Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeb Taia

Got A Season Ticket

Default Zeb Taia

For those that think this post is by his biggest fan... it's not! However watch the 20th and 21st minute and tell me he's useless!

He makes a few errors and can be frustrating but his spell and work ethic across these 2 minutes alone along with the quality of work show his worth. 2 good runs in attack then 4 tackles in a set (all dominant and aggressive limiting yardage and he even pressured the kick) and the next set we score if I remember rightly or break well?

He's far more influential than I think we give him credit for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

He sure is influential, just like captain fantastic Wilkin. I'm glad we have these two in our side.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danhamon8 View Post
    For those that think this post is by his biggest fan... it's not! However watch the 20th and 21st minute and tell me he's useless!

He makes a few errors and can be frustrating but his spell and work ethic across these 2 minutes alone along with the quality of work show his worth. 2 good runs in attack then 4 tackles in a set (all dominant and aggressive limiting yardage and he even pressured the kick) and the next set we score if I remember rightly or break well?

He's far more influential than I think we give him credit for

He does make quite a few mistakes but I think a lot of those are down to the fact that he is involved so much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Let's be honest. He did jack sh't all game. Again!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Let's be honest. He did jack sh't all game. Again!
    Hahaha :

Banned

I just see Palateau in his last two seasons. I am really disappointed in him and he isn't exactly young either.

Default Zeb Taia

The problem with Taia is that for every good thing you pick out there'll be something appalling that he'll have done.

Got A Replica Shirt

He is a load of shite - can't tackle can't pass can't catch end of

I'm afraid he is just another of our poor signings. 2mins good play, what about the other 78 when he's useless.

Learning All The Songs

Peyroux played better so Zeb must have been rubbish

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

People must be watching a different game to me targeting Taia whilst ignoring yet again the ineffectiveness of Amor and Douglas.
    I think Taia was our 3rd best tackler last night and one our best forwards for carries and metres as well, he made almost more offloads than the rest of the team put together.
    He makes errors but it's the old adage if you are not making any mistakes it's more likely you are not doing enough work.

I would drop Douglas push LMS up to prop and bring some more punch into the pack and bring Ashworth into the team.

The last 5 games Amor and Douglas have been shocking for our go forward but Holbrook can,t replace them both so his coaching effectiveness will soon be under the spotlight.

Got A Season Ticket Wise Old Elf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    The last 5 games Amor and Douglas have been shocking for our go forward
    Amor has also been poor in defence - rapidly becoming a turnstile on our line.
    The Grind always leads to trouble

as the song goes.

Douglas, Douglas who the F*** is Douglas?

Learning All The Songs

People must be watching a different game to me targeting Taia whilst ignoring yet again the ineffectiveness of Amor and Douglas.
    I think Taia was our 3rd best tackler last night and one our best forwards for carries and metres as well, he made almost more offloads than the rest of the team put together.
    He makes errors but it's the old adage if you are not making any mistakes it's more likely you are not doing enough work.

I would drop Douglas push LMS up to prop and bring some more punch into the pack and bring Ashworth into the team.

The last 5 games Amor and Douglas have been shocking for our go forward but Holbrook can,t replace them both so his coaching effectiveness will soon be under the spotlight.
    I dont really look at stats but take walmsley out our side and we have no go forward at all.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKevIro View Post
    as the song goes.

Douglas, Douglas who the F*** is Douglas?
    A bit disrespectful although he trashed a few fighter aircraft Squadron Leader Bader was a hero even if he was legless all the time.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Quote Originally Posted by djdegsy View Post
    I dont really look at stats but take walmsley out our side and we have no go forward at all.
    I,m pretty sure the coaching staff will look at stats and the manner they have been achieved. Like I,ve said its Amor and Douglas who are not providing any go forward whats so ever they are doing a shift in defending but are being dominated in the tackle and its pretty much left to Walmsley and Thompson to do the hard yards.

Zeb Taia is our No 1 player for offloads, No 2 for carries, No 3 for tackles, No 3 for metres, in the whole of super league he is 4th for offloads and 6th for carries. So anybody who says is lazy and a waste of space needs to look elsewhere in the team. Amor and Douglas over the last 5 games have dried up on the offensive front and the slack has to be taken up somewhere, between them they have only made 3 tackle busts and 2 offloads with an average of 59 metres per game. "Lazy Taia" has made 13 tackle busts, 15 offloads with an average of 103 metres per game.

Now if Taia had similar combined stats of Amor and Douglas then there may be some justification in dropping him, the reality is half our pack is soft and is dominated when we are on the offence.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

3 - 5 years the team will take to get anywhere near good shape again. Just have to wait it out. I also think people need to take on board the amount of reasonable players who come here and don't perform to that standard. It's no coincidence and a large factor is the way we play and who they are surrounded by.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by kimmysaint View Post
    He is a load of shite - can't tackle can't pass can't catch end of
    That description would suit Amor too.

Learning All The Songs

I,m pretty sure the coaching staff will look at stats and the manner they have been achieved. Like I,ve said its Amor and Douglas who are not providing any go forward whats so ever they are doing a shift in defending but are being dominated in the tackle and its pretty much left to Walmsley and Thompson to do the hard yards.

