Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmsley to Cas?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Walmsley is a bit of an enigma. One week he's running his blood to water, breaking tackles, doing big minutes. The next week he's blowing out of his arse and needs subbing 5 minutes into the match. With such contrasting performances you have to start questioning his pre match preparation and professionalism.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Walmsley is a bit of an enigma. One week he's running his blood to water, breaking tackles, doing big minutes. The next week he's blowing out of his arse and needs subbing 5 minutes into the match. With such contrasting performances you have to start questioning his pre match preparation and professionalism.
    He does appear inconsistent but I think it's more to do with how the games going than anything else, I could be wrong

I think he could be outstanding in a great pack, is he an impact player or do we expect long minutes ? I'm not too sure, but this seems like modern rugby, four on bench and plenty of interchanges I'm not sure we know what we want from the game

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    He does appear inconsistent but I think it's more to do with how the games going than anything else, I could be wrong

I think he could be outstanding in a great pack, is he an impact player or do we expect long minutes ? I'm not too sure, but this seems like modern rugby, four on bench and plenty of interchanges I'm not sure we know what we want from the game
    Let's not mess around he gets little help from Messrs Amor and Douglas.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    Let's not mess around he gets little help from Messrs Amor and Douglas.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    They are different types of players but I get your point. Maybe he would go better if there were two of his style?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post
    He is good,not great always has a mistake in him,certainly not International class but a good Super League Player,wouldn't be the end of the world if he left
    For me it would be pretty close to the end of the world if he left. I take your point about him being good not great, but in SL right now he is as good as anyone else, except possibly Hill; though they are different types of player. As far as Saints go he is head and shoulders above the rest. To replace him I think we would have to be looking at Oz, and after recent experiences that doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    For me it would be pretty close to the end of the world if he left. I take your point about him being good not great, but in SL right now he is as good as anyone else, except possibly Hill; though they are different types of player. As far as Saints go he is head and shoulders above the rest. To replace him I think we would have to be looking at Oz, and after recent experiences that doesn't fill me with confidence at all.
    I'm with you Belgian Saint; Alex Walmsley is the only one it seems in this Saints pack, who can make metres and he is the top metre maker in the competition after all. The rest of the pack needs to stand up and be counted.

I'm sure Saints fans expected more from the big money signing from the NRL on a 3 year deal, Luke Douglas. You know I remember having a discussion with Saint Toppy when the deal was announced and I had said that I thought the 2 year deal for Sam Moa, which Catalans did was the better deal. I've seen nothing to change my mind.

Regards,

STEVO

Amor is a head scratcher. He has had some great spells when he has looked the part and yet at times has been poor. He was at fault for one try on Friday missing a one on one tackle.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Amor is a head scratcher. He has had some great spells when he has looked the part and yet at times has been poor. He was at fault for one try on Friday missing a one on one tackle.
    He's turned into the epitome of a plodder.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Absolutely spot on

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    He has. Happily see him let go to be honest

Got A Season Ticket

JUDAS to wigoon was a lot worse in my opinion.
    Walmsley seems to blow hot and cold each week.
    If we can get good money for him, them so be it, but make sure that the money is spent on a decent Prop who cab 'Beast' the opposition.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    He has. Happily see him let go to be honest
    That's were I am Ralph. Of all our props I find him the most ineffective.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Im with Belgian saint & stevo on this, he's our best forward by a mile we'd be in trouble without him. He's taken a lot of games by the scruff of the neck this year and kicked us on an extra gear during the game.

Amazing some people's views on here especially after a loss.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    Amor is having a shocking season, last year 80% of his games were over 100metres, this season 80% is way below 100 metres. Might as well play Richards will make the same amount of low metres going forward as Amor, but fairly error free doesn't miss that many tackles and won't fly out of the line to get exposed one on one.

For Walmsley his work rate is a lot higher this season and is averaging 150 metres per game, I should imagine he's doing slightly more minutes this season so I think we have to accept he will be blowing a bit during a game.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 2nd July 2017 at 08:28.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Any suggestion that we should be happy for Walmsley to go or that we wouldn't miss him is completely and utterly astonishing in my book. He's our best prop by a country mile. Yes he is prone to the odd brain fart with his offloads but the amount of metres he makes wouldn't be easy to replace. It would be a shocking move on our part to let him go.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    They have the money from the Solomona deal. Hope they spend it somewhere else. Big Al is Saints best prop by a country mile
    Well if my maths is right they have 55k left of that transfer to sign more players as the remainder was to cover their legal fees. Cas best get the begging bowl out or make sure they win that SL prize money!

Maybe the way forward is to throw the ball wide without engaging the opposition defensive line and expecting Percival, Grace and Lomax to make the metres...

No need for big metre making props. May as well throw me in...

I give up...a bit like Amor seems to have done

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Amor is having a shocking season, last year 80% of his games were over 100metres, this season 80% is way below 100 metres. Might as well play Richards will make the same amount of low metres going forward as Amor, but fairly error free doesn't miss that many tackles and won't fly out of the line to get exposed one on one.

For Walmsley his work rate is a lot higher this season and is averaging 150 metres per game, I should imagine he's doing slightly more minutes this season so I think we have to accept he will be blowing a bit during a game.
    Said a few times.take alex out this team and we are screwed.he runs his weight and size and constantly wins the collision.douglas and amor by comparison are way off.upto niw Douglas has been a big waste of money.i hardly notice him when he's on.amor seems to of gone backwards and never been the same player since his injurya few seasons ago.
    Like yg says ,to let walmsely go is ridiculous. We need a couple more to compliment him if anything

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

We would miss Walmesley massively, and anyone who thinks we wouldn't really does baffle me. With regards to Douglas you can show me photos of the Saints players and I recognise them instantly. Except for Douglas, I honestly haven't a clue what he looks like, which speaks volumes that he's anonymous.

Learning All The Songs

Douglas could be homesick and still hasn't got used to his new life over here. Amor on the other hand has no excuse. Whitehaven would turn him down if he was offered to them.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    We would miss Walmesley massively, and anyone who thinks we wouldn't really does baffle me. With regards to Douglas you can show me photos of the Saints players and I recognise them instantly. Except for Douglas, I honestly haven't a clue what he looks like, which speaks volumes that he's anonymous.
    Douglas is a complete waste of time. Might as well just pick up a trundler prop from the championship for the price of a packed lunch.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Get rid of Walmsley and find someone better? I think we would quickly find out that such a policy would be utterly ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Darren Britt was anonymous in his first season for saints, a real step down after Fairleigh, and lots of species were really disappointed, but he came good in his second season. I don't think Douglas is going to set any trees alight, but he is a steady, dependable prop. Whether that is a good use of cap space is another question. But if he and Amor leave, who are we going to replace them with? And if walmesly makes mistakes, so did Graham. He was also very prone to giving away stupid penalties which cost us games. No one is perfect

In The South Stand

I can only hope that the story about Walmsley is an unfounded rumour.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I can only hope that the story about Walmsley is an unfounded rumour.
    It's a done deal. Trust me, I'm a Cas fan.