Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers

Noooobie

Bryson Goodwin worth a shout? If he's got an option to cancel his contract with Leigh on their relagation.

I've heard both Mortimer and Langi are being looked at from Leigh.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by StillInTesco View Post
    I'm sure Holbrook has watched him more than any of us, given that he coached in that league. You're not telling me that Holbrook would let anybody bring in players that he didn't think could improve the squad.

My thoughts exactly

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Lager View Post
    Bryson Goodwin worth a shout? If he's got an option to cancel his contract with Leigh on their relagation.
    I have heard Warrington are in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I have heard Warrington are in for him.
    Warrington haven't even got a new coach yet. So we can guess it isn't the coach that is in charge of recruitment at the Wire.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    Warrington haven't even got a new coach yet. So we can guess it isn't the coach that is in charge of recruitment at the Wire.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Steve Price has got the Warrington job I believe. Should be announced this week.

Got A Season Ticket

Another player like Douglas last year who was paraded with the 'retiring' players before the NRL Grand Final today. Not sure we should really be going for those type of players any more.

Noooobie

From the game yesterday at leigh their players seem to give lots of penelties, that's what cost them the game. I think we've got enough players who do that.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    I've heard both Mortimer and Langi are being looked at from Leigh.
    I've commented about Daniel Mortimer on the Leigh thread. I think He's a good player. He can play in the halves as we've seen over here and he's scored some good tries. Not sure why he wasn't involved yesterday for them? He also caught my eye coming on at '9' for Cronulla earlier in the season. If Holbrook isn't happy with what he has in those pivotal positions or is looking to move some of the established players on, a player like that on a 1 year deal similar to what Wakefield did Sam Williams and Salford with Carney, could be an option for Saints.

The halves is an area I think Saints should be looking to strengthen for next year, because the pair he went with against Cas-
    Smith and Lomax, isn't a combination which wins you trophies for mine. Lomax has something to offer the squad, as does Fages and Richardson. Matty Smith would be the one I would be looking to offload, along with Tommy Lee the back up hooker.

Regards,

STEVO

In The South Stand

Tyrone Roberts is an exciting player. I think he's been one of the Gold Coast's best players this season. He can play at full back and in the halves. Hooker too.

Looking forward to seeing him in SL next year and it'll be interesting to see who else Warrington sign, with all the outgoings.

Regards,

STEVO

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I've been told Peyroux is staying and that signings are dependent on players leaving. So if Matautia is true then it's fair to say someone is leaving. Probably other than Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently the 25 man squad for next year (assuming Peyroux and Mata'utia is true) looks something like:

Barba
    Makinson Morgan Percival Grace
    Fages Richardson
    Thompson Roby Walmsley
    Taia Mata'utia
    Knowles

Smith Peyroux Douglas LMS

Lomax Swift Wellington Lee
    Amor Lees Wilkin Bentley

In whatever order people choose, but it's easy to see why players need to go before anyone else can be confirmed.

That being said the only real rumour we've seen is LMS to hkr. The rest like Lee and Wilkin is just hope springs eternal as I've not seen any clubs actually rumoured to be in for them.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Tyrone Roberts is an exciting player. I think he's been one of the Gold Coast's best players this season. He can play at full back and in the halves. Hooker too.

Looking forward to seeing him in SL next year and it'll be interesting to see who else Warrington sign, with all the outgoings.

Regards,

STEVO
    Roberts is bang average - Jack of all trades master of none. Doesn't have the pace to be a top half back or the guile & defence to be a top hooker. Decent utility player but far from being a marquee player.

In The South Stand

Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post

Regards,

STEVO
    Rubbish IMO
    This wonderful St. Helens OUTFIT

Noooobie

Warrington have signed him

In The South Stand

Ben Murdoch Masilla has 'signed' for Warrington, Castleford and Hull KR tonight according to various 'in the know' people on Twitter. Warrington are the one that the people seem to be attaching most hope to.

He'd be absolutely perfect for us IMO, just what we need. A bit of anger, aggression and size in the backrow. Plenty of workhorse types around for him to be given a rest. He'll vastly improve any side he goes to.

He looked totally unfit when he played us.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Ben Murdoch Masilla has 'signed' for Warrington, Castleford and Hull KR tonight according to various 'in the know' people on Twitter. Warrington are the one that the people seem to be attaching most hope to.

He'd be absolutely perfect for us IMO, just what we need. A bit of anger, aggression and size in the backrow. Plenty of workhorse types around for him to be given a rest. He'll vastly improve any side he goes to.
    He makes Jonny Vegas look like Paul Sculthorpe, between Murdoch-Masila, Josh Jones & Brett Ferris it looks like a few pies need swapping with protein shakes and a spell of getting their lard ars*s on the treadmill wouldn't go a miss.
    Looks like Warrington are going be an agents dream this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    Roberts is bang average - Jack of all trades master of none. Doesn't have the pace to be a top half back or the guile & defence to be a top hooker. Decent utility player but far from being a marquee player.
    I disagree. I think he'll be one of the most exciting players to watch in SL next year, IF the deal does go through.

His best position is in the halves, he is creative and he has a great running game. Would you not agree that he offers more than anything Saints have in there? If there was any money in the pot I'm sure Saints would want him, and I think you would have a different opinion if that was the case. Whether he's worth the marquee deal we'll see, but he will be good for Warrington because they need a running threat in the halves, which they haven't got with Brown or Patton. The fact that he is useful at full back and at '9' as well, makes him a real asset I think.

Regards,

STEVO

In The South Stand

What is it with Wolves and cheque books? First Warrington and now Toronto, signing anything with a pulse.

Default Transfers

The big Leigh clearout is starting according to this with Dire hunting anything that vaguely looks like a halfback.

http://www.5thtackle.com/7-leigh-cen...eague-clubs/2/

Glenn Stewart anyone ? Not a spring chicken but still quality and tough

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    The big Leigh clearout is starting according to this with Dire hunting anything that vaguely looks like a halfback.

Behave....
    From St. Helens to St. Helier but ALWAYS a Saint!

Got A Season Ticket

Matty Dawson interesting Leeds and Hull_F.C!

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post

Genuinely don't think I'd take anyone from that Leigh side.