Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark percival

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Can someone tell swift to run behind him and he will get a load more tries.
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought that when his quick passes went into touch in the last two games.

Sadly a move to either RU or NRL is inevitable- we should just enjoy having him here while it lasts.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Does he have one?? If not, let's engineer it and pair him off with a stunner he can't resist that refuses to move more than 10 miles from St Helens
    He might end up at Wigan then god forbid.

I would love to see Regan Grace outside him. May well happen if Swift is out injured.

I thought Wilkin hit the nail on the head in his post match screen thing. He mentioned all the big athletic and powerful centres that are playing but Percy is a complete natural. I honestly don't think the likes on Watkins is anywhere near as good but the Sky chumps rave on about him being world class at every opportunity. He's quick and strong but hasn't got the skill set and natural understanding that Percy has. I believe we have a VERY rare talent that's worth his weight in gold (or Aussie dollars ��) if we can continue to get him some decent ball.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Simply brilliant

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Good pass to the ball boy on half time

Edit: replied to wrong post, i was referring to Evans

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought that when his quick passes went into touch in the last two games.
    Bit harsh on Swift. Those two weren't passes, they were just flicked on without Percy looking. As well as Percival is playing (which I think is pure class) I put those two errors down to him. I'm sure there will be other times in the season when he will try that and the speed of the flick on will result in a try.

Percy had another belting game last night, he always looked dangerous with the ball. Our left side will only get better at Taia bonds with Percy and Swift. Its our right side that needs to improve. maybe when Lomax is back and Makinson is playing on the wing we will be stronger.

Percival is absolute class. One of the few players in the league that has the genuine skill set of a centre, and isn't either a winger who has been forced inside, or a second row who has been forced wide. I've seen calls to move him to full back, but I don't think that would benefit his game. There is a trend in recent years to move your most potent attacking threat to full back, as we have seen with Lomax, Hardaker and Tomkins. But I don't think it's right for everyone.

Percival's assist for Swift's first try last night was magnificent. Evans did leave far too much of a gap, but Percy positioned himself perfectly to exploit that. His balance is brilliant, to allow him either to cut inside or go wide as required. Often, he will take a slight step before receiving the ball to leave the defender off balance. He makes defenders look weak with that late movement, but it is a subtle yet brilliant piece of attack that can easily go unnoticed. As he broke through he moved slightly infield to draw the full back before executing an accurate pass, to beat the full back, and make it difficult for the winger. That is the sort of skillset that a classy centre needs, and he must be kept there at all costs.

No doubt the NRL will be sniffing, it would be a huge boost if we could keep him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Pure class. Always looks a threat and now we're actually getting the ball to him in a bit of space he can actually show his class.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Real class centre play for Swift's first, hope he stays a one club man but you couldn't begrudge him a move to the NRL if it came calling.
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

The tackle on Evans by Percival rated No 1 on sky's biggest hits.

Banned
    KC. Be so kind and take Owens with you when you leave. That's a good chap.

We all knew he was good. He is looking sh1t hot now isn't he.

I hope saints can keep hold of him.
    I'm Guessing they will struggle because I'm sure Nrl sides will be hunting.
    But roby stayed so you never know.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Onetimepost View Post
    We all knew he was good. He is looking sh1t hot now isn't he.

I hope saints can keep hold of him.
    I'm Guessing they will struggle because I'm sure Nrl sides will be hunting.
    But roby stayed so you never know.
    Good service and space to work in. Our centres have been starved of this for years. Taia's signing will help Percival as will consistency in the half backs.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

It will always be a problem for Super League when up & coming stars like Percival
    fancy a change of scenery & fancy their chances in Australia . Similar to Greenwood .

Banned
    KC. Be so kind and take Owens with you when you leave. That's a good chap.

You would have to go where the money is too.
    Short career and limited money and all that.

Marquee signing rule for Percy maybe? Certainly the player worth using it on.

Got A Season Ticket

Can't blame Percival if he gets big offers if he goes for it! has talent with a proper coach will even get better.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

It is quite simple he is getting early ball from a second row who knows how to pass.

Disagree on the Swift point. Swift runs too flat to percy and anything that is slightly behind him he does not pick up.He needs to run slightly behind percy and he will catch passes and flick ons.
    Learned comment from The Don

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    It is quite simple he is getting early ball from a second row who knows how to pass.

Disagree on the Swift point. Swift runs too flat to percy and anything that is slightly behind him he does not pick up
    .He needs to run slightly behind percy and he will catch passes and flick ons.

Is that a lack of smarts as a player or down to poor coaching that it's not been picked up?

Obviously it's down to the player wanting to stay, but it'll be cheaper for us to keep him given he's an academy product. Surely we can go to the RFL for the £25k they seem to give out to 'good causes' like this to help with his wages too?
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13