Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Owens

Banned

Thumbs up Jack Owens

Finally we see some value in Owens' ample backside. The way he used his bulging buttocks to knock the Wire player out of the way when chasing that kick for his try was expertly done.

Fair play

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Finally we see some value in Owens' ample backside. The way he used his bulging buttocks to knock the Wire player out of the way when chasing that kick for his try was expertly done.

Fair play

I thought Owens had a very good game. He certainly wasn't arsing about

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    I thought Owens had a very good game. He certainly wasn't arsing about
    He actually had a decent, solid game.

But i want, you know, a bit more excitement and flair from a winger.

Learning All The Songs

Totally agree

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

He deserves his shirt for next week. Any news on Swifty, I think Wilkin mentioned an injured shoulder in his interview with John Wells.

Owens had a good game last night, but he isn't quick enough to be a winger. How many times did Morgan break yesterday, pass to Owens and then he had to cut inside because he hasn't got the pace to beat the opposition with speed, so he gets caught too often.

As I said, he was solid last night, but a winger needs to be quick and confident enough to run the down the outside when its needed.

He had some decent and solid games towards the back end of last season as well. Unfortunately last nights performance I think is very close to the pinnacle of his performance levels.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

He seemed a decent prospect as a youngster but I can't think what position would suit him really .

Not enough pace for a back or size for a forward.

Most probably destined for a return to Widnes

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom83 View Post
    Owens had a good game last night, but he isn't quick enough to be a winger. How many times did Morgan break yesterday, pass to Owens and then he had to cut inside because he hasn't got the pace to beat the opposition with speed, so he gets caught too often.

As I said, he was solid last night, but a winger needs to be quick and confident enough to run the down the outside when its needed.
    Perfect summary for me.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Is it possible for him to lose any weight somewhere? If he could he may be able to pick a bit of pace up and we may find ourselves with the big winger we've wanted for a while now.

Knowing us, we'll get him set up for someone else to benefit.
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

In The South Stand

A decent game from him, have to give him credit for the try, he made sure he was the only one able to get to it. Still not good enough though and shouldn't have his contract renewed

Starting A Programme Collection paulx2's Avatar

Blimey, do me a favour, we won, yes and we played well too, i couldn't agree more but in all honesty and this is a judgement only on ability this fella is really toilet.
    Him being picked over any youngsters makes me worried for the future of Saints and the youth system cause if they are worse than him we are knackered.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Was shit, is shit. Even a turd floats sometimes. There really are some folks about who are easily spun around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leigh have a decent winger which we could sign for back up, he is currently there best player for Clean Breaks and Tackle Busts..........think his name is Matty Dawson.

Got A Season Ticket

Owens is a standby player, ready to step in when we need cover, which he is currently doing. To slag him off, call him s**t or whatever is poor imo. He won't be on big money either. If he was our first choice winger then yeah, complain about standards but he's purely there to play when needed.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyman View Post
    Owens is a standby player, ready to step in when we need cover, which he is currently doing. To slag him off, call him s**t or whatever is poor imo. He won't be on big money either. If he was our first choice winger then yeah, complain about standards but he's purely there to play when needed.
    Whilst I know what you are saying, the logical thing to do is not spend money on players of Owen's calibre but to use injuries to let the youngsters coming through get some gametime. I know this also may have problems at times, but it might make them feel more likely to forge a career at the club if they think they might get a few games over a season to let them bed in and experience it, and also so the coach can see how they cope and whether they are likely to make it. Having players like Owens is an insurance policy and for me prevents the youngsters getting the experience as the coach picks the perceived safe option.

However, I agree with the personal insults being out of order. Owens was signed by the club, and if picked to play, he plays. It is not his fault he is there, or picked. Insulting him is rather unfair - insult the club's recruitment policies not the player.

Learning All The Songs

Fair play
    Harsh but fair.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Was **** is ****. Even a **** floats sometimes. There really are some folks about who are easily spun around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you post using offensive language it doesn't impress people, it reflects badly on you, and makes you look a little bit immature.

IG

Banned
    KC. Be so kind and take Owens with you when you leave. That's a good chap.

Wow. Yeah. Owens is great.

Seriously.
    He scored a try I could have scored. This is why I wanted a Warrington win. Suddenly everything is great

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Onetimepost View Post
    Suddenly everything is great
    Said err well no one...

Got A Season Ticket

Totally pathetic thread.......you post this nonsense on Facebook or twitter and it's tantamount to cyber bullying, give the kid a break, two tries in two games, what more you want!!!

Order, order, order, order, order, order, order,order............where is the speaker of the house ( err Forum)

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

He's a squad player guys. When we've a fully fit squad he doesn't make the match day squad. Just steps in when we get an injury in the backs. After some of the shockers he's put in and the stick he's got, you have to give him some credit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Learning All The Songs

I'd be quite happy to see makinson remain at fullback instead of Lomax, he does a better job. I'd sooner give the young Welsh lad a runout on the wing. But it looks like we're are stuck with Owens at the Mo. But like others have said he did ok last night. I'm still not impressed with LMS though, and Lee is poor, and the tea was cold.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Widnes Saint View Post
    Totally pathetic thread.......you post this nonsense on Facebook or twitter and it's tantamount to cyber bullying, give the kid a break, two tries in two games, what more you want!!!

I wasn't being particularly malicious when I started what I thought was a lighthearted thread.