Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your NRL Team and why?

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

Parramatta, got Bob O'Reilly's autograph that night in 1973 when we beat the touring Aussies 11 - 7.

Got A Replica Shirt

SHARKS all the way and NO im not a Bandwagon Fan supporting them cos they reigning champs Sharks were first game I listened to on Radio 2GB when living in Wales as couldnt afford Premier Sports lol then chatted with few fans on a forum and great blokes so Sharks it was ........CANT STAND St Merge DragQueens ...Only one team good enough for the Red Vee and its not those buggers

Banned

Broncos. Lockyer was my hero growing up. One of the greatest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I thought when I moved over here I would have a team but it hasn't been as easy as that. I love the NRL and have been to many games, I love playing the NRL fantasy game and even set up a league for my work mates, which makes every game fun & interesting, but I don't have any allegiance to a team.
    It's just not the same
    A good friend of mine moved to Brisbane 15 years ago.he proper loves the nrl and a big broncos fan.loves soo to.even lost his wigan accent (good thing)and got the ozzy one.
    Has for me ive always had a soft spot for the roosters.not sure wht though

He couldn't resist a dig today has i posted on facebook freezing on the top of yhe great orme.said he woke uoto 21 degreed but felt like 20 with wind chill.tosser

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djdegsy View Post
    A good friend of mine moved to Brisbane 15 years ago.he proper loves the nrl and a big broncos fan.loves soo to.even lost his wigan accent (good thing)and got the ozzy one.
    Has for me ive always had a soft spot for the roosters.not sure wht though

He couldn't resist a dig today has i posted on facebook freezing on the top of yhe great orme.said he woke uoto 21 degreed but felt like 20 with wind chill.tosser
    Some people are like that, i have a friend who you wouldn't believe he'd ever been to the uk nevermind been born there.

Im not one for posting about the weather and lifestyle, i cant stand it when people do that. I enjoy it but everyone is different and just as many leave as stay.

As i said before i love the nrl and go to games as often as i can, but ive come to the conclusion I'm never going to have a team after 4 years here so im better just enjoying them as a neutral.

I'll only ever have one rugby team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_1878 View Post
    I've not long started getting back into the NRL and enjoy watching but still don't have a team that I support.....

Do you have an NRL team? If so why and how did you pick them?
    Cowboys for me. A team that has worked hard to achieve success. Loved Josh Hannay and Matt Bowen before Wigan of course, but then Mr Thurston is just sublime.

I like the Cowboys too but there's a few teams I like. Was gutted when the Knights lost it late this morning

I can't stand Melbourne, don't like Brisbane/Canterbury/Souths/Gold Coast/NZW

I mostly support Easts, but also like Canberra, Manly, Newcastle and Penrith

I tend to like teams because of the players / culture rather than local or traditional rivalries

Wests / Cronulla sometimes I like them - sometimes not

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Canterbury because Jarrod McCracken played for them and my Mum bought me the their shirt from Gibson sports in Wigan for Xmas when I was 16 in 1995.

Sydney Roosters for sentimental reasons.

I always watched RL with my father in law after my dad died.

My sister in law and nephew live in Sydney, have done since 2008 when my nephew was young. He knew his grandad and uncle (me) were big rugby fans and for Xmas that year he sent us some Roosters flags and pennants.

The year after it was caps so we kinda became honorary Roosters, my FIL got a shirt for his birthday one year.

It became a bit of a tradition to record and watch Roosters games occasionally then in 2012 my FIL had 4 strokes and was basically a shell, blind and deaf but he still had his memories of Saints and Sydney so it's pretty much all we talked about when I visited him in a home.

He died in august 2016, never having visited LP or seeing the 2014 GF.

Cremated in a Saints shirt, I still have his Roosters shirt in my wardrobe and I still wear it on occasion.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Noooobie

Melbourne as my sister moved there for a while so that was the team I watched when visiting and Cronulla as they used to have the perfect Andrew Ettingshausen playing for them.

Learning All The Songs

Can't stand listening to the Warriors when they are at home simply because of Daryl Halligan who commentates, if you think Phil Clarke is biased this guy is something else.
    Always find myself wanting them to lose just because he's so biased and very rarely gives the opposition a mention or credit for anything during the game.

Don't follow the NRL as can't justify Sky and BT, but I am not sure it's right having to RL teams. If I watched it I would not have a team as I follow Saints. I would just watch as a neutral. Without being argumentative it would be like saying I follow Saints and Wigan! ( OK picked Wigan to be argumentative). But just because the 'other' team is in a different country and in a different league I still find it strange.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

I know what you mean, but tonight and justifiable so he was all about Cleary. Living in Auckland now it is perhaps obvious that I follow them in the NRL, but also have soft spots for teams or players Saints have strong association with. And the Roosters- for looking after me as a skint backpacker ( housed and feed)