Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Widnes and a question about Thatto Heath

Noooobie

Default Widnes and a question about Thatto Heath

Yesterday I bought my ticket for the match against Widnes. As my flight back to Sweden is on the Sunday I thought that I would take the opportunity to watch another match while I'm in the area and I saw that Thatto Heath are playing at home on the Saturday.

Does anyone here go to their matches and what quality of rugby can I expect from a match in the National Conference League?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SweSaint View Post
    Yesterday I bought my ticket for the match against Widnes. As my flight back to Sweden is on the Sunday I thought that I would take the opportunity to watch another match while I'm in the area and I saw that Thatto Heath are playing at home on the Saturday.

Does anyone here go to their matches and what quality of rugby can I expect from a match in the National Conference League?

The NCL is the highest standard of amateur rugby league there is. Quite a few ex-pros are knocking about in that league and it's a good standard. Only a few weeks back Thatto had Sean Kenny, Paddy Flynn and Adam Saunders playing for them who were all recently on the books of pro or semi-pro sides. Flynn has since signed for Sheffield. The top clubs in Thatto's league would hold their own against some League 1 sides without a doubt.

It's a good club Thatto and it'd be a good day out for you I'm sure. I played there myself from being 6 years old and had a good few years in the NCL for them too so can vouch for their hospitality and the set up there.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Upside
    Non Members

I watch them frequently, I watch quite a lot of amateur rugby and think the standard is very good, in some cases the product is just as entertaining, I enjoy it anyway and I'm sure you will

Noooobie

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely go and watch them.

I'm a regular down there myself but watch the second team more as my mate plays for them. I'm away this coming Saturday but what I've seen of the first team this season, they are a very good team. Good set up down there. Food, beer,, hot drinks, the works

Just realised you meant next weekend i.e. 10th June apologies sir

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Hi SweSaint
    You would be made most welcome and whether the NCL team or NWML team is at home you're guaranteed an entertaining afternoon. Please come along and take advantage of the kitchen and public bar.... bring your friends

Vice Chair

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm a regular down there myself but watch the second team more as my mate plays for them. I'm away this coming Saturday but what I've seen of the first team this season, they are a very good team. Good set up down there. Food, beer,, hot drinks, the works
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post
    Hi SweSaint
    You would be made most welcome and whether the NCL team or NWML team is at home you're guaranteed an entertaining afternoon. Please come along and take advantage of the kitchen and public bar.... bring your friends

Vice Chair
    Thank you. I'll be there, but I'm travelling alone so can't bring anyone else.

Thank you. I'll be there, but I'm travelling alone so can't bring anyone else.
    You'll be more than welcome mate, I'm actually working next Saturday so can't go but sure you'll enjoy yourself

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Not to mention the Ladies team who have won all trophies available for 3 years in a row ;-)

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Hi SweSaint

Vice Chair
    NCL Team at home v Rochdale Mayfield K.O. 2:30 pm.

Noooobie

NCL Team at home v Rochdale Mayfield K.O. 2:30 pm.
    Thanks for confirming. I'll be there.