Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Walker Gone

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Default Adam Walker Gone

Signed 2.5 year deal for Wakefield with immediate effect.

Shame really as I had high hopes for him, another who tried & failed at a bigger club

http://www.totalrl.com/adam-walker-s...eld-st-helens/

Banned

Don't know why he didn't get more of a go really. If I had to pick between him and Richards I'd have gone with Walker but perhaps nobody was willing to take Richards off our hands.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Just posted this in the Owens thread;

Considering how well he played for Scotland, head and shoulders above any Kiwi forward he has been disappointing. That said I would of liked to have seen him given more chances.

Slowly getting rid of the Cunningham dead wood.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markrvr View Post
    Don't know why he didn't get more of a go really. If I had to pick between him and Richards I'd have gone with Walker but perhaps nobody was willing to take Richards off our hands.
    Looked for overweight by a couple of stone and aside from a couple of offloads he was poor in his brief appearances. He didn't get many opportunities but he didn't look like he was making an effort to take one of them. Good luck to him at Wakefield.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Cracking punch against Leigh, other than that he has done very little of note for us. Holbrook is taking out the trash.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Would have preferred to keep Walker over Richards but it's highly likely Walker is on a much higher contract, good luck to the lad. More space on the cap for us to work with. Maybe they're making room for Mose??

Nine matches and out the door! They are not messing about now are they? Who's next?

Good luck.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Looked for overweight by a couple of stone and aside from a couple of offloads he was poor in his brief appearances. He didn't get many opportunities but he didn't look like he was making an effort to take one of them. Good luck to him at Wakefield.
    His defence was very poor at times with him jumping out the line/ leaving gaps.

Its a shame in a way, he looked great in the four nations and raised my expectations, but those heights were never reached. I wonder if under a different coach we may of seen his potential, but I guess its another one chalked up. Thompson deserves his spot on the performances so far.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Slowly getting rid of the Cunningham dead wood.
    The dead wood part I agree with but slowly?!? He's shipped out two players and signed a world class one after being in formal charge for 4 days. He's moving pretty bloody quick if you ask me and all credit to him because it needs doing.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Just get rid of Wilkin the penalty machine and Peroux and we are sorted.

Got A Season Ticket

Have to give Saints credit here - they are certainly getting stuck into sorting out Cunningham's mess.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Would have preferred to keep Walker over Richards but it's highly likely Walker is on a much higher contract, good luck to the lad. More space on the cap for us to work with. Maybe they're making room for Mose??
    God I hope not! What a lazy waste of space he was.

In The West Stand

God I hope not! What a lazy waste of space he was.
    Served a purpose we've not had since though

Learning All The Songs

Mose Masoe in his place rumour could be true

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by The Surveyor View Post
    Have to give Saints credit here - they are certainly getting stuck into sorting out Cunningham's mess.
    thought it was Rush uncharge of recruitment so is he sorting out his own mess,,, think not... Thomson and Richards are both poor for the positions they are playing.... Thomsom not goos as back row and Richards on go forward to low tackle count as a prop.
    other young lads keep being used and keep showing they not good enough....

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Mose was great v Wigan he just loved a dust up

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I've been away from it all this weeks so am a bit behind but blimey. We've got three props now in essence, Thompson and Richards fill a spot but if we lose Amor or Walmsley for a spell we are knackered.

Risky business IMO. I get why but a thin squad is getting thinner.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    I've been away from it all this weeks so am a bit behind but blimey. We've got three props now in essence, Thompson and Richards fill a spot but if we lose Amor or Walmsley for a spell we are knackered.

Risky business IMO. I get why but a thin squad is getting thinner.
    Douglas ... LMS can fill in if needed, I think we are ok

He might have wanted to go too. If he's still living over in Yorkshire maybe the travelling wasn't helping him.

We need to move Owens and Peyroux on next for me. Neither offer anything we couldn't get from playing one of the young lads we have and they at least may have a future at the club.

He isn't my favourite player but I wouldn't be in rush to boot out Wilkin this season as some seem keen to do. When played as a right sided second row he does a job for us. I can see him maybe heading off for a swansong at HKR next year especially if they get promoted.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Douglas ... LMS can fill in if needed, I think we are ok
    He's a name but I'd imagine he'll be spending more time in a role that he isn't best suited to. Going to have to have longer minutes from Amor and Douglas in particular. You can always find names to fill spots but it's a risky rotation we've left ourselves with, time will tell I guess.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Served a purpose we've not had since though
    Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Mose was great v Wigan he just loved a dust up
    For someone so big he very rarely broke or bent the defensive line or made a big hit. Lazy and ineffective for 99% of the time.

For someone so big he very rarely broke or bent the defensive line or made a big hit. Lazy and ineffective for 99% of the time.
    Against the lower teams he definitively didn't go all out but against the likes of Wigan and Warrington he always showed up, I think when he was on the pitch and the game got a bit tasty he never backed down doesn't matter who we played against, he never got bullied on the pitch and that is something we have missed a lot the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    He's a name but I'd imagine he'll be spending more time in a role that he isn't best suited to. Going to have to have longer minutes from Amor and Douglas in particular. You can always find names to fill spots but it's a risky rotation we've left ourselves with, time will tell I guess.
    I actually think Douglas should have been doing longer minutes anyway. He's not a destructive or dynamic player but he's the kind of prop that will hold the fort and graft away for 60 mins while you rotate the other prop and loose forward positions. Playing him in 20 minute stints like KC was doing just doesn't play to his strengths.

Got A Season Ticket

[QUOTE=Stephen07;698779]That might be a concern. There were a lot of posts about how it would take him time to assess everyone and everyone would get a chance to impress. So Owens you can sort of see how he has judged him to be below standard so quickly, but Walker I'm not so sure he's had a fair crack.

That's probably fair. I'd say there are some others I'd have binned off before Walker if I'm honest but it is just good to see that there is someone taking over who has their own view and isn't afraid to make the difficult decisions (i.e. the complete opposite of KC). And who knows, shipping Walker out may be making room on the salary cap to bring someone else in? That is pure speculation on my part by the way as I have absolutely no idea if that is the case or not but after the Barba signing who knows what is possible!