Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lms

Learning All The Songs

Default Lms

Louie had a blinder today for Ireland, it was a weak Italy but none the less, he played very well. Kyle was solid also, it will be interesting to see how they go against better opposition.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The most outstanding player of the match according to the press, made 195 metres albeit against reportedly weak opposition.

Got A Season Ticket

Maybe he's after a contract in the NRL

Learning All The Songs

Still nowhere near good enough for saints and how he’s still here I don’t know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Totally agree

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    How?
    He had a good year this year and you can't have a team full of world beaters.

LMS has been a good signing for us over the years. Ask any coach who has been at the club or in the game and they'd tell you the same.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

KC tried to use him as a wide running second row on our right edge, it did not work.

Holbrook used him as an impact prop and he was very effective.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    KC tried to use him as a wide running second row on our right edge, it did not work.

That's it in a nutshell,you have to use him better. Either KC was instructing him to cut back into the middle everytime he got the ball or he was doing it himself and the coach wasn't correcting it. Running him down the middle is his best game and he can be quite effective there.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    How?
    He had a good year this year and you can't have a team full of world beaters.

LMS has been a good signing for us over the years. Ask any coach who has been at the club or in the game and they'd tell you the same.
    Really? I can’t think of more than 3 or 4 games in which he’s played well. He’s been better since Holbrooks came in but he still isn’t good enough. Only bothers turning up when he has to and he wouldn’t be a big miss at all.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    That's it in a nutshell,you have to use him better. Either KC was instructing him to cut back into the middle everytime he got the ball or he was doing it himself and the coach wasn't correcting it. Running him down the middle is his best game and he can be quite effective there.
    I think he was signed as a prop in the first place and that’s what he is best at. I also think he has been better since Holbrook arrived but he still isn’t someone I would hope keep

Totally agree, now back to his original purpose of going down the middle getting a quick PTB, he's been pretty good this year and annoys the opposition with his antics. Deserves one more season for me.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I think he was signed as a prop in the first place and that’s what he is best at. I also think he has been better since Holbrook arrived but he still isn’t someone I would hope keep
    Yes he was signed as a prop and no i wouldn't be keeping him beyond his contract. A series of coaches have kept him in the team so he can't be as bad as a lot of people on here make him out to be.

In The South Stand

There are folk on this forum who don't like LMS and nothing will alter their perspective I'm afraid mate. I think he's an asset to the team and can't understand the animosity towards him.

It's social media. I like him and he did have a great game.

I've only just watched the highlights of the Ireland v Italy game, and I thought they all played well, LMS included.

I'm looking forward to their game against PNG next week which will be a tough encounter for the Irish lads, good luck to them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    There are folk on this forum who don't like LMS and nothing will alter their perspective I'm afraid mate. I think he's an asset to the team and can't understand the animosity towards him.
    LMS is not good enough for Saints.

Got A Season Ticket

LMS played well last season too, whatever he does though, some will never accept.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post
    The coach rates him and thinks he's good enough, so will feature plenty next season

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    LMS played well last season too, whatever he does though, some will never accept.
    Think it was around 2012/2013 seasons he was blowing hot and cold and going missing when losing the game, I like it when he attracts a bit of biff and he doesn't play the game like a robot. Superb scrum half pass to set up that last second try at Wakefield to push us on for the top 4.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post

I generally rate your posts mate but I think we will have to beg to differ at present on this one. He is a good fit and the coach thinks so, his only Achilles heel is that he can be a penalty machine at times

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    I generally rate your posts mate but I think we will have to beg to differ at present on this one. He is a good fit and the coach thinks so, his only Achilles heel is that he can be a penalty machine at times
    Nobody will be happier than me to be proved wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Certainly not a Mantle nor Huddart, but does a job and can be dangerous in the opposition 20.

Got A Replica Shirt

He's our No1 cheerleader, he celebrates every decision like a lottery win, but that aside he's a good club man. Yes he may have limited ability, and gives away too many penalties, but I would keep him in my squad. He's one of the few who steps forward into oppositions faces, and has a bit of grunt when he plays. 7 out of 10 for ability, but I think after about six years with the club he deserves a break. He's a Saint through and through. Can score a good try too.

Learning All The Songs

He played very well today, as did Kyle Amor. McIlorum dominated the ruck area when he was on the field but Liam Finn was head and shoulders the best player today.

Italy really disappointed me, I was expecting more from them. Jack Johns had a nightmare, kept dropping the ball before going off injured.

In The South Stand

LMS is obviously not the best player we've ever had, in fact whether you consider him a prop or a second row or even loose forward, we really need someone better there. However, we didn't compete for the signature of the 2 stand out second rows that have been on the market recently (whitehead and mckmeeken) we are now stuck with him until something better comes along. Until then you just want the best he can deliver. We are obviously used to the likes of soliola/gilmour/joint and company and LMS falls short of these players, unfortunately there isnt many of that standard knocking about and when there has been we haven't put our hands in our pockets, hopefully moving forward we will compete in future. Until then LMS should get another year.