Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: KC on WISH FM

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    I think we should move on. You don't imagine that he did that damage deliberately, do you? He came in, had a go and wasn't good enough. He got sacked, rightly. And that's it. For how long do we persecute one of our greatest every players?
    I think so too, we need to move forward to the future, Holbrook has rescued the season so we are very much in the positive now. For KC would prefer to forget his coaching failures and bring back the memories on how great a legendary player he was, wish him well for the future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    He failed in every single aspect of the coaching role both on and off the pitch and clearly hasn't learned a damned thing since.
    Clearly.

“Would the club have been in a different position now if I’d still been coaching them? I’m not sure they would have, but that is the nature of the beast.

Yes - the side would likely still have featured Jack Owens, Greg Richards and Matty Smith with Grace and Richardson still in the nursery and Thompson and Peyroux the shadow of the players they are under JH. Keiron needs to accept he failed; the coaching was dreadful and Saints would likely have been in the middle 8's under his leadership.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I think we should move on. You don't imagine that he did that damage deliberately, do you? He came in, had a go and wasn't good enough. He got sacked, rightly. And that's it. For how long do we persecute one of our greatest every players?
    I agree we should put that chapter behind us and move on but at the same time, as long as Cunningham is going to come out with absurd interviews about us then there is naturally going to be a reaction to that. Had he not done the interview last week then he wouldn't be getting talked about on here now.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

That's a fair point, I agree. But having agreed to do the interview when he is asked the questions he is going to defend himself. He is not going to publicly say 'I was rubbish and I have left it in a right mess.'
    Haha no that's true, but without wanting to get into it in detail, he didn't need to say half the stuff he did and that's why the proverbial can of worms has been opened again.

But as a general point I agree that the sooner we stop talking about him and he stops talking about us, the better. I see it happen in football, especially at Newcastle who I support. I'm forever seeing quotes from the likes of Pardew and McLaren about us and I just scratch my head and wonder what on earth it has got to do with them anymore. More fool the journalists who give them the air time I suppose.

Banned

That's a fair point, I agree. But having agreed to do the interview when he is asked the questions he is going to defend himself. He is not going to publicly say 'I was rubbish and I have left it in a right mess.'
    But equally, claiming the club would be where it is now if he were still here is totally ridiculous...

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I agree we should put that chapter behind us and move on but at the same time, as long as Cunningham is going to come out with absurd interviews about us then there is naturally going to be a reaction to that. Had he not done the interview last week then he wouldn't be getting talked about on here now.
    Exactly.

Persecution??? Don't make me laugh, the guy would have taken us into the Middle 8s and we may well have been where Leigh now find themselves. He needs to find a huge dose of humility, an even larger one of acknowledgement that he was an absolutely massive failure as a coach and just stop making hugely ludicrous statements about his "achievements" with us as a coach.

Maybe then he'll stop being "persecuted"...............

No problem whatsoever if he starts sounding off about how close he came to keeping Leigh in SL with his "can't teach me anything" attitude, don't give a monkey's about that, but if he carries on making nonsensical comments about his time coaching us, he'll carry on getting flack.

And rightly so.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

but it is not as if he got us relegated and drove us out of business.
    Arguably only because he was eventually - and far too late - shown the door
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

All part of being famous and not very good, an unfortunate combination. I should know I support Liverpool.

Cunningham may not have seen us through to relegation this season but he would almost certainly have caused a couple of thousand fewer fans to go through the turnstiles next year with consequential impact on the club's finances, ability to recruit and compete etc.

Given his performance as coach, I never want to see him involved with Saints again. Hopefully, the reaction to his latest delusional outpourings will be seen by or relayed to him and ensure that he never contemplates a return.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

As I said at the time I had no problem with his initial two year deal but it was the new three year contract given 12 months in...he'd done nothing to earn it and we at that point appeared to create a monster.
    That contract offer was the worst bit of business done by the club since paying Hull £80,000 for Andy Dannatt.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I think most people would like to put his coaching era behind us. I also do think criticism of him was dying down, but then he goes to press and gives another display of hs arrogance. As long as he keeps spouting dribble about his coaching, then people will be reminded of his tenure here.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

He has goosed his legend status for me. I was considering not renewing my season ticket in April.....I am not now no problem. I reckon that's were a lot of us are.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Has there been any indication that he will ever be coming back? I'm asking genuinely because I haven't seen any. I support Liverpool but I don't worry about Graeme Souness coming back as manager.

Give over Don. I could understand not wanting to watch a team that he coaches and certainly given how much we have to pay for the privilege but nothing that he says or does as a coach will every erase his playing achievements or remove his legendary status. Alex Murphy's a legend but he isn't and wasn't always complimentary about all things Saints. Maybe it's too soon with Keiron..
    It's all about opinion 07. I may be wrong but it's how he's made me feel about the club which to me is more important than playing memories.
    Learned comment from The Don

Has there been any indication that he will ever be coming back? I'm asking genuinely because I haven't seen any. I support Liverpool but I don't worry about Graeme Souness coming back as manager
    Was Souness born and bred in Liverpool? Was Liverpool his only professional club? Did Souness only ever manage Liverpool? Did Souness leave Liverpool having won nothing but feeling he could lead them to greatness and thus had unfinished business? Did he ever, and does he still, live in Liverpool? Is his son on Liverpool's playing staff?

