Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuart Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Southport Saint View Post
    To be fair Angela Powers doesn't have an opinion, she just asks mundane questions with a chirpy voice
    Ha - she seems like a nice person, but she has a peculiar talent for seeking out the most banal question imaginable in any given situation.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

To be fair Angela Powers doesn't have an opinion, she just asks mundane questions with a chirpy voice
    And asks the questions in her head, regardless of whether they'd been answered or not

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Basically he's saying whoever jumps first should have free right to catch it. How are you meant to compete without touching? Could it not be argued Tierney jumped into Percival? Absolute tosh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    However, he never once mentioned Burgess shoving Swift in the back, with both hands sending him over the dead ball line just before he touched down Williams' kick.
    No way am I defending Swifts' cock up, but if he and Wigan are gonna be pedantic, then that should have been 'No try'

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Even Gary Schofield tweeted: get Stuart Cummings off the television he's a joke.

It was a try all day, two players genuinely competing for the ball.

In any event, what has happened to "benefit of the doubt to the attacking side". It seems we look at every legitimate try and seek reasons why it should be disallowed
    Dead on comment

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    I think this was the ultimate example of making a mountain out of the world's smallest molehill in an attempt to create a non-existent controversy. Hemmings and Cummings both culpable
    Dead on comment

Your right Cummings had to justify his role on Sky by being cleverer than us mere mortals
    Well he did not justify his role and made himself a fool who should not be involved with our great game

Learning All The Songs

I think Cummings is just trying to be controversial. whilst people are talking about him Sky won't get rid of him

Starting A Programme Collection

Jesus, he's at it again. Get him off the telly. Williams pass for the Marshall try started 2 metres behind the line and finished 2 metres in frog of it. Cummings was happy with it because it just 'drifted forward'... That's because it was a forward pass you tool! I just can't abide the man!

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Jesus, he's at it again. Get him off the telly. Williams pass for the Marshall try started 2 metres behind the line and finished 2 metres in frog of it. Cummings was happy with it because it just 'drifted forward'... That's because it was a forward pass you tool! I just can't abide the man!
    I think his point was it was momentum, he said the first 3m it travelled along the line

I thought it was forward though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Yea and he kept saying that Minnechelo had stood on Isa's hand but I couldn't see anything.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

No mention of Burgess leaning into the Hull player and making zero attempt to catch the ball from a bomb, compare that with the way he went on about Percivals try and it really is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    No mention of Burgess leaning into the Hull player and making zero attempt to catch the ball from a bomb, compare that with the way he went on about Percivals try and it really is a joke.
    I noticed that

I've not seen game but my son sent me a link to Tierney kicking the Hull try scorer. Was nothing said about that. Could have broke his arm and was it a penalty try?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I've not seen game but my son sent me a link to Tierney kicking the Hull try scorer. Was nothing said about that. Could have broke his arm and was it a penalty try?

No penalty try but after the try and missed conversion Hull were awarded the penalty under the sticks for the foul

The man is a paid tit.

In The South Stand

That isn't a penalty try as a penalty try is a totally different thing,it's a penalty in the course of scoring a try that results in a penalty kick in front of the sticks after the conversion attempt

Still despicable whatever it was. Right out of the Wane toolbox.

In The South Stand

Still despicable whatever it was. Right out of the Wane toolbox.
    I'm not saying it's right,it should be punished more often with 10 minutes. But i just wanted to highlight the difference between a penalty try and foul play on the try scorer

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    Spot on Paul. Why didn't the SKY commentators take issue with it? Two Wigan players converged on the Hull defender, one was attempting to go for the ball, the other with the ball coming from behind him, never looked up, but just jumped in to the Hull player, causing him to knock on. Never mind the refs, where's the consistency in the commentary team? To be fair, the are consistently biased towards Wigan! At the end when it was obviously job done and Hull were tiring, Hemmings was spluttering away that it was six tries apiece and only the goal kicking was the difference. Anyone watching the match would know his not to be the case. Wigan were dominated throughout and a couple of tries with about seven minutes to go (if that) hardly amounted to a hill of beans. Hemmings kept bleating about the penalty count, yet most of the penalties Wigan conceded weren't for dubious "offside" calls which refs can ping most teams for at anytime. They were for booting the ball out on the full from the restart, ripping the ball out in two man tackles, kicking the ball out of players hands (or rather attempting to!). Wigan at their very thuggish worst, inspired by a thug.