Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Next year's 10k

Default Next year's 10k

Hey all, I've entered myself and the wife into next year's 10k, we are from Cardiff we are gonna travel up on the Saturday and staying for the weekend, just wondering if anyone has the route of the 10k available, are there any showers available at the totally wicked stadium? also where's the best place for a pint afterwards? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rdavo2664 View Post
    Hey all, I've entered myself and the wife into next year's 10k, we are from Cardiff we are gonna travel up on the Saturday and staying for the weekend, just wondering if anyone has the route of the 10k available, are there any showers available at the totally wicked stadium? also where's the best place for a pint afterwards? Thanks

Hello mate. I think if you Google St Helens 10k you can get the route. In a nutshell it's from the ground, through town, up North Road, bit of Bishop Road (I think), round Victoria Park, and back down North Road, through town, around the outside of the ground, in the ground and halfway around to the finish.

I did it a couple of years ago and it is a tough run. North Road climb is relatively early in the run and it's hard work.

They don't make any showers available at the ground. Guess there'd be that many wanting use them that it would be a nightmare.

When you get there, you might have to wait for a bit before it gets going. I would advise that you take a warm jacket, hats, gloves whatever as you can leave them at the ground and the staff on will look after them for you as it gets bitterly cold on the concourse

Depends what you're after in terms of beer and/or food really. Just for beer I like the Cricketers on Peter St but on a Sunday, our football team will be back there so the bit near the tv's in the corner tends to be full after half 1 ish for an hour or so.

If you want beer n food, taxi and back up to the Colliers Arms up Crank way could be a shout. Bout a 20 minute drive out with Sunday traffic. But their food is really good.

Another option is the Derby Arms in Rainford. Bit nearer, but would still need a taxi or the car. Some may know more places than me but St Helens is hardly the place for fine dining. And I'm not fussy

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Hello mate. I think if you Google St Helens 10k you can get the route. In a nutshell it's from the ground, through town, up North Road, bit of Bishop Road (I think), round Victoria Park, and back down North Road, through town, around the outside of the ground, in the ground and halfway around to the finish.

I did it a couple of years ago and it is a tough run. North Road climb is relatively early in the run and it's hard work.

They don't make any showers available at the ground. Guess there'd be that many wanting use them that it would be a nightmare.

When you get there, you might have to wait for a bit before it gets going. I would advise that you take a warm jacket, hats, gloves whatever as you can leave them at the ground and the staff on will look after them for you as it gets bitterly cold on the concourse

Depends what you're after in terms of beer and/or food really. Just for beer I like the Cricketers on Peter St but on a Sunday, our football team will be back there so the bit near the tv's in the corner tends to be full after half 1 ish for an hour or so.

If you want beer n food, taxi and back up to the Colliers Arms up Crank way could be a shout. Bout a 20 minute drive out with Sunday traffic. But their food is really good.

Another option is the Derby Arms in Rainford. Bit nearer, but would still need a taxi or the car. Some may know more places than me but St Helens is hardly the place for fine dining. And I'm not fussy
    Thank you for the info.

no problem pal