Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Owen Farrell

  1. #1
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Chiang Rai Thailand
    Posts
    890
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Owen Farrell

    if Saints were to sign Owen Farrell would the fans be excited . For me he was only in this Lions tour for his goal kicking which no doubt he is world class . But his attacking & defending is not outstanding .

  2. #2
    In The South Stand saintgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    eccleston
    Posts
    4,953
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Meanwhile in a parallel universe . . .

  3. #3
    In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Nobody would I imagine I don't think he'd be good enough anywhere in our back line or half backs BUT you can't take it away from the lad he's in NZ knocking over goals for the British Lions and earning some coin also.
    He's a better version of Stephen Myler from Widnes very average league half back that has made good career for himself with Northampton
    Different game different players styles only a handful suit both I'd say.
    Farrell could have a ambition to turn out for Wigan in a RU off season or something. oh god I've gone all Rogues Gallery...

  4. #4
    In The South Stand Jackbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    2,544
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    His kicking got the draw for the game and the series. Well that, and a accidental offside were the penalty was not awarded to the AB!

    But well done to the Lions.

  5. #5
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,040
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    if Saints were to sign Owen Farrell would the fans be excited . For me he was only in this Lions tour for his goal kicking which no doubt he is world class . But his attacking & defending is not outstanding .
    A bout of poor distribution in the first half does not detract from the fact that he is world class. To suggest he's only on the tour for his kicking suggests you don't know an awful lot about rugby union.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    730
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    His kicking got the draw for the game and the series. Well that, and a accidental offside were the penalty was not awarded to the AB!

    But well done to the Lions.
    If the Lions had been awarded that penalty,and then the decision changed their would have been all sorts of conspiracy theories,but as it went the way of the Lions nothing is said.

  7. #7
    Got A Replica Shirt Southern Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Signing a Lion

    If it was at all possible is there any Current British and Irish Lion you would like to see playing for Saints? I think Jonathan Davies would do very well.
    I stopped smoking and my brother called me a quitter

  8. #8
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    7,360
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Maro Itoje probably, a bit like Sonny Knuckle only a lot bigger.

  9. #9
    Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Newport
    Age
    51
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Maro Itoje would destroy it in SL.

    Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

  10. #10
    In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,501
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    Nobody would I imagine I don't think he'd be good enough anywhere in our back line or half backs BUT you can't take it away from the lad he's in NZ knocking over goals for the British Lions and earning some coin also.
    He's a better version of Stephen Myler from Widnes very average league half back that has made good career for himself with Northampton
    Different game different players styles only a handful suit both I'd say.
    Farrell could have a ambition to turn out for Wigan in a RU off season or something. oh god I've gone all Rogues Gallery...
    He was brilliant as a kid, played for Wigan St Pats and St John Fisher. Bit older than me but one of them that everyone knew about and had heard of.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

  11. #11
    Got A Season Ticket antwnsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    At my desk
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    George North, the way he carried the ball and an Aussie opponent on the previous Lions tour was one of the highlights of 2013. Strong, powerful and quick. He'd get more of the ball playing league, like Jonathan Davies (the Ex-Warrington and Widnes winger) said, 'I never caught a cold playing League'...

  12. #12
    Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Newport
    Age
    51
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antwnsaint View Post
    George North, the way he carried the ball and an Aussie opponent on the previous Lions tour was one of the highlights of 2013. Strong, powerful and quick. He'd get more of the ball playing league, like Jonathan Davies (the Ex-Warrington and Widnes winger) said, 'I never caught a cold playing League'...
    Too susceptible to head injuries now, wouldn't last 5 mins in league.

    Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

  13. #13
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Right side of the track
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Saint View Post
    If it was at all possible is there any Current British and Irish Lion you would like to see playing for Saints? I think Jonathan Davies would do very well.




    An outstanding centre. Trouble is that RL have not got enough money to sign him

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •