Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Injury updates

Got A Season Ticket

Default Injury updates

From the Saints website

KEIRON Cunningham expects two of his front line players to be in the squad when Saints take on Huddersfield this Friday.

Theo Fages left the field in the first minute at Salford last Thursday with a head injury whilst Adam Swift missed the game with a shoulder problem.

But both should be fit when the Giants come to town.

"Theo is still feeling the bumps and bruises from last week but is on the road to recovery," he said. "We have a long enough turnaround to get him right and we are hopeful he will be available. He has to pass a few progressions but he should be ok.

"Apart from that we are in good shape. Adam Swift is better than last week and he should be fit.

"But we have lost Jack Ashworth with an ankle injury for four to six weeks which is unfortunate. He has been in good form in the Reserves and would have had a run out over Easter.

"Matty Smith also had an injury against Salford but has trained well. He picked up a horrible dead leg against Warrington and if that had been any other player other than Matty I don't think they would have played.

"It was touch and go to see if he would play but he was determined to take to the field and that is credit to him. At one point he couldn't bend his leg, it was a bad one."

Saints host a Giants' side that is just one point behind them in the league standings, which makes the Friday's game crucial as they look to climb the table.

"It will a tough game," Cunningham added. "They missed Danny Brough last week alongside another couple of players and they will come back. Like Warrington, they will come here desperate for the win. They have been attacking really well, better than last year, but this week is 100 per cent about us.

"It's about how we start and how physical we are. We have to start winning the collision battle

Good to see Theo and Swifty likely back. Interesting comment on Smith having a dead leg at Salford

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Wow must be a really tough bloke "Matty" , or the rest are not Upto it , get a grip man. Not having a go at MS , think before you comment KC.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Oh no it's another collision battle.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Huddersfield have been attacking really well.....15 points a game.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    We just need 16 points on Friday then.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

[QUOTE=49er;689965]We just need 16 points on Friday then. [/QUOTE

Think we are averaging about 17 so could be close.

Banned

Sadly another nail biter then. Excuses solidified for Salford and preparation in place for the mighty Huddersfield at home. Heaven help us if we had Huyton away, Kez would be terrified of the threat held by piggy Fletcher and the challenge for our forwards and despite piggy pulling Charlie and Eddy out of toast last week to make up the numbers it would be with trepidation we venture to Alt Park.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

That's strange we have been making a point on here that Ashworth should be playing in the first team and replacing Peyroux then lo and behold KC says Ashworth is injured and cannot be in the 17.
    If KC had picked him in the first place weeks ago he probabably wouldn't,t have picked up his ankle injury in the reserves.

I think I know why KC shrugs his shoulders it's because the teflon coating hasn't, dried off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    That's strange we have been making a point on here that Ashworth should be playing in the first team and replacing Peyroux then lo and behold KC says Ashworth is injured and cannot be in the 17.
    If KC had picked him in the first place weeks ago he probabably wouldn't,t have picked up his ankle injury in the reserves.

I think I know why KC shrugs his shoulders it's because the teflon coating hasn't, dried off yet.

Not just me who was thinking along those lines then...

His plan must have been to throw him in against Wigan and make him the scapegoat when we got done by 40

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    Sadly another nail biter then. Excuses solidified for Salford and preparation in place for the mighty Huddersfield at home. Heaven help us if we had Huyton away, Kez would be terrified of the threat held by piggy Fletcher and the challenge for our forwards and despite piggy pulling Charlie and Eddy out of toast last week to make up the numbers it would be with trepidation we venture to Alt Park.
    Right, get your excuses in beforehand then you can say I told you so. Old Piggy terrified a few of them especially anyone that touched his wig.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st.david View Post
    From the Saints website

KEIRON Cunningham expects two of his front line players to be in the squad when Saints take on Huddersfield this Friday.

Theo Fages left the field in the first minute at Salford last Thursday with a head injury whilst Adam Swift missed the game with a shoulder problem.

"Theo is still feeling the bumps and bruises from last week but is on the road to recovery," he said. "We have a long enough turnaround to get him right and we are hopeful he will be available. He has to pass a few progressions but he should be ok.

"Apart from that we are in good shape. Adam Swift is better than last week and he should be fit.

"But we have lost Jack Ashworth with an ankle injury for four to six weeks which is unfortunate. He has been in good form in the Reserves and would have had a run out over Easter.

"Matty Smith also had an injury against Salford but has trained well. He picked up a horrible dead leg against Warrington and if that had been any other player other than Matty I don't think they would have played.

"It was touch and go to see if he would play but he was determined to take to the field and that is credit to him. At one point he couldn't bend his leg, it was a bad one."

Saints host a Giants' side that is just one point behind them in the league standings, which makes the Friday's game crucial as they look to climb the table.

"It will a tough game," Cunningham added. "They missed Danny Brough last week alongside another couple of players and they will come back. Like Warrington, they will come here desperate for the win. They have been attacking really well, better than last year, but this week is 100 per cent about us.

"It's about how we start and how physical we are. We have to start winning the collision battle

Good to see Theo and Swifty likely back. Interesting comment on Smith having a dead leg at Salford

Can't help but think of the Jason Manford sketch when professional athletes complain about a dead leg.

reference for those who don't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqxUH8bpbh0

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by st.david View Post
    From the Saints website

noticed that thought it was his ankle still not right.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Oh no it's another collision battle.
    I cringed too when I read that.

I assume that Matty Smith's leg injury must not have been the leg that he broke, as it would be lunacy to leave a man on the field with a leg injury when he returned from a broken leg 1 week earlier! Also, if anyone else wouldn't have played, I'm not sure why Smith should be an exception to the rule. If you're injured then it's one of those things!

I also take the Ashworth comments with a pinch of salt, but hopefully we will give a couple of young players a chance against Cas and Widnes over Easter.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

I know we want our best players out there, but if Theo needs a week off to be fully right for GF after an HIA, then surely we can cope without hm against Huddersfield if Smith is available, ditto Swifty?

What is the point of risking these guys with Easter coming up in what it possibly one of the easier games we're likely to have?
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Do you think he believes it when he says such things or is it just getting his excuses in early?
    Last edited by Buddy; 5th April 2017 at 02:46.

Gerard Songsters Organiser

More bad news on the way unfortunately. Squad announcement later.

Banned
    KC. Be so kind and take Owens with you when you leave. That's a good chap.

Tommy Lee and peyroux are fit to play ?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Howarth View Post
    More bad news on the way unfortunately. .
    Let me guess;
    Morgan has been dropped after his error last week and Peyroux will be moved into the centre to shore up our attack & defence ?
    KC has decided that Roby & Walmsley are looking a little tired and in need of a rest before Easter so they're being replaced by Lee & Richards this week ?
    Lomax will be out for 4-6 months with a sprained toe ?

Noooobie

Please tell me roby is just being rested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by mikey80 View Post
    Please tell me roby is just being rested

Hope so but typically Saints say nowt so we'll all have to guess and start rumours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk