Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Saints side I've ever seen

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Worst Saints side I've ever seen

This isn't a reactionary post to the shambles I've just witnessed, but as the thread says this is the worst side I've witnessed in 30 years of watching saints. Journeymen players who are stealing money. The only players are worthy of keeping are Knowles, Roby, Percival and Fages. The rest should be ••••ed off at the earliest opportunity, and that includes Lomax. Not one player apart from those should be anywhere near this team. We are paying a fortune to a scrum half who as our kid just pointed out, we let go 3 times (twice on loan then finally got rid) he offers nothing whatsoever to this side. Makinson isn't a fullback and couldn't pass water, and the rest are not even average. Holbrook coming in cannot work miracles with a bunch of lazy arse holes who have no heart or fight in them. We got tonked tonight by a Warrington side that simply played with pace, and we couldn't cope. Let's not forget this isn't the first time either, it's galling to know the money that they make for the effort put in. Make no mistake, we are a club in trouble and don't have the means to turn it around. With this mob we are due years of mediocrity while still pretending we are one of the big boys, and that disgusts me.

Learning All The Songs

Have to agree.The best coach in the world would struggle with this shower.

Got A Season Ticket

I sense that you may be a little bit stressed by the situation. Have you tried meditating?

Got A Season Ticket

Smile

Quite clearly a reactionary post

Craigo, I can't believe you would want to get rid of Walmsley but perhaps you're just not thinking straight at the moment.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Have to agree.The best coach in the world would struggle with this shower.
    I'm as gutted as you guys, but take a deep breath. The forwards were poor, I think LMS made more metres! (I'm prepared to be proved wrong). The basic errors we continually made let us down. Swifty under the high bomb (what a shock!) Grace with a knock on at the play the ball, Amor knocking on, Tommy with a wild pass, all basic stuff. I agree with what Longy said that the team didn't earn the right to play the fancy stuff. The forwards were pretty invisible and certainly didn't show the desire that Wire forwards did. With the start we had we should have buried them, you could hear there own fans getting on their backs. then Swifty let them in to the game.......................I stated in a different thread that I thought this was a really important game and could be the start of a good run for us, will I was wrong there, wasn't I? very disappointing. I find the top four a difficult proposition now, not to mention Cas in the cup. Some people were out of their depth tonight. Only consolation is that the Pies are fairing as badly as us, and they may not make the top four either. With the pathetic attendances that Salford and Cas get, should make for a sell out at Old Trafford! Although I'm sure that the "powers that be" will probably engineer a Hull Leeds final!

Learning All The Songs

cup run ends next week that's for sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carlvegas7 View Post
    Quite clearly a reactionary post
    Is right. Having watched Saints since 1984, I don't have to think hard to recall much worse sides. I don't think this is even the worst Saints side in the SL era. It needs seriously working with to undo several years of increasingly negative rugby style, but the building blocks are there. Yes, we've got some crap in the squad, but that's nothing new.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    I sense that you may be a little bit stressed by the situation. Have you tried meditating?
    I read that wrong at first and thought you were being a bit personal lol! Saying that I may just try the both and see if it helps!

In The South Stand

Apologies, almost fo0rgot to mention Matty Smith. Not one decent kick I can recall, absolute waste of a shirt. I had to laugh when the SKY team were bemoaning that poor old KC had this marvellous player missing for most of this season and how they alluded it had gotten KC the bullet. Well, like most of KCs signings, Smith is rubbish. Never looked like kicking a 40/20. Actually, never looked like doing anything. Note to new coach, get rid of Smith please.

Banned

WRT the Grace knock-on at the PTB, he seemed to be in the process of putting it on the floor when a Wire player's boot appeared underneath it. Whether accidental of the Wire player or very cute play (cheating), it's hard to blame Grace for that. Otherwise, I thought he was decent.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Next week worries me.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Is right. Having watched Saints since 1984, I don't have to think hard to recall much worse sides. I don't think this is even the worst Saints side in the SL era. It needs seriously working with to undo several years of increasingly negative rugby style, but the building blocks are there. Yes, we've got some crap in the squad, but that's nothing new.
    This post is a joke surely?

Banned

No. I'm just more level-headed than some on here seem to be.

Got A Season Ticket zerohero1266's Avatar

Name one ?

Got A Season Ticket

To me this game just shows the downside to uneccessary overplay and trying to throw the ball around when it isnt on at all!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

You're normally a good poster mate but you're bordering on playing the "I'm a better fan" card here.

I class myself as very level-headed but I'm fuming with that tonight. People automatically being irrational or "reactionary" by having a strong opinion. That was truly shocking to watch us collapse like that tonight.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero1266 View Post
    Name one ?

Probably as bad

Atcheson
    Smith
    Smith
    Haigh
    Goldspink
    O'Neill
    Davidson
    Pickavance
    Anderson

Some crackers in that squad, really was feast or famine

Got A Replica Shirt

Not being funny in anyway, we are all suffering together, but there are players in that team that are championship level at best. This team needs massive rebuilding and a change of the lazy arse doss about attitude that is quite apparent in the squad. We are worse than appalling and as I've said, this isn't the first time this season we've seen it. As for next week I won't hold my breath for a change.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    You're normally a good poster mate but you're bordering on playing the "I'm a better fan" card here.
    I don't mean to be - there's plenty on here who have and can put into words a better understanding than I do. But knee-jerking doesn't do any good.

Banned

That was one that immediately sprang to mind for me.

85/6, a couple in the 90's.

Learning All The Songs

I don't mean to be - there's plenty on here who have and can put into words a better understanding than I do. But knee-jerking doesn't do any good.
    I think at 14-0 they started thinking about next week!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    Not being funny in anyway, we are all suffering together, but there are players in that team that are championship level at best.
    There's a couple, yes. and I don't dispute there's an attitude issue amongst some, nor that there does need to be some rebuilding. But my point is that it's not as bad as some are making out. We're in transition, 4/5 games under a temporary coaching set-up, who are trying to make us play a style we've had stifled for nearly 2 years (and before then, hardly expansive, going right back to the Potter dark days).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    I think at 14-0 they started thinking about next week!
    I reckon that played a part, yes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

We had some pretty poor sides in the 1980's. I reckon this is the worst Saints Side in the Superleague Era by a country mile and also one of the dumbest sides I,ve seen in my lifetime of watching the saints. Control and Composure very amateur in everything they do, they just don't look capable of achieving a 3 match winning run this season.