Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Games

Banned

Default Tonight's Games

Some close games so far tonight. Could do with the Cas, Hull & Wakey results going the way they are now, with Wire coming back to beat Leeds.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Some close games so far tonight. Could do with the Cas, Hull & Wakey results going the way they are now, with Wire coming back to beat Leeds.
    I would say we want Leeds to win and give us some breathing space

Looks like Warrington are getting well and truly performance cultured by Leeds.

Banned

We're not going to be in the Middle-8's. None of Widnes, Leigh, Huddersfield or Catalan are going to finish higher than us. Surely now, with Holbrook instilling some belief & a better gameplan, and Barba due to come into the team, we should focus our eyes on the top 4 - and for that we need the current incumbents to drop points.

Besides, I can't stand Leeds. Can't shake the feeling that they conned their way to those SL titles, helped by some luck & dodgy reffing along the way. Feels like they've robbed us of our glory, after we dominated SL for the first 10 years.

Banned

Could do with the Cas, Hull & Wakey results going the way they are now, with Wire coming back to beat Leeds.
    Bugger.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Love it ��

In The South Stand

It has to be time for Smith to go now ?

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

hahaha, post of the day.

Does anyone know the attendance at the Salford game??

Got A Replica Shirt

Dont forget when salford get there annual 6 point ban we are right in the mix

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

4 points off 4th

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    It has to be time for Smith to go now ?
    Noooo let him stay as long as possible. We don't want them having an upturn.

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Zing!
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Hull, Warrington, Catalans and Wigan need to carry on struggling, made up for Salford and Wakefield they deserve to be in that lofted position. Can't see Castleford and Leeds losing that many games. If Saints keep improving we should be well in the mix by the end of next month.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Warrington were poor tonight, I was looking forward to that match on TV but it was drab to watch, they made leeds look better than they are.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    hahaha, post of the day.

Does anyone know the attendance at the Salford game??
    4827 i was hoping they would have had more to be honest, a brilliant gesture from the Doctor though.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I was impressed with us beating Hull last week but as it turns out, anyone can beat em ha ha (sorry dad )
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Salfords attendance not to bad considering it was against Catalan so very few visiting fans.

Learning All The Songs

Seem to be having a few problems at Hull, Fonatu has asked to be released from his contract at the end of the season. He was a big part of their success last year.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

We're not going to be in the Middle-8's. None of Widnes, Leigh, Huddersfield or Catalan are going to finish higher than us. Surely now, with Holbrook instilling some belief & a better gameplan, and Barba due to come into the team, we should focus our eyes on the top 4 - and for that we need the current incumbents to drop points.

Besides, I can't stand Leeds. Can't shake the feeling that they conned their way to those SL titles, helped by some luck & dodgy reffing along the way. Feels like they've robbed us of our glory, after we dominated SL for the first 10 years.
    Saints will be in the top 8 without a doubt and still have a very good chance of ultimately making the semi finals come the business end of the season. The fact that the club will have Ben Barba to call upon at some stage, is a huge plus for St Helens because he has the ability to be the best player in the competition.

But what you have said here about Leeds is unfair and nonsense quite frankly. You have to accept that Leeds had better sides than St Helens over this period you are talking about. Simple as that. They built on Saints' blue print and put speed and athleticism all over the park. They brought through their golden generation of players- McGuire, Burrow, Sinfield, Hall, Calderwood and so on, and recruited very well with Webb and then Hardaker chiming in to the line from full back and of course signing Jamie Peacock for example.

And Just to comment on the Leeds game last night, Rob Burrow at 34 still has that speed to burn and is such a great weapon to have off the interchange. I said before the season had started that I though Matt Parcell would be a great signing for them and I think he has proved it. He's been the best hooker in SL thus far for mine.

Regards,

STEVO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Saints will be in the top 8 without a doubt and still have a very good chance of ultimately making the semi finals come the business end of the season. The fact that the club will have Ben Barba to call upon at some stage, is a huge plus for St Helens because he has the ability to be the best player in the competition.

But what you have said here about Leeds is unfair and nonsense quite frankly. You have to accept that Leeds had better sides than St Helens over this period you are talking about. Simple as that. They built on Saints' blue print and put speed and athleticism all over the park. They brought through their golden generation of players- McGuire, Burrow, Sinfield, Hall, Calderwood and so on, and recruited very well with Webb and then Hardaker chiming in to the line from full back and of course signing Jamie Peacock for example.

And Just to comment on the Leeds game last night, Rob Burrow at 34 still has that speed to burn and is such a great weapon to have off the interchange. I said before the season had started that I though Matt Parcell would be a great signing for them and I think he has proved it. He's been the best hooker in SL thus far for mine.

Regards,

STEVO
    You really are Mike Stephenson aren't ya?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I've always thought he might be. He is always knowledgeable about all the teams here and who is who in the NRL. Seems a bit more informed than the normal fan.

Banned

Far better results today. The scum and lucky Leeds losing is great, whilst Wire's woes continue.

A million miles away and a total pipe dream, but a top 4 of Cas, Salford, Hull and us would be great - if we weren't to win from there, I'd not be upset with any of the others taking the title.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Ha Ha he really isn't Stevo would have to be posting in the early hours of the morning, he lives in Australia it doesn't take Sherlock to work that one out

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post

Regards,

STEVO

Whilst you're obviously not the real Stevo, you're just as adept at talking bollocks.

Saints were the architects of their own downfall in 2007 by being complacent, but in 2008 & 2009 were victims of some dodgy reffing.

It's a constant irritation that we as a club failed to sufficiently ram home our dominance of SL's first 12/13 years in the honours book.

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    Ha Ha he really isn't Stevo would have to be posting in the early hours of the morning, he lives in Australia it doesn't take Sherlock to work that one out
    He might suffer from insomnia, clever dick