Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Head Injury Assessment

Default Head Injury Assessment

Is there an actual rule on head injury assessments? Or is it down to the physio/doctor to make a decision on the field?

I'd worry if the decisions are left with the chap blowing the whistle, as on two occasions last night, two saints players were left horizontal on the turf with play continuing around them.

It also begs the question how Leuluai avoided being taken from the field for an assessment, considering he was involved in a head clash that lead to a head wound and at one point couldn't even pick himself up from the floor - either Bentham needs a word in the ear or Wigans medical staff need to consider player welfare more.

I think there's a lot rugby league as a game can learn from rugby union, hate to say it, but they have their heads screwed on when it comes to players welfare.

Bit of discussion on what could be considered a hot topic recently, across all sport.

Noooobie

I always thought it was just if you have "any" head related injury you have to leave the field for assessment? i could be completely wrong in this case but it seems the logical approach??

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Douglas was a given as he was gone on the turf, Theo was probably a judgement call given he looked reasonable after a couple of minutes. Leuluai however was fine, but the repetitive nature of 2-3 blows to the head should have seen him removed for an assessment based on cumulative effect.
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13