Zeb Taia is our No 1 player for offloads, No 2 for carries, No 3 for tackles, No 3 for metres, in the whole of super league he is 4th for offloads and 6th for carries. So anybody who says is lazy and a waste of space needs to look elsewhere in the team. Amor and Douglas over the last 5 games have dried up on the offensive front and the slack has to be taken up somewhere, between them they have only made 3 tackle busts and 2 offloads with an average of 59 metres per game. "Lazy Taia" has made 13 tackle busts, 15 offloads with an average of 103 metres per game.

Now if Taia had similar combined stats of Amor and Douglas then there may be some justification in dropping him, the reality is half our pack is soft and is dominated when we are on the offence.
    Being honest.i dont think ive noticed Douglas much in any game ive seen this year.

Got A Replica Shirt

I would firstly like confirmation that you are not in a relationship with Zeb.
    Secondly it's.not particularly clever to compare stats of 'props' and '2nd rowers' as their roles are different within the team.
    Thirdly, you did not provide stats for errors or stats for how many of our moves actually end with Zeb through his selfishness/ self belief.
    Rose coloured vision springs to mind!

Quote Originally Posted by softly softly View Post
    I would firstly like confirmation that you are not in a relationship with Zeb.
    Secondly it's.not particularly clever to compare stats of 'props' and '2nd rowers' as their roles are different within the team.
    Thirdly, you did not provide stats for errors or stats for how many of our moves actually end with Zeb through his selfishness/ self belief.
    Rose coloured vision springs to mind!
    Well if you want me to compare like for like with props then Walmsley is on another rugby planet compared to Amor and Douglas.

Taia has one of the lowest missed tackle ratio's in the whole team, one of the best try assists in the pack. His error count is high similarly to Percival due to the amount of rugby traffic down that side. The problem is that with Taia being on the edge he is very visible and open to criticism when any move breaks down, some of our other forwards are "hidden" in the middle and there lack of effort, mistakes are not all that obvious until the game stats are broken down. We are working very hard in defence and its possible Amor and Douglas don't have much left in the tank when we go on the offence, Holbrook needs to bring the errors down we are just overloading ourselves with workload.

We need a couple of forwards to step up to the plate, Wilkin and Taia are the old men of the team but they seem to have more involvement and effort week in week out. Thompson and Knowles are improving but we are desperate for another Prop to replace Walker and for me we need Ashworth in the side to give us some dynamic.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 30th June 2017 at 17:28.

Learning All The Songs

Well if you want me to compare like for like with props then Walmsley is on another rugby planet compared to Amor and Douglas.

Taia has one of the lowest missed tackle ratio's in the whole team, one of the best try assists in the pack. His error count is high similarly to Percival due to the amount of rugby traffic down that side. The problem is that with Taia being on the edge he is very visible and open to criticism when any move breaks down, some of our other forwards are "hidden" in the middle and there lack of effort, mistakes are not all that obvious until the game stats are broken down.

We need a couple of forwards to step up to the plate, Wilkin and Taia are the old men of the team but they seem to have more involvement and effort week in week out. Thompson and Knowles are improving but we are desperate for another Prop to replace Walker and for me we need Ashworth in the side to give us some dynamic.
    Forgive my ignorance here stiddy.but how can ashworth be this dynamic player after only playing a few first grade games. Im not picking an argument btw im just aking why you think this.i dont know too much about him because ive hardly seen him play.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    3 - 5 years the team will take to get anywhere near good shape again. Just have to wait it out. I also think people need to take on board the amount of reasonable players who come here and don't perform to that standard. It's no coincidence and a large factor is the way we play and who they are surrounded by.

Totally agree, the club has gone backwards at an alarming rate,our procurement of players is in all honesty pathetic,

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

He's a mixed bag to say the least. Does some really good things but he'll do a couple of stupid things that prove to be really costly. He has a habit of biting in and turning his shoulders too early, doesn't count as a missed tackle but in his position, when that happens within 10-15 metres, you're generally going to concede a try. He does it a couple of times a game but it's so noticeable because of where he plays. Throws some daft offloads at times too, he's been around long enough to know better really. What I will say about him though is that he's a competitor, he's never lacking in effort.

When we sold Adam Walker, we left ourselves short in the middle: Amor, Douglas, Walmsley are our only genuine front rowers. Walmsley is a dynamic, impact type prop, LMS and Thompson are more secondary/13's who can move up if needed and Knowles isn't that type of player at all. We've effectively got four loose forwards in our starting 17 if you count Peyroux/Lee. That takes its toll. I'd say we need maybe two more front rowers if we want anything like a bit of depth and options and I think Holbrook is realising that too.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by djdegsy View Post
    Forgive my ignorance here stiddy.but how can ashworth be this dynamic player after only playing a few first grade games. Im not picking an argument btw im just aking why you think this.i dont know too much about him because ive hardly seen him play.
    Ashworth is a big unit (6'-3'' and 16.3 stone) fast can play centre as well as second row. He plays with his head up has a passing game and a kicking game, the problem last year is that he was still raw and prone to errors, Cunningham wanted efficiency(grind) over dynamic and wouldn't give him game time. I,m sure he would have made a few appearances this year only for getting injured, Thompson and Knowles have kicked on and we don't have injuries in the pack so there doesn't seem to be much urgency yet to see how he goes.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 30th June 2017 at 18:33.