seen Farrah play in an age. I didn't like the way the way he was constantly harrasing Thaler but after watching Thaler for years I'm surprised more players haven't taken it upon themselves to challenge him as he is utter garbage.

I've said on an other thread I seem to be in a minority re Mcguilvery. There appears to me to be evidence of a bite. You can see the mark on Farrahs arm and him remove his arm pretty sharpish immedietly after. I think in that case he (or any other player) would be within his right to bring it too the refs attention.

I also think McGilvery bit Farah, there’s one shot where you see him turn his head slightly and clamp down. Farah’s immediate reaction suggests he feels it and he is within his rights to bring it to the refs attention.

Since he has been a stand out performer for England, I expect he’ll be banned for the rest of the tournament. I’ve never seen McGilvery play any way other than hard and fair but that’s no excuse.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I don't watch the NRL so haven't seen Farrah play in an age. I didn't like the way the way he was constantly harrasing Thaler but after watching Thaler for years I'm surprised more players haven't taken it upon themselves to challenge him as he is utter garbage.

If someone bites you then you start beating the crap out of him. Not holding him at arms length then cry to the ref. He had no business having his arm in mcgillvay's face the way he did.

To ban a player for an offence as serious as biting, you would hope that there would be a high threshold regarding a player's intent. Farah had his forearm in McGillvary's face/mouth area for a good few seconds, and I can't see any evidence conclusively showing a deliberate bite. That being said, he played well against Australia and in front of an Aussie panel, I don't fancy his chances.

If he does get banned, big questions should (but won't) be asked about why the PNG player didn't get banned last week for a seemingly clearer offence.