Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank the Tank

Learning All The Songs

Default Frank the Tank

FPN carried the ball 4 times in the Wakey game and made 2 mistakes

Dodged the biggest bullet there with not signing him?

In The South Stand

He really has been awful. Never mind frank the tank, he's not even a pedal car. Like you say it's a bullet dodged.

The beauty is that Wigan are obviously paying him handsomely, as we backed out due to him demanding more than we were willing to commit to. Their recruitment over the last twelve months has a whiff of Saints over the last 5 years about it.

There's some right tooth-gnashing going on over on their RLFans site too ... very reminiscent of here under KC.

Interestingly enough, after years of us being told that he's a better hooker than Roby, it seems that Micky Mac has gone down rather sharply in a few people's estimation!

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

When I was watching their game on Saturday, I thought the same about Leuluai too after being linked with him. Dodged 2 bullets IMO

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post

Interestingly enough, after years of us being told that he's a better hooker than Roby, it seems that Micky Mac has gone down rather sharply in a few people's estimation!
    I've noticed that too. Looks like people are finally seeing beyond the myth that is Michael McIlorum. I will never forget asking a Wigan fan to tell me why he thought McIlorum was a good player and his exact response was "he's well hard." That told me everything I needed to know.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

We dodged the biggest bullet there.
    Not wanting to derail this thread, but was quite impressed with Fifita against Wigan. He had to do big minutes due to Wakeys injuries during the game. Running over Tomkins was the icing on the cake.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Probably the best thing Cunningham did was not going for him

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Probably the best thing Cunningham did was not going for him
    It wasn't his playing ability that put him off, Cunningham wanted him. It was the length of contract we turned our noses up at.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Plenty on here were less than impressed with us not signing him as well. Always a risk either way with imports I guess but without doubt one we got right

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

he's a pudding (as I said when we didn't sign him)
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Not wanting to derail this thread, but was quite impressed with Fifita against Wigan. He had to do big minutes due to Wakeys injuries during the game. Running over Tomkins was the icing on the cake.
    Fifita's a brilliant player, we really should be after him or Ikahihifo. Even just one of them would make a huge difference to us.

Learning All The Songs

Fifita's a brilliant player, we really should be after him or Ikahihifo. Even just one of them would make a huge difference to us.

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Frank Paul the fat fraud.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    It wasn't his playing ability that put him off, Cunningham wanted him. It was the length of contract we turned our noses up at.
    My thoughts exactly. Wonder how hard KC went after him and how upset he was that we didn't get him? Same question about Lulu??? More luck than good judgement I expect, and possibly an indictment of the recruitment efforts of KC. Need to be much smarter with our recruitment over the off season but I expect we will have a lot more insider knowledge from Holbrook and his contacts regarding any Aussie imports.

Learning All The Songs

Keeping our cards close to our chest re: recruitment it would seem. Not a squeak of a rumour out here.

Got A Replica Shirt

Could not agree more with you about the tank,All I can say is Phew.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

I think the tell tale sign was a comment that Phil Clarke made on sky. He called him "Frank Paul drop the ball"

Obviously a reputation that he cant shake.

Banned

I'll stand corrected, but wasn't it us who first went after FPN, before the piescum bustled in to sign him. I'm sure they all patted themselves on the back for getting one over on us. Just like they did when they signed Davis Vaealiki from under our noses and we had to make do with some overweight, washed-up Aussie drop-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I'll stand corrected, but wasn't it us who first went after FPN, before the piescum bustled in to sign him. I'm sure they all patted themselves on the back for getting one over on us. Just like they did when they signed Davis Vaealiki from under our noses and we had to make do with some overweight, washed-up Aussie drop-out.
    I would like to think Saints knew he was crap and suckered Wigan by knowing their ego would override due diligence and offer him more to come to them.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

I would like to think Saints knew he was crap and suckered Wigan by knowing their ego would override due diligence and offer him more to come to them.
    That's pretty much the rumour that's been out there since we signed him - that we let it be known that we were chasing Vaealiki as a smokescreen to disguise our discussions with Lyon. Whether part of the aim at the outset was to sucker the piescum into signing DV I don't know, but genius if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The beauty is that Wigan are obviously paying him handsomely, as we backed out due to him demanding more than we were willing to commit to. Their recruitment over the last twelve months has a whiff of Saints over the last 5 years about it.

There's some right tooth-gnashing going on over on their RLFans site too ... very reminiscent of here under KC.

‘Micky Mac’ (cringe) has never and will never be good enough to lace Roby’s boots. He isn’t a decent enough player but Roby is world class

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    When I was watching their game on Saturday, I thought the same about Leuluai too after being linked with him. Dodged 2 bullets IMO
    Leuluai would have been ok for us as a bench hooker / cover for Roby & the Halves. Basically the role we ended up getting Tommy Lee for. As a front line 6 or 7 he’s not upto scratch anymore.

Learning All The Songs

Just seen a post by Nuuasala’s mrs on instagram basically about what she’s had to put up with over the years with abuse from fans etc..
    “I’ve seen my husband mistreated and had injuries ignored and made to play on through agony, I’ve seen him racially discriminated by staff and called terrible names due to his appearance, I’ve read & heard ‘fans’ nasty comments, I’ve felt my husbands heartbreaks... we all but fell apart recently due to a terrible experience in a terrible country at a terrible club”

Interesting comments about the Pie Eaters there

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    Just seen a post by Nuuasala’s mrs on instagram basically about what she’s had to put up with over the years with abuse from fans etc..
    “I’ve seen my husband mistreated and had injuries ignored and made to play on through agony, I’ve seen him racially discriminated by staff and called terrible names due to his appearance, I’ve read & heard ‘fans’ nasty comments, I’ve felt my husbands heartbreaks... we all but fell apart recently due to a terrible experience in a terrible country at a terrible club”

Interesting that someone claims discrimination then proceeds to call the UK a terrible country.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post

From what I've heard the piescum were pee'd off that FPN wasn't as good as they thought and worked on getting him out by the cheapest means.

Another player that they were so smug about "getting one over on Sentellins" with, who turned out to be a dud.