Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: I Wonder?

Got A Replica Shirt

Default I Wonder?

When McManus will start paying me via direct debit to attend games? Bit of a flippant thread, but on a serious note, how long will it be before the crowd numbers drop to unsustainable levels?

Noooobie

By all accounts Mike Rush runs the club and walks around acting like he is the owner. He runs big decisions by McManus but Rush ultimately is responsible for this the lowest point in our clubs history. How Rush hasnt been sacked yet is a miracle.

Got A Season Ticket Haydock Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    When McManus will start paying me via direct debit to attend games? Bit of a flippant thread, but on a serious note, how long will it be before the crowd numbers drop to unsustainable levels?
    Probably not this year, as season ticket holders account for a significant % of attendees already. The test will be on season ticket sales for next year, when they go on sale around August time. As per previous seasons this is around the time Saints announce their new signings for the forthcoming season, hoping for such announcements to inspire fans to by season tickets.

With the recruitment standards the last few years, I don't think this trick will work again. So if nothing really improves from now until the end of the season, it will be interesting to see how the sale of season tickets goes. I think this year they were down on previous years, but given how this season has gone plus the awful track record of signing players next year could be very challenging for the club.

It will be interesting to see what crowd we get versus Wigan in about 12 days time. Should be pulling in 17K but with it being a Thursday night, both teams form, particularly Saints, may be lucky to get 14k - which is a big financial hit for the club.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Haydock Saint View Post
    Probably not this year, as season ticket holders account for a significant % of attendees already. The test will be on season ticket sales for next year, when they go on sale around August time. As per previous seasons this is around the time Saints announce their new signings for the forthcoming season, hoping for such announcements to inspire fans to by season tickets.

With the recruitment standards the last few years, I don't think this trick will work again. So if nothing really improves from now until the end of the season, it will be interesting to see how the sale of season tickets goes. I think this year they were down on previous years, but given how this season has gone plus the awful track record of signing players next year could be very challenging for the club.

It will be interesting to see what crowd we get versus Wigan in about 12 days time. Should be pulling in 17K but with it being a Thursday night, both teams form, particularly Saints, may be lucky to get 14k - which is a big financial hit for the club.
    Yeah I don't think there will be a rabbit out the hat signing from the club this year mate. As you say, next seasons sale will be very interesting. However I can see the pies turning up in numbers and expecting a cricket score against us.

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Nah cant think of anything good to say absolutely dreading next week now apart from the social side having looked forward to this for ages.