Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Marwan speculation.

In The South Stand

Got A Season Ticket

I have not made bids for any club. My priority is helping the @SalfordDevils Trustees https://t.co/mfvRmkKc3y

that is marwans tweet to reply to rumours

So that’s means he is interested then. Cleverly worded. Don’t blame him really , Salford surrounded by empty seats and mounting bills or Gold Coast.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I think its a bit harsh to imply that Salfords poor crowds are due to Koukash being outspoken.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    So that’s means he is interested then. Cleverly worded. Don’t blame him really , Salford surrounded by empty seats and mounting bills or Gold Coast.
    If it's empty seats he wants to get away from Gold Coast is not the place for him

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southport Saint View Post
    If it's empty seats he wants to get away from Gold Coast is not the place for him
    Agree, he’s going from a ‘lower table side’ , With a stadium too far away to create foot fall and attract fans. Empty seats week in week out and poor turnover to...

The same thing in Australia.

If he buys the Titans it can only be to buy the franchise and relocate like he wanted at Salford. Anything else is a financial disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Wouldn’t mind him taking us over if I’m honest.
    We could do worse.

Starting A Programme Collection

Default marwan

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Wouldn’t mind him taking us over if I’m honest.
    Did he not try to become a shareholder . don't think him & Eamon are best of buddies .

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Did he not try to become a shareholder . don't think him & Eamon are best of buddies .
    I think that is correct.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think its a bit harsh to imply that Salfords poor crowds are due to Koukash being outspoken.
    It's very harsh indeed,seems lazy journalism to me. He really was sold a lemon with Salford and all the promises that were made. The stadium is in a ridiculous place miles away from it's supporter base.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    The man's a clown who'd turn us into a basket case of a club in five minutes. He's rescued Salford financially and kept them going but he's made it all about himself. He lacks class and his style of ownership is not something we need. It's not like Salford have actually won anything while he's been there. Our owners get a lot of stick, largely from people stuck in 2006, but at least they've stabilised us financially and kept the club well respected.
    Yeah we signed all their players.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    I just said we were in a better position than Salford and that whether RL fans like us or hate us they don't point and laugh like they do at Salford. That's the real change for me. I don't like or dislike them any more than I did pre-Koukash but I do find them ever more ridiculous. The other thing of course is that he's moved them out of Salford to a shared stadium that none of their fans seem to want to go to.
    they were there when he arrived,but i do agree with you he is a self publicist,i wouldn't want him anywhere near Saints he would make us a laughing stock.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

The big thing was he bought Salford and not Bradford. He could have made a difference at Bradford. Salfords fan numbers were dwindling, the move to the new stadium effectively killed off any chance of growing.

Wouldn't want him at Saints its not like we are short of cash, we spend the cap anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    The big thing was he bought Salford and not Bradford. He could have made a difference at Bradford. Salfords fan numbers were dwindling, the move to the new stadium effectively killed off any chance of growing.

Wouldn't want him at Saints its not like we are short of cash, we spend the cap anyway.
    I’d agree , At Bradford he could have got them going again. They have the fans (or did) and he would have had the finance to be able to get odslum back from the RFL and improve it.

Salford at the moment would be better off ground sharing with Salford City at Moor Lane. They’d be back ‘home’ and the ground wouldn’t look as embarrassingly empty all the time.

Guess this helps any potential new owner.

Salford Reds Devils get three year loan reprieve
    A decision has been made by Salford City Council to extend the holiday on loan repayments from Salford Red Devils.

Salford City Mayor Paul Dennett formally approved the suspension of contributions from the club for 36 months, subject to an annual review.

This is on the condition the club retains its name and honours its previous agreements by playing its home games at the AJ Bell Stadium in the city.

Salford City Mayor Paul Dennett said: “Salford Red Devils is an institution in our city and a huge part of the Salford identity. I believe this decision is in the best interests of the taxpayer of Salford.

“It is concerning to hear about the continued financial difficulties faced by the club, especially in light of the important role that the club has for our city.

“We have agreed to extend the CVA on the club for three years, on annual review. Our accountants will have full access to the club’s accounts and finances and we are determined to turn things around.

“I have met with fans and hope to meet with them regularly until we turn this situation around and help the club stand on its own two feet again.”

The club’s relationship with the council has a long history. In 2013 all creditors entered into a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) which sets out terms for a loan to be paid back to the council over a 25 year period. This came about when the new owner took on a historic debt when he bought the club. Previously the City Mayor said it would be a mistake to change the name of the club to incorporate Manchester.

The length of the CVA has not been extended, meaning the club will still have to repay its debt over the agreed 25 years. The council agreed to this on the condition that the club pays the council £17,000 for IT support services and makes a contribution of £30,000 each year to the CVA to distribute to creditors.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

I heard he has his own seat, throne, in the AJ Bell End!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    I heard he has his own seat, throne, in the AJ Bell End!

I also heard he is currently causing havoc on the Gold Coast - saying he will not be buying the Titans as they are a financial basket case !