Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whingeing fans

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    I'd have Flanagan in the squad over Peyroux all day long. He may not do much attacking wise, but he knows how to defend.
    And therein lies the problem. Our current squad is so poor in part that we would consider having back a forward who offers so little going forward and another who doesn't know if he's a forward or a back.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    I'd have Flanagan in the squad over Peyroux all day long. He may not do much attacking wise, but he knows how to defend.
    I'd have Terry Flanagan in the squad over Peyroux

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I'm always an advocate of giving imports a bit of time before judging them. It can't be easy uprooting your family to come and play in a place like St Helens

Hopeful that we will see them in a different light by the end of the season but with our current approach it may be hard for them
    Too much common sense there for some supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I'm always an advocate of giving imports a bit of time before judging them. It can't be easy uprooting your family to come and play in a place like St Helens
    Hopeful that we will see them in a different light by the end of the season but with our current approach it may be hard for them
    You 'may' have a point but I did not see any of what you have just said in the blurb from Saints when we signed them. Where did Saints say we have signed these players and hope they will be really good 10 matches into the season after they have settled their families in and got used to St Helens. In truth I think it's an easy excuse.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    Flanagan is no slouch and he's one of the fastest forwards in the game. His nickname was Flash for a reason !
    That's blown my theory out of the water I thought his forte was cleaning the ablutions hence the nickname. Could start a thread with this, Wilkin could be Biro for the number of PENS he gives away.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    That's blown my theory out of the water I thought his forte was cleaning the ablutions hence the nickname. Could start a thread with this, Wilkin could be Biro for the number of PENS he gives away.
    Wilkin's nickname could be manure the way he stinks the ground out week after week

Got A Season Ticket

The last overseas player that we signed who was genuine value for money was Sia Soliola.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

They are experienced professional players brought in to do a job on a fair chunk of our salary cap.
    They may have trouble settling into the town in their off-field lives but they will have been playing the game since they were 8 or 9 years old so once they put their boots on and get out on the pitch it's all the same ( or maybe the ball spins a different way in the southern hemisphere).

Having said that my grievance isn't really with them it was more with the club because each year we seem to announce the signing of these token import players just to boost season ticket sales, then when they arrive they are not significantly better than players we could have got over here.

Maybe this newspaper highlighting the criticism on here will spur them into action and they will show us what they can do.

If they can help us beat Wigan on Good Friday that will ho a long way in changing my opinion.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WBFOP View Post
    The last overseas player that we signed who was genuine value for money was Sia Soliola.
    Not for the first year he wasnt!

(I do agree though &#128513

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I think both will ultimately be good signings.It must be difficult moving to Saints from the quality of coaching and tactics they have been used to.
    Learned comment from The Don

Well we have plenty to whinge about lol

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by WBFOP View Post
    Mose Mosoe wasn't a too bad a signing but certainly, Soliola was the best one offering genuine value.