Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: End of the Wall of White?

In The South Stand

Angry End of the Wall of White?

The ladies England football team played at Tranmere Rovers ground last night (just down the road from me). There is a sign within the ground saying "Super White Army", which relates to the team (Tranmere) who wear white shirts. Guess what? The FA made them cover the sign up! Political Correctness has gone bonkers! Should we no longer use the term "Wall of White" regarding the England RL side? Should we not sing "When the Saints go Marching In" as it may offend non Christians, where does it end?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Probably not the place for this type of stuff but I agree with every word. This country is pathetic in terms of political correctness/softness. It's not just racial/religious stuff either; apparently we can't have girls and boys uniforms at schools anymore either, we have to be gender neutral nowadays. Soon there won't be such as thing as Christmas either as that'll offend too many people. The world has gone made mate.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Probably not the place for this type of stuff but I agree with every word. This country is pathetic in terms of political correctness/softness. It's not just racial/religious stuff either; apparently we can't have girls and boys uniforms at schools anymore either, we have to be gender neutral nowadays. Soon there won't be such as thing as Christmas either as that'll offend too many people. The world has gone made mate.
    In theory if you take a "gender neutral" approach to sport it will limit women's opportunities because there would be no seperate competitions for males and females.

World's going daft

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    In theory if you take a "gender neutral" approach to sport it will limit women's opportunities because there would be no seperate competitions for males and females.

World's going daft
    Good point. It does me make me laugh how these do-gooders are so selective in terms of when they want equality,etc. Like a woman who wants equal rights, equal pay and equal opportunities but won't put her hand her pocket for a meal or change the bins.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Default All Blacks

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    The ladies England football team played at Tranmere Rovers ground last night (just down the road from me). There is a sign within the ground saying "Super White Army", which relates to the team (Tranmere) who wear white shirts. Guess what? The FA made them cover the sign up! Political Correctness has gone bonkers! Should we no longer use the term "Wall of White" regarding the England RL side? Should we not sing "When the Saints go Marching In" as it may offend non Christians, where does it end?
    Have the All Blacks read this? Their footie team is called the All Whites. Political Correctness was bonkers from the start, it came from the Soviets originally, then the Nazis, then the US. Says it all really.

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

The after match showers wood be good though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post

World's going daft

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Good point. It does me make me laugh how these do-gooders are so selective in terms of when they want equality,etc. Like a woman who wants equal rights, equal pay and equal opportunities but won't put her hand her pocket for a meal or change the bins.
    99% of people understand that PC has been taken to far,but it has also ensured that racism,ageism,bias against people with disabilities, will not be tolerated within society.As with everything in this country it has been hijacked by people with their own agenda,without getting political we all know which political party thrives on it.

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    where does it end?
    In Off Topic.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

Got A Replica Shirt

Yes I Think about Ben Flower THUG.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Armourer View Post
    The after match showers wood be good though!
    There would be quite a lot of wood on show