Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: England v Lebanon

Default England v Lebanon

Well, it could be an uncomfortable Saturday morning watching this match, because I think we will come against a strong opposition with a massive Sydney following for the Ceders. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Well, it could be an uncomfortable Saturday morning watching this match, because I think we will come against a strong opposition with a massive Sydney following for the Ceders. Any thoughts?
    I won’t be worrying at all. If England are not good enough to beat a team comprising mainly average NRL players then they don’t deserve any fretting from me; equally, the fans won’t be any more hostile than the likes of a Hull KR crowd baying at the opposition while I doubt the English players will really hear much anyway.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I won’t be worrying at all. If England are not good enough to beat a team comprising mainly average NRL players then they don’t deserve any fretting from me; equally, the fans won’t be any more hostile than the likes of a Hull KR crowd baying at the opposition while I doubt the English players will really hear much anyway.
    Yeah agree with this.

One thing I will say having played over there is that it takes a couple of games to get used to it. The pitches are a different and the games are played a different pace so whatever England plan on doing against Aus/NZ, they need to go in with the same mentality against Lebanon and France in terms of how they want to play. The fact that he's gone with these same team bar the one forced change suggests that that's the plan.

As Tabasco says though, Lebanon have a couple of decent players but England are ahead of them as a team and if they play properly shouldn't have any problems.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Starting A Programme Collection Red_V_Roger's Avatar
    Peregian Springs, (near Noosa) Queensland

Looking forward to it. We have front row tickets this week on about the 20m line. Look for the big St Helens England flag!
    Gone Walkabout...

Quote Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger View Post
    Looking forward to it. We have front row tickets this week on about the 20m line. Look for the big St Helens England flag!

Haha, Roger that.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger View Post
    What if you forget to take it to the game?

Everyone's time will have been wasted.. .

Learning All The Songs

We should be beating these men comfortably by 40+ points IMO.
    They've got 4 decent players in Moses, Farah, Mannah and Lichaa and that's about it. We should be scoring plenty points out wide especially.
    Crazy decision not to play Percival for mine, he'd have a field day in attack and wouldn't be up against much quality in defence. Prime opportunity for Bennett to let him loose and show him what his attacking skills could bring to the team.

Got A Season Ticket

I saw the bookies giving lebanon 30 plus start and i think thats what we should be looking at a comfortable win id have given percival and mcmeeken a start myself in this one

Been to Australia twice in 6 months Percival and not touched a ball yet.

Absolutely staggering

Percy will not play any meaningful game whilst England has the coach it does.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Lomax rumoured to be out injured and replaced in the 17 by Williams with Widdop moving to full back

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Been to Australia twice in 6 months Percival and not touched a ball yet.

Absolutely staggering
    Oh he has. He came on against CAS dropped the ball and their winger went 70 meters to score.

Quote Originally Posted by E Saint View Post
    Lomax rumoured to be out injured and replaced in the 17 by Williams with Widdop moving to full back
    It looks like it may be Lomax out?

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...-make-changes/

WARNING! PIE EATER!

It depends who's missing. If it's one of the half backs then I'd play Williams, if It's Lomax then I'd probably just bring Ratchford in at fullback and give the halfbacks more time to gel.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    It depends who's missing. If it's one of the half backs then I'd play Williams, if It's Lomax then I'd probably just bring Ratchford in at fullback and give the halfbacks more time to gel.
    It's already confirmed Williams is playing.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Percy will not play any meaningful game whilst England has the coach it does.
    It does seem that way, Bennett would probably sooner play a full team of back rowers before selecting Percival and Ratchford, too much outside "the defensive box" for those two.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    It's already confirmed Williams is playing.
    I was just saying what would have been my preference, depending on who was missing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I believe it is Gareth Widdop who is not playing,it's nothing to do with the fact i was a professional player (don't want to upset TYG he seems very angry today),i just read it on Twitter

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post
    I believe it is Gareth Widdop who is not playing,it's nothing to do with the fact i was a professional player (don't want to upset TYG he seems very angry today),i just read it on Twitter
    Not angry in the slightest.

I've read elsewhere that Lomax is missing, so it looks like either him or Widdop anyway.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Not angry in the slightest.

I've read elsewhere that Lomax is missing, so it looks like either him or Widdop anyway.
    I hope it's Widdop. Not because I have anything against him, would just like to see Lomax have a decent injury free run.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Lomax according to BBC sport. Assume that will be Widdop to full back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

I am pleased Williams has been drafted in if Lomax is injured. Personally I think it will be closer than people think. I can only see Williams in as a plus. We do really need to get good field position this time round because I thought we conceded ground far too easily against the Aussies.

Learning All The Songs

Winddop is massively overrated can't see what he's gonna bring to the team at full back

I am quite concerned about Lomax and his constant injuries. I wonder if he can physically do a full season anymore?
    If he came to the WC not fully fit then maybe he should have been allowed to stay at home and at least tried to get better for next season.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I was hoping Saints would've announced he needed a "operation" along with Roby. I understand players want to play international rugby but surely it's more important to protect our assets (and that's what they are). As for Percival not playing, I can't say I'm too worried to be honest. He didn't finish the season too well and looked tired. I said to my Mrs this morning watching the France game I hoped Fages got himself sent off well I'm not joking when I say the same about Walmsley.
    Which is exactly the attitude that would result in the national side achieving nothing.

I remember being at Huddersfield in 2001 when GB won the first test. It's awesome beating Australia. It mattered little because we lost the next 2 but it's the pinnacle.

We should be wanting our players to be playing at this level. Not wanting them not to because they might get injured.