Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9192526272829

Thread: Ben Barba?

I'm a bit of a home bird but I'd live in Santa Barbara if I had about 10 million quid.

Thought I'd died and gone to heaven

Learning All The Songs

I'm going to Dominion Republic on Monday for two weeks with my missus, what are we going to find to talk about?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Is it true that if you spend more than a few hours in the Queensland summer sun you burst into flames?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Is it true that if you spend more than a few hours in the Queensland summer sun you burst into flames?
    No.

You'd be killed by other means well before then.

It's safer spending the night in Peter Sutcliffe's jail cell with a bag of hammers than camping out in Queensland

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    No.

It's safer spending the night in Peter Sutcliffe's jail cell with a bag of hammers than camping out in Queensland

Ha ha!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    You haven't got a clue where I live. I was sat outside in shorts and no shirt today.
    You could be one of those fellas that buys shorts and still insists on wearing them in the middle of winter.

In The South Stand

Each to their own,some may like Aus others may not. There is no right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    You haven't got a clue where I live. I was sat outside in shorts and no shirt today.
    So was I and I live in Haydock.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

Best cartoonist ever was Larson. Plus if there was a place where animals ate all children I would move there tomorrow whatever the weather.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Each to their own,some may like Aus others may not. There is no right answer.
    I quite like Benidorm. Beer's cheap

Just hope Ben gets through his contract with us and enjoys his and his family's time over here. St Helens is a long way from Darwin (Northern Territory), but I don't think it will be long before Ben plays again for Indigenous All Stars.

Enjoy him whilst he is with us, he is a class act.

Each to their own. It might be a novelty for him and his family to experience a crisp, cold winter, wrap up and get out and about, see a different season etc... Life’s what you make of it - he’s not doing it for eternity. I’m not sure I could live it a heatwave 12 months a year but everyone’s different

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post
    You could be one of those fellas that buys shorts and still insists on wearing them in the middle of winter.
    I do wear them most of the year.

Got A Season Ticket

I cant understand the bickering that goes on about peoples experiences living and working in various places. You either like it, hate it or fall somewhere in between. Neither the UK, Australia or New Zealand, where I happen to be living currently, are perfect, but we live where we live for all sorts of reasons. I lived on the West Coast of the South Island for 7 years, where sometimes we would get 9 "metres" of rainfall a year, still loved it there. I've spent time on holidays and working in Australia over the last 20 odd years, not my cup of tea personally but still a place that is worth experiencing. In a nutshell I have yet to find my Shangri La......but make the most of where ever I live.
    Last edited by Saint_down_under; 1st November 2017 at 03:19. Reason: Spelling

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_down_under View Post
    I cant understand the bickering that goes on about peoples experiences living and working in various places. You either like it, hate it or fall somewhere in between. Neither the UK, Australia or New Zealand, where I happen to be living currently, are perfect, but we live where we live for all sorts of reasons. I lived on the West Coast of the South Island for 7 years, where sometimes we would get 9 "metres" of rainfall a year, still loved it there. I've spent time on holidays and working in Australia over the last 20 odd years, not my cup of tea personally but still a place that is worth experiencing. In a nutshell I have yet to find my Shangri La......but make the most of where ever I live.
    Have heard Cleckheaton has a micro climate of it's own but a bit of a trek to the beach.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    No.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-36136635

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Each to their own. It might be a novelty for him and his family to experience a crisp, cold winter, wrap up and get out and about, see a different season etc... Life’s what you make of it - he’s not doing it for eternity. I’m not sure I could live it a heatwave 12 months a year but everyone’s different
    That's it, all depends on the player.

I've been to Australia twice rugby wise and once for a bit longer but not 100% sure I'd like to be over there full time at this stage or my life. Made some great memories over there though and enjoyed being over there, particularly the last time I went where I got to do a bit more. All depends on the individual though as you say, not everyone's the same. It'll definitely be different for him though training over the winter here.

He was exceptional in that play off game at Cas though and if he can replicate that every week we won't be far short.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V