Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swift

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ptb View Post
    Yet, 14 nil up at Warrington, kick to Swift, under no pressure, knock on, momentum changes and Wire score. Too many chances. 3rd choice end of.
    He isn't the only one who has knocked on and I don't think it is 'end of' as he is still playing and will continue for some time.

He makes mistakes but has some skills and works hard, if we were more creative he would score more

I don't think he is as good as some people claim and not as bad as others claim.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    He isn't the only one who has knocked on and I don't think it is 'end of' as he is still playing and will continue for some time.

He makes mistakes but has some skills and works hard, if we were more creative he would score more

I don't think he is as good as some people claim and not as bad as others claim.
    He'll do for me as 3rd choice winger behind Makinson and Grace. Certainly a better option than Owens or Dawson have been previously.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ptb View Post
    Yet, 14 nil up at Warrington, kick to Swift, under no pressure, knock on, momentum changes and Wire score. Too many chances. 3rd choice end of.
    Grace has cost us quite a few tries with his errors but they get overlooked. And yeah it was all Swift's fault that we capitulated and let Warrington bang 40 points on us. If only Swifty hadn't dropped that ball we would of won that.

i'm getting more and more disillusioned with this forum.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Swift has gone downhill but I do feel that a lot of it is confidence. Hopefully he can get back to how he was playing a year or two ago.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

You could almost say the same thing for Matty Smith, he's only had 2 good games in 10. Swift will be 3rd choice winger by the time we get to the 8,s most fans will accept that, can't see the point in getting rid of him altogether, he has proved to be a better player than the one we see at the moment.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    You could almost say the same thing for Matty Smith, he's only had 2 good games in 10. Swift will be 3rd choice winger by the time we get to the 8,s most fans will accept that, can't see the point in getting rid of him altogether, he has proved to be a better player than the one we see at the moment.
    The only point in getting rid of him is either if he's on a big wage or we can feel be a better player happy to play back up. As for Smith, he's not a player who's going to turn a game on his own but looks quality behind a dominant pack. Same as most half backs really.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Swift has gone downhill but I do feel that a lot of it is confidence. Hopefully he can get back to how he was playing a year or two ago.
    This is the issue for me. Swift used to be a good, reliable club man who whilst not the same gravy as Hunte, Sullivan, Albert etc was nonetheless a good SL pro.

This year he has regressed to the point where he is little more than an ordinary backset filler and makes bad, basic mistakes as well. Hopefully the new coach may help.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    The only point in getting rid of him is either if he's on a big wage or we can feel be a better player happy to play back up. As for Smith, he's not a player who's going to turn a game on his own but looks quality behind a dominant pack. Same as most half backs really.
    I suppose its all about competition for places which is a healthy thing, Swift only needs slight improvement and he would be back in favour. 3 players for 2 positions is good for keeping players on there toes.

Wing:
    Makinson
    Grace
    Swift

Halves:
    Smith
    Fages
    Richardson

Centre:
    Percival
    Morgan
    Wellington

Full Back:
    Barba
    Lomax

I think thats a decent set of players for a competitive back line. Swift knows he's under pressure from within the club, so its up to him to perform and keep the shirt.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I suppose its all about competition for places which is a healthy thing, Swift only needs slight improvement and he would be back in favour. 3 players for 2 positions is good for keeping players on there toes.

Wing:
    Makinson
    Grace
    Swift

Halves:
    Smith
    Fages
    Richardson

Centre:
    Percival
    Morgan
    Wellington

Full Back:
    Barba
    Lomax

I think thats a decent set of players for a competitive back line. Swift knows he's under pressure from within the club, so its up to him to perform and keep the shirt.
    Competition for places is a good thing, only slight concern is swift seems to play like someone who is playing with some fear, maybe for his place, his peer respect, fans support, not sure but looks like he needs to relax a little and just play

Competition for places is a good thing, only slight concern is swift seems to play like someone who is playing with some fear, maybe for his place, his peer respect, fans support, not sure but looks like he needs to relax a little and just play
    Holbrook has identified certain individuals as "trying too hard" and wants them just to get the basics right first, Swift is most probably one of them, for example over running the ball. By the end of June we should see some daylight for better or worse where we are going as a team and as a player.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    ooks quality behind a dominant pack. Same as most half backs really.
    Like you say, most half backs do. The forwards set the platform for the halfback, no halfback looks good or is very effective on the back foot. They're cutting out the mistakes and completing their sets better now and we saw Matty create 3 tries as a result of that. Swift will improve and score more tries but lets remember he's been chucked on the opposite wing on the outside of a centre whom up until very recently hasn't been in good form. Grace has the best centre in the league on his side and Zeb Taia running strong lines too.