Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Matty Fleming one month loan to leigh

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Default Matty Fleming one month loan to leigh

Has he played for you guys recently, will he look good in our poor Leigh side ?
    Last edited by RedVee Admin; 16th May 2017 at 20:10. Reason: Removal of copyrighted article

Got A Season Ticket

I would like Mike Rush to go with him
    Last edited by RedVee Admin; 16th May 2017 at 20:11. Reason: Removal of copyrighted article

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Would rather put Flemming in the Saints side and send Morgan out on loan

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    I've never been totally convinced by Fleming but maybe a spell of regular Super League games will help bring him on. If not well at least we'll know..

Fair comment

Got A Season Ticket

Are we making room to bring someone in I wonder?

Don't rate him tbh

Matt is very unlucky. He should have started the season as starting centre but for some reason we signed an NRL fringe player instead and now playing Matt would be like the club accepting they messed up. So he has only got to play twice. Oddly he didn't play against Warrington even when he was the obvious choice which may suggest he has done something. To be fair if I was him I would have spoke my mind and got myself dropped. So that would be my guess. On the other hand he may just need game time and they are priming him to be starting centre at the end of the year.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

He seems to fit the mould of a lot of the backs we produce; not particularly big, not particularly strong, not particularly fast. Hope he does well at Leigh though.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if Holbrook has made this decision himself, think I said on here recently that I think we'll see more players out on loan, purely based on how the system is in Australia.

Good move for Matty. Hopefully he'll get some game time against Super League players and club will get to see where he's at and what he needs to work on moving forward.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Starting A Programme Collection RedSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Matt is very unlucky. He should have started the season as starting centre but for some reason we signed an NRL fringe player instead and now playing Matt would be like the club accepting they messed up. So he has only got to play twice. Oddly he didn't play against Warrington even when he was the obvious choice which may suggest he has done something. To be fair if I was him I would have spoke my mind and got myself dropped. So that would be my guess. On the other hand he may just need game time and they are priming him to be starting centre at the end of the year.
    Hi Matt.

You haven't shown anywhere near enough in a Saints shirt yet to demand a starting spot.

Noooobie

Yes we are making room to bring Barba in by getting rid of Fleming!!!!!!! Warrington have 16 off cap at the end of the season and are linked with Barba etc and Eastmond the difference is they will probably sign them we talk about it but never sign anybody of any greatness or hope. No ambitions leads to what we have today a load of plodders not bothered collecting their inflated wages look at Tasi a heavy drinker when here who want interested now look at him, look at Vea, Walker for Hull KR, look at Walsh as soon as we get a player we put a straight jacket on them and destroy them. We can only hope that Holbrook has a mentality like Shaun Wane perform or go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

*Wrong Thread*

Noooobie

Wished Saints loaned more players out tbh. The likes of Richardson, Ashworth, Wellington, Spedding and maybe a few others like Bailey need to be on loan in the championship so they playing on a regular basis rather than play the odd week in the reserves.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    He seems to fit the mould of a lot of the backs we produce; not particularly big, not particularly strong, not particularly fast. Hope he does well at Leigh though.
    Was hoping he had some 'pace' as we don't really have any players with that at the moment (apart from loanee Ben Crooks)....oh well, thanks for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaint View Post
    Hi Matt.

You haven't shown anywhere near enough in a Saints shirt yet to demand a starting spot.
    Hi Ryan, F£$k of back to Australia will you
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.