Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Magic

Quote Originally Posted by jonesch View Post
    No. Ridiculous having it so far away
    I'm not actually a fan of the concept and never went until it was in Newcastle. It's a great city and I've enjoyed it both times, bar the disaster that was last year's performance

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm not actually a fan of the concept and never went until it was in Newcastle. It's a great city and I've enjoyed it both times, bar the disaster that was last year's performance
    I've always enjoyed them but particularly Newcastle. I remember one of the early ones at the Milenium and Wello scored about 5. Briefly remember us playing there in the first game of the season as well one year and we drew, 2011 maybe.

Always good events whatever our result is, hopefully the same this year and we get some decent games and a good atmosphere. All look pretty evenly matched.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    I've always enjoyed them but particularly Newcastle. I remember one of the early ones at the Milenium and Wello scored about 5. Briefly remember us playing there in the first game of the season as well one year and we drew, 2011 maybe.

Always good events whatever our result is, hopefully the same this year and we get some decent games and a good atmosphere. All look pretty evenly matched.

Yep. It's our big day out these days. No Wembley or OT for us

Got A Replica Shirt

We,re staying there too. Hope it's as good as you say and am pleased that there will be other supporters there as well. (Ramada Encore)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemay View Post
    We,re staying there too. Hope it's as good as you say and am pleased that there will be other supporters thereaswell .
    I'll be doing my best not to let the events on the pitch spoil it. 2 for 1 on the Long Island Iced teas in Las Iguanas I think from midday ish. In bed by 3pm

Noooobie

Anybody know how i can get 4 x discounted tickets at this short notice? 2 adults 2 kids 1 kid under 5?? any ideas????

Noooobie

I've got one adult weekend ticket going spare. Had a drop out at the last minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stjenny View Post
    Anybody know how i can get 4 x discounted tickets at this short notice? 2 adults 2 kids 1 kid under 5?? any ideas????
    https://www.eticketing.co.uk/rle/
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Noooobie

Any discount codes etc please?? heard people getting 50% off if season ticket holder anyone got any going spare? and if so how much please?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    What concept?

The whole thing is a brilliant example of the great minds at the RFL. When the Magic Weekend was cooked up it was seen as a way to promote the game to new audiences and aid potential expansion into new areas - I.e Wales and to a lesser extend, Scotland.

That soon changed when the Welsh RFU / Scottish RFU negotiated the continued use of their stadiums and probably saw what mugs the RFL are.

Subsequently the magic weekend games ended up at Manchester, all of a sudden the concept had changed to a family day (you couldn't script that the expansion concept had retreated back to the M62 corridor).

The game seems to have found a decent home at Newcastle but its been more by accident than design. I've never favoured the whole weekend. Its a total waste of time and only an anorak or a single young male will sit through nearly 5 hours of rugby. I'd rather have a bye week and I suspect that it would be favoured by the players too, not that player welfare is a high priority at the RFL.

Got A Season Ticket

Saints never turn up at this so I don't and for Draper to suggest it is now bigger than the Wembley CC final (see Redvee open letter response) is ridiculous.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Surveyor View Post
    Saints never turn up at this so I don't and for Draper to suggest it is now bigger than the Wembley CC final (see Redvee open letter response) is ridiculous.

Saints don't turn up for many. Magic is no different

Got A Replica Shirt

Well, I've arrived, am sat in the Sage enjoying a snack after the journey up and the excitement(???) has already begun. A body has just been taken out of the river right opposite.
    At least it looked as though it was still alive.
    Perhaps puts Saints poor performances in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by softly softly View Post
    Well, I've arrived, am sat in the Sage enjoying a snack after the journey up and the excitement(???) has already begun. A body has just been taken out of the river right opposite.
    At least it looked as though it was still alive.
    Perhaps puts Saints poor performances in perspective.
    Can you check it's not Holbrook after watching a video of the Cas game.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

It's not that magic when SKY don't seem too bothered about pushing it.

They've been trailing their Summer Spectacular of sport, and not mention of RL or 'Super League', let alone the Magic weekend which is happening erm.... when is it....?!?!?
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13