I've no idea about some of the answers but am fairly certain I know the position if it is Cunningham about whom the questions are posed. Reading his arrogant comments about his own abilities and his false assessment of where he left Saints, I can only imagine Cunningham would want to return and right the perceived wrongs. Should such happen, that is when I would dissociate myself from 50 years of watching the team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    He has goosed his legend status for me. I was considering not renewing my season ticket in April.....I am not now no problem. I reckon that's were a lot of us are.
    I totally agree with you to my mind his legacy is how bad a coach he was,if he had left just as a player i would have been the first to laud his exploits on the pitch,maybe in twenty years like Murphy people will forget what he did to our club and remember him as a great player.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I don't think it is the fact that he was such a poor coach that has led to the depth of feeling about him. If he'd been a dreadful coach but come across differently he'd have maintained his Saints Legend status. Fans would have acknowledged he was a dreadful coach but still remembered him largely as a wonderful player.

It's the things he said, the arrogance, the sheer inability to admit any fault of his own, and his ease in blaming inexperienced youngsters whilst giving experienced players blanche carte to play horrifically but still be praised.

What has upset fans so deeply is that as fans we assume that our heroes are equally heroic in personality. It's a very bitter pill to swallow when they turn out to be a lot less than perfect as a person. People assume that the player ability is matched by an equally wonderful nature - modest, kind, just a really great person. Many faults can be forgiven, but complete arrogance and total lack of ability to accept fault yet lay it so easily at others doors is what has led to the depth of feeling. This is why it's so much harder to let go. It's the disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Cunningham may not have seen us through to relegation this season but he would almost certainly have caused a couple of thousand fewer fans to go through the turnstiles next year with consequential impact on the club's finances, ability to recruit and compete etc.

Given his performance as coach, I never want to see him involved with Saints again. Hopefully, the reaction to his latest delusional outpourings will be seen by or relayed to him and ensure that he never contemplates a return.
    Fully agree. Although it does not show me in a good light as a supporter, I went straight back after he was given the shove.

I was absolutely pig sick of the tedious dross we served up under his leadership.

I can separate the 2. He was a magnificent player and I'm grateful for his contribution. But as a coach, very poor

None of the answers to those questions are relevant to the matter of whether or not he comes back. He might want to come back but he's had his opportunity and blown it. He won't be back. It doesn't matter what he thinks or what he wants. He can't reappoint himself.
    Nigel Wood can and he's useless at his job too

In The South Stand

Has there been any indication that he will ever be coming back? I'm asking genuinely because I haven't seen any. I support Liverpool but I don't worry about Graeme Souness coming back as manager.

Give over Don. I could understand not wanting to watch a team that he coaches and certainly given how much we have to pay for the privilege but nothing that he says or does as a coach will every erase his playing achievements or remove his legendary status. Alex Murphy's a legend but he isn't and wasn't always complimentary about all things Saints. Maybe it's too soon with Keiron..
    If you support Liverpool you've got more to worry about than Souness coming back mate!

There is zero chance of him coming back as a coach at Saints because for that to even be a vague possibility he would need to prove himself to be worth it elsewhere which i can’t see happening given his attitude.

He wasn’t qualified for the job in the first place , McManus made a big mistake and then compounded that by giving him a longer contract instead of firing him. He is by far the worst coach I’ve ever seen at Saints (Potter being second worst)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    There is zero chance of him coming back as a coach at Saints because for that to even be a vague possibility he would need to prove himself to be worth it elsewhere which i can’t see happening given his attitude.

He wasn’t qualified for the job in the first place , McManus made a big mistake and then compounded that by giving him a longer contract instead of firing him. He is by far the worst coach I’ve ever seen at Saints (Potter being second worst)
    Nathan Brown would have had significant influence on McManus towards his final decision, but as we know the buck stops with him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post

He reminds me very much of Murphy he was delusional and still is. i have spent many a happy hour listening to him telling me how great he was as a player and coach,i had this misfortune of being coached by him he was a very good player,history proves that as a coach he was a very good player.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post
    He reminds me very much of Murphy he was delusional and still is. i have spent many a happy hour listening to him telling me how great he was as a player and coach,i had this misfortune of being coached by him he was a very good player,history proves that as a coach he was a very good player.
    I was coached by Eric Hughes when I was younger, found him a terrible coach, couldn't believe he became a first team coach !! Shocking

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I like Alex, but you are correct. I spent a lot of time LISTENING to him and he does have some great stories.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSklX1Hs324

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

He coached me as well. Fully agree with your post. He was a terrible man manager but the best SH I have ever seen