Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roby injury

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Default Roby injury

http://m.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/6802

Doesn't say how long he's out for, just says short period of time due to knee injury and he'll be assessed by medical staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

As usual Saints tell you f*** all.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Well we've 4 games over the next two weeks so their is a fair chance he'll miss all of those.

Maybe a good opportunity to introduce Cunningham junior onto the bench..
    I heard good things about him towards the end of last year.
    Must admit I don't know how it's ever going to work with Dad coaching and son playing.

Learning All The Songs

Tommy Lee is very experienced player, and he will help lead our young squad for honours this season.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Tommy Lee is very experienced player, and he will help lead our young squad for honours this season.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Thanks Kieron. Good that you participate on here. Now, about Dom Peyroux ....

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    Thanks Kieron. Good that you participate on here. Now, about Dom Peyroux ....
    This must be the first pramtown post you've read?

Learning All The Songs

Re hookers & injuries.......who was the first choice hooker before KC ?

If I recall the first choice Hooker was injured so we promoted the reserve Hooker who I think was called Harrison, he got injured after a couple of games so KC got his chance and the rest is history.
    I just can't recall who the first choice Hooker was, I keep thinking Paul Groves but I'm sure someone came after him.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Enormous blow and typical of our luck. We've just got Smith back and now we lose another one of our most influential players in a key position on the field over Easter. Couldn't write it.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    Surely Bernard Dwyer.. .
    Most probably was, just couldn't think of it. Thanks

Learning All The Songs

Another excuse, for a few weeks ,for Cunningham to blame poor performance and numerous defeats on.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Well we've 4 games over the next two weeks so their is a fair chance he'll miss all of those.

Maybe a good opportunity to introduce Cunningham junior onto the bench..
    I heard good things about him towards the end of last year.
    Must admit I don't know how it's ever going to work with Dad coaching and son playing.
    Jonah can't get a game at 9 for the reserves/u19s mate, he's been playing 13

Banned

That means Kez will throw him in at stand off then.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saint-spoiler View Post
    Jonah can't get a game at 9 for the reserves/u19s mate, he's been playing 13
    In that case maybe whoever is playing 9 for that team should get a shot, it maybe a couple of seasons away but we need to start planning for the future without Roby and Tommy Lee isn't the answer

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    In that case maybe whoever is playing 9 for that team should get a shot, it maybe a couple of seasons away but we need to start planning for the future without Roby and Tommy Lee isn't the answer
    Agreed, Aaron Smith is playing 9 for the youth teams and is doing a very good job, better player than Jonah from what I've seen

Got A Season Ticket

However, when we played the friendlies. Jonah looked far more comfortable playing with grown men than Smith did. Smith kind of disappeared a bit.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lihp View Post
    However, when we played the friendlies. Jonah looked far more comfortable playing with grown men than Smith did. Smith kind of disappeared a bit.
    Neither are anywhere, anywhere near good enough yet and neither will play a second for the first team this year.

This topic is winding me up tbh. The only ones who should be considered for selection in that group are Ashworth, Wellington, Fleming and Richardson. Spedding maybe. How anyone can suggest Smith or Cunningham should be and then call Cunningham for his selections need to have a good think.

Again though, this all goes back to the depth issue. We lose a half, we change our structure completely. We lose a 9 and we're talking about spelling Lee with a back row or whoever else, who has equally poor acceleration. We've got about 20 players we can realistically pick from in the squad because of recruitment and the fact that we don't use the loan system effectively. How are we expecting to go through a full season, with effectively two Easters, with that depth in the squad? We're constantly one or two injuries away from disaster every time. Going to be totally knackered by the end of the month.
    Last edited by Tez the Saint; 6th April 2017 at 01:15.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

The main issue is that the likes of Wellington, Grace and Richardson should be on loan playing against men. Look at Wigan with Williams, he even had 3 games in South Wales. Prior to that, they drip fed him into the team, 20 mins here and there, a bit at hooker, a bit at loose forward.

We should have been doing that with Richardson. Instead we throw him in and ask him to lead us around the park when Smith is injured and then when he's not pulling up trees after 3 games, KC publicly throws him under a bus.

For an under 19s side to go unbeaten in a season is remarkable. It's practically unheard of in a team sport.

The fact that not one of those players from last season has properly broken through or even look likely to tells you all there is to know about Cunningham. They go backwards under his coaching.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Can anyone remember the circumstances behind Roby's move into the pack? Was it an injury to Higham or Cunningham? Im struggling to recall the details behind it.

I think it might be an idea to give Richardson a go, i think his distribution off the floor could be better than Lee's who contracts our atrack even more than usual

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Buddy; 6th April 2017 at 09:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    We should have been doing that with Richardson. Instead we throw him in and ask him to lead us around the park when Smith is injured and then when he's not pulling up trees after 3 games, KC publicly throws him under a bus.
    Have you seen the size of Richardson, though? I don't want to go all 'boys in the gym', but if he played in any position other than the halves he'd get his head stuffed up his backside. I actually don't think there's been any need to play Richardson in another position, though; if it's a choice between him or Wilkin in the halves, he should play every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Have you seen the size of Richardson, though? I don't want to go all 'boys in the gym', but if he played in any position other than the halves he'd get his head stuffed up his backside. I actually don't think there's been any need to play Richardson in another position, though; if it's a choice between him or Wilkin in the halves, he should play every time.
    Not necessarily saying he should play other positions. Just that he should have been "drip fed" into the team when circumstances allowed. Last 20 mins of a game we were winning comfortably for example (I know they are few and far of late but you know what I mean!)

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Not necessarily saying he should play other positions. Just that he should have been "drip fed" into the team when circumstances allowed. Last 20 mins of a game we were winning comfortably for example (I know they are few and far of late but you know what I mean!)
    Yeah, wouldn't disagree with that at all.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Can anyone remember the circumstances behind Roby's move into the pack? Was it an injury to Higham or Cunningham? Im struggling to recall the details behind it.

I think it might be an idea to give Richardson a go, i think his distribution off the floor could be better than Lee's who contracts our atrack even more than usual

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    From what I recall KC played the first 20/25 mind at 9 then Roby came on for him at 9 and on the 50/55 minute mark KC came back on at 9 with Roby seeing the game out at 13 that went on for years... I think that's part of what you're asking? Forgive me if I'm wrong.
    A injury to Higham is what first got Roby interchanging with KC but Higham did exactly what Roby did before hand,until then Roby just filled in where needed at 7 or even wing similar to Wello when he came through I suppose .
    Once Higham realised he was behind Roby he was off, shame really as we could have done with him when KC packed up.

We were never going to get away with having three nines of that quality for very long, not in a salary capped sport. I thought Roby started in the halves and then just developed into a nine as the needs of the squad dictated, namely Keiron getting old.
    Roby did tbh but he did fill in as a winger a couple of times. No I know we couldn't have kept Higham but I wouldn't have minded him coming back. He played in a better team with Wire between 2009 and 2015 in truth and had some success with them.

I suppose from his point of view he knew he was too good to be a back up which is all he would have been with Roby around. Right enough though, he would have been more than handy to have around. Look at us now, Roby out and nobody knows where to find a nine from. I think we'll get Lee but it doesn't exactly inspire you, does it?
    No it doesn't, a 36 year old Higham is still more effective than Lee which is shocking really. I mean Pelissier is at Leigh he's better than Tommy Lee but if you don't have the build of Lou Ferrigno KC isn't interested.