Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tonight's Games

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    He might suffer from insomnia, clever dick
    He may well do never thought of that,i believe it is a horrible illness to have, but why would he only post on a Saints site? plus i bet you his ip address is British

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    Ha Ha he really isn't Stevo would have to be posting in the early hours of the morning, he lives in Australia it doesn't take Sherlock to work that one out
    I'm not suggesting he is Stevo, but the difference is only 9 hours. Unless he's posting between 4-10pm our time it's perfectly fine to imagine the poster is in Australia.

Learning All The Songs

If saints lose on Sunday (I think they will), then we'll be looking over our shoulders again at that 9th spot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    If saints lose on Sunday (I think they will), then we'll be looking over our shoulders again at that 9th spot.
    Give over.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    He may well do never thought of that,i believe it is a horrible illness to have, but why would he only post on a Saints site? plus i bet you his ip address is British
    I was messing about when i originally asked him if he actually was Stevo. His post bigging up Leeds tickled me. Mike Stephenson always loved Leeds.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Whilst you're obviously not the real Stevo, you're just as adept at talking bollocks.

Saints were the architects of their own downfall in 2007 by being complacent, but in 2008 & 2009 were victims of some dodgy reffing.

It's a constant irritation that we as a club failed to sufficiently ram home our dominance of SL's first 12/13 years in the honours book.
    Now you have just made yourself look silly, and not for the first time I might add.

From 2007 onward, the fact is Leeds Rhinos have been the most successful team in the competition- 6 grand final wins over the past 10 years tells you that. St Helens faced Leeds in the grand final 4 times over the period of 2007-2011 and lost each one. Why was this? It was Leeds' golden generation that's why. Match winners and big game players as I said. And hence why Leeds struggled so much last year having lost some real quality from their side and having some other key players coming towards the end of their careers.

To blame the officials is poor, and Keiron Cunningham used this rhetoric last year didn't he, in the semi final loss to Warrington? When the reality was Saints simply couldn't convert field position into points. The smart fan accepts this, gives credit where credit is due and hopes his side learns from the things which made that side so successful (As Leeds did from the St Helens golden generation in the years previous)- a core of home grown talent and strong recruitment.

Regards,

STEVO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Now you have just made yourself look silly, and not for the first time I might add.
    Even if we accept that, I'd still have an awful long way to go to catch up with you on that score.

Can't believe I'm arguing with someone's comedy non de plume, but.... in both 2007 & 2008, Saints finished above Leeds in the league & beat them in the qualifying semi. That Leeds won both GF one-off games doesn't make them a better side - especially the 2008 one with the dodgy reffing decisions.