Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Our away record...

In The South Stand

Default Our away record...

Does anyone have a theory on why we don't win away games this season, other than Matty Smith being our scrum half and having Adam Swift on the wing? Since LP I'd say we've done better than usual away, but this year I can only remember us beating Catalans and the last time we won away in this country was Wigan in a dead rubber in the 8s last season? 11 months without winning away in England? Is that right?

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

Last edited by Duke Eddington; 5th June 2017 at 01:52. Reason: Double post

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

[QUOTE=Duke Eddington;700559]
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Does anyone have a theory on why we don't win away games this season, other than Matty Smith being our scrum half and having Adam Swift on the wing? Since LP I'd say we've done better than usual away, but this year I can only remember us beating Catalans and the last time we won away in this country was Wigan in a dead rubber in the 8s last season? 11 months without winning away in England? Is that iright
    I can vaguely remember us nilling Hull away from home, while scoring 45 points. Is that really 11 months ago? Time flies!

In The South Stand

[QUOTE=Duke Eddington;700560]
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Eddington View Post

I can vaguely remember us nilling Hull away from home, while scoring 45 points. Is that really 11 months ago? Time flies!
    Neutral, doesn't count. Nor does France. 11 months stands me thinks.

In The South Stand

Let's be honest as much as our away form is shocking our home form hasn't been all that much better.
    Apart from the wins against Warrington and Leigh at home and against Hull in Newcastle, every other winning result home or away has only been by a four point margin or even less.
    Even the home win against Leigh wasn't all that a convincing one either.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

For some reason we seem to start poorly on a lot of our away games let the opposition get 2 scores ahead and we spend the rest of the match chasing the game and at worse collapsing altogether. Also when you see most of the Sky games the ref over the 80 mins seem to be more of a "homer" this season, maybe because of the poor standard of reffing these days the home crowd are more vocal against them and involuntary make most of the 50-50 calls to the home side, Bentham 1st and 2nd half v Wigan for example.

Most of the season, courtesy of Cunningham the opposition have found us very easy to defend against, because we don't throw a lot of smart play to the opposition, maybe we are bit more conservative and lack composure on away games. Last couple of games we have improved a little but we still heavily rely on kicks to score trys.