JB&B Leach Banner
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Saints post a profit in 2016

  1. #1
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,000
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Saints post a profit in 2016

    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2017/08/1...record-profit/

    Interesting comments about on field performance by EMc

  2. #2
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Paying Kieron off this year
    Going out of the Challenge Cup early
    And signing Ben Barba this year with poor attendances will not be good for the books next year.

  3. #3
    Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Paying Kieron off this year
    Going out of the Challenge Cup early
    And signing Ben Barba this year with poor attendances will not be good for the books next year.
    IF we win the GF that will help, hopefully the signing of Barba will generate more interest from sponsors and no doubt a lot of the young kids will be having Barba on the back of their shirts next year. Unfortunatly unlike Leeds (They posted a 300k profit even though their training ground got 1m pounds of damage) a lot of our income does depend on how we do in the season. With SKY covering the cap and hopefully we get a decent shirt sponsor next year I don't see why we can't continue to make profit. As much as I miss Knowsley Road, without Langtree we would be in trouble right now.

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Also at least we're heading in the right direction, it may only be 10k but it's the first profit we've made in years. Let's keep going on and off the field.

  5. #5
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    As others have said right direction, but that is before taxation etc remember.

  6. #6
    In The South Stand 49er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,863
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I don't know the ins and outs about financial workings. Pre tax, post tax etc, but taking into account (smart use of that word) the state of RL at the moment and the country as a whole I for one applaud the club. We own a ground, etc. We are stable and appears we are being run correctly. If that means us not getting the odd 'so called superstar' because we refuse to pay stupid money, I'm fine with that.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

  7. #7
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,000
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    As others have said right direction, but that is before taxation etc remember.
    I will have a proper look at the postings into the next few days, its always easy to take financial reporting whichever way people want to take it so it really depends on how everything breaks down.

    I think the most interesting thing is EMc's acknowledgement that the off field side of the business is probably running as well as it can now financially, and investing in the on field is now necessary. We have already seen that with him investing in Barba, but I wonder how much further that will go...

  8. #8
    In The South Stand Jackbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    2,544
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Paying Kieron off this year
    Going out of the Challenge Cup early
    And signing Ben Barba this year with poor attendances will not be good for the books next year.
    Agreed. I think Eamonn might of said, 'satisfactory' between clenched teeth, but it could have been worst, and we have got our own Stadium

  9. #9
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Bit misleading to tag EBITDA as profit but an improvement nonetheless.

    Long way to go.

  10. #10
    Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,723
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Given we were making a loss in previous years, I'd be surprised if there is any tax to pay?
    Or are we talking about before (VAT/National Insurance/tax on salaries) has been paid?

  11. #11
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Given we were making a loss in previous years, I'd be surprised if there is any tax to pay?
    Or are we talking about before (VAT/National Insurance/tax on salaries) has been paid?
    Its more the depreciation bit - now we have a significant asset I'm sure there is some meaningful capex which mean that EBITDA breakeven doesn't necessarily mean cash breakeven.

    I'm assuming there are no significant cash debt service costs given its all shareholder money.

  12. #12
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    409
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Oh what fun it must be working in an accountants office. Not.

  13. #13
    In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,926
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I will have a proper look at the postings into the next few days, its always easy to take financial reporting whichever way people want to take it so it really depends on how everything breaks down.

    I think the most interesting thing is EMc's acknowledgement that the off field side of the business is probably running as well as it can now financially, and investing in the on field is now necessary. We have already seen that with him investing in Barba, but I wonder how much further that will go...
    Signing a promising young lad and the compo that will go with it is a start of good investment, the sort of thing we would have done in the past

  14. #14
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I will have a proper look at the postings into the next few days, its always easy to take financial reporting whichever way people want to take it so it really depends on how everything breaks down.
    Agree, I worked for a while in audience listening figures, the moment we received them before they were released we worked on finding anything positive, however small. I am sure the stadium facilities are more profitable for using the facilities for corporate events, weddings etc, but we seem to have moved away from the club also being a social club like Knowsley Road was at one time.

  15. #15
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    parr.and proud of it
    Posts
    1,544
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    Oh what fun it must be working in an accountants office. Not.
    My son is head of accounts in a large solicitors.and only 23.he can't make me anymore well off though.haha

  16. #16
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,488
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djdegsy View Post
    My son is head of accounts in a large solicitors.and only 23.he can't make me anymore well off though.haha

    Fair play to the lad. He's done very well, congrats and all the best to him

  17. #17
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,488
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I don't know the ins and outs about financial workings. Pre tax, post tax etc, but taking into account (smart use of that word) the state of RL at the moment and the country as a whole I for one applaud the club. We own a ground, etc. We are stable and appears we are being run correctly. If that means us not getting the odd 'so called superstar' because we refuse to pay stupid money, I'm fine with that.

    I'd go along with this as well. Good, sensible post.

  18. #18
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    parr.and proud of it
    Posts
    1,544
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Fair play to the lad. He's done very well, congrats and all the best to him
    Thanks for that.

  19. #19
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    5,806
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Going in the right direction, seem to remember McManus a few years back said we were going to be a year behind before posting a profit because of the cladding expenditure and the in house catering scenario. We probably need a turnaround in team performance and a grand final appearance this season to boost the revenue stream for any significant increase in profits for next year.
    Great achievement by MacManus we were leaking millions of pounds 12 years ago. Just need to rebuild success on the field from now on its long overdue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •