Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: KC on WISH FM

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Forward Bloke View Post
    Here's a few quotes..
    "Would the club have been in a different position now if I had still been coaching them? I'm not sure they would have, but that's the nature of the beast."

"St.Helens, as much as its a great job, it's quite a difficult job. Expectation is high at all the top clubs and people can get spoiled with success over a prolonged period of time."

"for myself, I don't think it was ever going to work with being a 'local hero' and it was difficult. Living in the town was tough; I didn't get treated very well, but that's part of life. I knew that was going to happen from the outset. I was big enough to take the challenge and it's a shame it didn't work out how we all wanted."

"I always wanted to build them a good squad someone could do something with and I feel like I did that. They made the semi-finals and I feel like I left them in a good spot."

He also mentions there's no bad blood between KC, Rush and Eamonn. Says that he needed the time off in between being sacked here and hiring at Leigh, before going onto say he's still got a lot to offer as a coach.
    The bit about "they made the semi-finals and I feel like I left them in a good spot" nearly made me choke on my corn flakes!!

It's like he's taking the credit for it whereas we had a one way ticket to oblivion with this bozo in charge, and the damage he's done will take some time to fix. Any credit for us making the top 4 is down to Holbrook and nothing to do with Cunningham.

He really does live in a fantasy world!
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Starting A Programme Collection

Here's a few quotes..
    "Would the club have been in a different position now if I had still been coaching them? I'm not sure they would have, but that's the nature of the beast."

"St.Helens, as much as its a great job, it's quite a difficult job. Expectation is high at all the top clubs and people can get spoiled with success over a prolonged period of time."

"for myself, I don't think it was ever going to work with being a 'local hero' and it was difficult. Living in the town was tough; I didn't get treated very well, but that's part of life. I knew that was going to happen from the outset. I was big enough to take the challenge and it's a shame it didn't work out how we all wanted."

"I always wanted to build them a good squad someone could do something with and I feel like I did that. They made the semi-finals and I feel like I left them in a good spot."

He also mentions there's no bad blood between KC, Rush and Eamonn. Says that he needed the time off in between being sacked here and hiring at Leigh, before going onto say he's still got a lot to offer as a coach.

He's completely lost the plot now

In The South Stand

Yes KC after losses to Leigh,Wakefield,Hull,Salford and that awful draw v Hudds you really left us in a good spot.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint-spoiler View Post
    He's completely lost the plot now
    You could have posted that anytime last season.
    He comes across totally delusional.

Here's a few quotes..

Dear life.

He says he “didn’t get treated well” but then praises Eamon and Rushy and the supporters. Wonder who he meant?

Learning All The Songs

You think he would have taken some advice on how to speak to the media

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Yes KC after losses to Leigh,Wakefield,Hull,Salford and that awful draw v Hudds you really left us in a good spot.

He did, 8th/9th was better than the 12th that Leigh finished.

I didn't know whether to scream or laugh when I read it, he's still convinced we'd have made top 4 had he stayed.

Absolutely unbelievable!!!
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

Learning All The Songs

I'm just glad he's gone. He is more deluded than a Liverpool fan.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I'm just glad he's gone. He is more deluded than a Liverpool fan.
    That's another downside he IS a Liverpool fan.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Got A Replica Shirt

I can't believe that we are still talking about this
    DISS FUNK SHE UN ALL unit after all this time.
    Let's Mooooooveeeeeee on !

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by softly softly View Post
    I can't believe that we are still talking about this
    DISS FUNK SHE UN ALL unit after all this time.
    Let's Mooooooveeeeeee on !
    I think people are still talking about it because he was such a bad coach. Yet he still hasn't learnt anything and as he comes out with the most amusing comments. Yes he was a great player, but that shouldn't mean we should never forget the mess he left us in when he was coach.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote "I always wanted build them a good squad" I won't bother to name the sheeite he brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Quote "I always wanted build them a good squad" I won't bother to name the sheeite he brought in.
    But could it be suggested that some of those players under that category (maybe) are playing better under Holbrook?

To be fair, he did largely build a side that reached the Semi's, unfortunately some of his great signings were offloaded or shelved as soon as the door slapped his arse on the way out and he couldn't coach for toffee.

And those bloody satellite dishes he insists on wearing... What's he listening to, Classic FM??

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

Quote Originally Posted by Oldham_Saint View Post
    To be fair, he did largely build a side that reached the Semi's, unfortunately some of his great signings were offloaded or shelved as soon as the door slapped his arse on the way out and he couldn't coach for toffee.

... What's he listening to, Bump and Grind FM??
    typo corrected

Is that one of those pay as you listen channels, like the ones were you get a freeview.

Oh dear.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

He failed in every single aspect of the coaching role both on and off the pitch and clearly hasn't learned a damned thing since.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    He failed in every single aspect of the coaching role both on and off the pitch and clearly hasn't learned a damned thing since.
    Certainly not media skills nor humility.

He really is deluded. Just glad he’s someone else’s problem now.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    And the fact that he appears to fail to learn anything is the problem my friend. As to folk who think we should just "move on", we'll be living with KCs "heritage" for a while, so shouldn't give him a pass on the damage he created. However, let's not forget the good he did as a legendary player.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    I think we should move on. You don't imagine that he did that damage deliberately, do you? He came in, had a go and wasn't good enough. He got sacked, rightly. And that's it. For how long do we persecute one of our greatest every players?
    How long is Matty Smiths contract?

In all seriousness, your right. Theres a lot to be positive about this off season with how we ended the season and the direction were starting to take - theres no point holding onto negativity for the sake of it.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    I think we should move on. You don't imagine that he did that damage deliberately, do you? He came in, had a go and wasn't good enough. He got sacked, rightly. And that's it. For how long do we persecute one of our greatest every players?
    I think most of can accept the fact that he wasn't good enough (pity he can't). That's not the issue. His ridiculous outpourings only illustrate his arrogance, which along with his inability to learn and his disrespect for his fans is what turned folk against him. I admire him as a player but as a coach and an individual (based on what he says) I find him hard to like. That plus the fact we've got to deal with his "legacy". If he had come in, had a go and not been good enough, no worries. Most have issues with his attitude. The fact that he is now in some odd way trying to claim credit for Saints finishing fourth is staggering. As far as "persecuting" him goes, I guess that will continue whilst he still asserts his oddball opinions in the media.